1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Odd Jobs Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by deer, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    4:03 AM
    Can someone please add me back in discord pleasee? I was away for awhile for medical reasons and I think I got kicked :/.

2. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    8:03 AM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    I had to ask around and may be wrong but it seems like your discord account is still in the Suboptimal and Oddjobs discords. Is it possible your account changed between then and now? You can contact deer at @capreolina on discord or also me (@dilkdrinker) and get it sorted. MapleF11

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    4:03 AM
    Oh weird, yeah I figured I wasn't kicked but the only servers visible atm are the full server discord and my non OJ guild discord...hmm

EDIT: I'm just dumb my wife's account was logged in.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ClassicMing

ClassicMing Blue Snail

Sep 2, 2019
    Male
    4:03 PM
    ClassicMing
    So.... This is new for me. I'm gonna introduce a new character that I've made recently.

ENTER manni!
    Manni.png

A little bit about manni. He's a 'steelman' which means that he's an oddjob but with certain restrictions similar to an ironman.
    The oddjob that I decided to go with is a Hybrid of a Punch Slinger/Pugilist/Luk pirate and he does not wield any weapon.. I've never tried a pirate and therefore I thought I'd give it a go with manni. Also, manni was created as a means of making full use of my time when there is a 'PQ downtime'. As I'm from Singapore (+8 GMT), there are very few people doing PQs at the timings that I'm most active and hence, manni was born.

Self-imposed restrictions:
    NO Trades
    NO Merchants (with exception of grocers for pots)
    NO funding from any sources
    NO PQs allowed (Except PPQ for that pirate hat drip MapleF8 & APQ for the appos)
    NO looting of other player's loots
    Partying outside of PQ only allowed during bossing

*Those are the only ones I could think of for now*

Started off in Maple Island as per usual. *No pics cause I forgot MapleF3*
    PSA to everyone trying to get to lv 21 for KPQ and what not, there are 2 quests in Floating Market that gives a whooping 30k EXP and it's easy to complete! He only requires you to give him some branches and wood for him to make what seems to be a wooden sword. *I might be wrong due to that thing on my face.*
    Thawee.png Thawee 2.png
    The other guy, Toon, only requires 10 screws which you can easily get off the Free Market OR do John's jump quest. (easiest JQ imo) and TADAH! Level 21.
    Toon.png Toon 2.png

As per usual I leveled him up through quests and managed to get him to 25 with Winston's quest completed just before GM Buffs ended.
    GM Buff.png

Next, I went to do Camila's Gem and otw to deliver this beaut of a marble, I hit a pig and a card dropped. What are the odds! TaimaTaima
    Pig Card.png
    Legend of the Snail quest was a tough one as I had to come back at level 27 to complete it due to the fact that MANO, the old wise snail, was taking an hour's nap. Mano.png

Did all the Ariant Questline and hit the big 3.0. but continued on to 32 before I went for a promotion that I had to earn with blood, sweat and tears from Kyrin. The only time I wielded a weapon was in this TEST that Kyrin had planned for me.... it was nerve-wrecking as I only had the 3 sets of 600 bullets given when I became a pirate and the lv 10 gun which she lent to me for my adventures. With only 98 bullets left and a gun that I had in my hand to show Kyrin I was worthy, she promoted me to a Gunslinger!
    Big 30.png Gunslinger.png

Thoughts:
    I really had fun on manni on Day 1. It was challenging and entertaining throughout that 8 hours of torture but I had fun. I hope to post more updates on manni at every milestone that he achieves.

Apologies for taking up so much of your time to read through this mediocre and poorly written post. Hope you guys enjoy the read!
    MapleF1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    8:03 AM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    Finally another steelman, and with such a unique oddjob blend~! What a fun read! I don't think anyone could consider your post mediocre or poorly written.

Are you aware that pugilists can choose to wear a shield (or not, if it feels silly to punch holding a shield to you)? This can further increase their damage without actually wielding a weapon. It may help manni out, and give you more items to hunt scrolls for (especially since you're going the no-equipment-merchant route).

I'm not too familiar with pirate job advancements but I recall that Kyrin forces the player to use certain skills, and therefore probably a gun sometimes, during the advancement tests. Glad to see that manni doesn't have a problem pistol-whipping his way through the advancements.

I loved reading the start of manni's adventure! We want more! Give us more! ARGH (the sound that a pirate makes)! piratemush

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 2