1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paying to move characters to separate accounts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Emiiz, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Emiiz

Emiiz Red Snail

Oct 20, 2019
    Female
    3:41 AM
    Emiiz
    Chief Bandit
    I made a mistake of making characters under one account since I did not know any better back when I started. Now I wish to take this game seriously. Having my characters on separate accounts gives more convenience as it will be easier to boss, train my characters up, have MU/HB/HS mules, etc. I just wish to have all my characters on their own account.

Request: There should be an option to pay to move characters around. Of course, there should be a thorough verification process to confirm we own the prospective accounts. Just like paying for a name change, I don't see harm in paying to move our characters. MapleLegends will benefit a lot financially. This is also a fair game and does not classify as pay2win since anyone can either choose to make new characters on new accounts or just pay to save time and effort.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    12:41 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I like this suggestion but I can see a few things that can be deemed as "pay2win"

• MU (Meso Up) is an ability that increases mesos dropped from monsters, in the party.
    • HS (Holy Symbol) is an ability that increases EXP gained from party.
    • SE (Sharp Eyes) is an ability that increases critical damage, in the party.

Having Meso Up, Holy Symbol, and Sharp Eye mules being transferrable to another account even with validation of an account would still be considered p2w to an extent..

Some players don't donate at all and purely go with vote NX, and some don't really vote at all
    (some friends don't, they might be lying though.)

I really do like the thought of having a character transfer to other accounts, I still do hope this gets considered though.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:41 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Could you elaborate? Because I fail to see how being able to purchase a character transfer is considered pay2win.

If I understand OP correctly it's simply to make up for the mistake of making the characters on the same account and not having to go through creating another mule elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Sure.

When they donate to get a character transferred into another account for an example a MU mule it would be as if they're buying a mule with real money and so having a boost of mesos without having to leech that character up again fresh.

SE mule would be paying for critical damage whereas HS mule would be paying for a boost of EXP without having to leech it from the start, it sort of becomes a pay2win scenario in terms of saving mesos and the allotted time spent on each mule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    3:41 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    In this case, the character is still from the same person, he just trained in his alt in his "main account" which seems like a rookie mistake really.
    This suggestion aims to correct the so called rookie mistake.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Since you can move characters to accounts with a lot of saved up NX, it might be deemed as P2W

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I thought the same thing, you could move a character around several accounts to drain the vote cash.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yeah ok this is a good point, you can move your attacker over (multiple times) to accounts with saved NX to speed up the washing process.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Perhaps allow to move characters to only game account with 0 NX.

• Creative Creative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Hmm.. this is true too I didn't think about this.

Nice catch :D

11. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    4:41 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    U sure u didnt? That was the first thing I saw XD Gotta speed that washing am I right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    It would have to be transferred on a fresh account (<1 hour of creation?) since someone could theoretically spend all their nx on APRs, store them in the CS inventory (or on a mule char on that account), and have 0 NX before making the transfer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Exactly, forgot of this potential loop hole.
    Or to be simpler, the account must be clean with 0 NX, 0 item, no characters created

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Emiiz

Emiiz Red Snail

Oct 20, 2019
    Female
    Emiiz
    Chief Bandit
    I still don't see how it is considered pay2win. Pay2win in my definition is paying to unlock/achieve something that others who don't pay for can't obtain...like you're paying for a cube that's not available elsewhere unless you use real money for it. This is not the case here since anyone can either choose to make new characters on new accounts or just pay to save time and effort. It is the same in real life since we can either choose to do work or pay people to do work for us. Same thing in game with leeching since we can either do it ourselves or pay people to leech us. In the end, we all get to decide if we want that shortcut or not. We can either spend time and effort on training our characters, or pay to have our characters moved. Overall, we are the ones who trained up the characters ourselves and we are the ones who made rookie mistakes.

I do understand how people think this could be unfair as people could speed up washing processes, but in the end everyone still has to vote to buy resets. Like what BentPaw and iLovKimberly recommended, "the account must be clean with 0 NX, 0 item, no characters created". And like what Nightz777 said, we shouldn't be allowed to transfer the character to accounts with saved NX or mesos since that would make the game unfair. The GMs can decide if we get to obtain this opportunity with donor money, in-game money, or voted nx, etc.

15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    As much as I appreciate the suggestion and have shared similar frustrations, I feel like this suggestion would cause a significant amount of avoiding loopholes/specifics to resolve a non-issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I was all up for the suggestion, I was just pinpointing some flaws with it.

I would like for it to be a thing however it could be abused because people farm mesos, use mesos for leech and has a time sink per character as well. I know theres the rookie mistake thing but buying leech or buying potions for it or self training is sort of a meso sink.

As mentioned about the voting thing Staff can just check if the account has vote NX and tell the player that it has NX or it has Resets in the cash shop and if they want to have it transferred over to a character-less account they would have to make a fresh one.

Mentioning mesos sinks I think since Nightz777Nightz777 asked me to elaborate this might be a better way to explain it,
    theres people playing multiple mages to farm mesos the amount of raw meso generated from farming was sort of broken in a way since some people don't enjoy mages so people would feel even more discouraged to make one themselves whereas if a player makes 3 mages on the same account then they're able to transfer them using donor cash etc. to move a character to another account that person could also generate mesos.

The amount of time and mesos accumulated for each character would be saved up from the time, in-game currency (mesos) the person would have spent X amount of donor NX or vote NX to move a character over while about I'm not sure how much mesos a level 8 to 130 would be..

The person can or might save up about 400~550mil or more in mesos by just transferring instead of self leeching fresh accounts, I'd mention again I DO LIKE your suggestion and hope it can be a thing for the game these are just some unfair things that I see that can be abused from people that cannot donate or even use vote NX to make these transfers happen.

EDIT: Also you're able to make a character on another account farm the NX use the NX on ap resets or whatever else keep them in the cash shop delete that character so that the account looks fresh make/transfer a character and you will still have the items in the cash shop waiting for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    pay2win has multiple meanings. In MapleStory servers, usually, people call pay2win the same thing as 'Pay4advantages'. I've seen it happen in other places too. Basically, any kind of advantage that you can obtain by paying is marked as "Pay2win" even though it's not literally paying to win, but more so pay 4 advantages. It does indeed remain a fact that this suggestion gives you advantages since you can example vote constantly on 1 account, then move it over to an other account that also holds a lot of Vote Cash, giving you that 'advantage aka pay2win.

As for the feature itself, it's unfortunately very unlikely this will ever be a thing, due to complexity and possible risks involved if there's mistakes in the code.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I think people above kinda tackled this by mentioning it would have to be a completely fresh account that you'd transfer too.
    However, I can see that the complexity of adding this is much bigger than the few people messing up with multiple characters on one account.

19. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Still workarounds, such as expandable slots. Yes, all those things you can add check after check, but that slowly makes the feature besides a massive hole for potential exploits completely useless

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Yea I guess it would be nice to be able to pay to fix mistakes like this, but I just rolled with it personally. I have 4 characters on my main account. My personal opinion is it could become a RWT selling thing. "Pay me x amount and I'll transfer this character off the account for you to play". Plus I don't think the server generally wants to promote a mule lifestyle either.