1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please fix the steal skill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cowsgomeow, Jan 18, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Cowsgomeow

Cowsgomeow King Slime

Jan 16, 2022
    6:28 PM
    It's been a while but I read this thread on Southperry where the Steal skill can drop mesos, but it isn't counted as an item, so you can keep trying until you do get an item. So when I made a Bandit solely for playing around with the Steal skill, I was just disappointed it wasn't like that. That thread may could be wrong, it's really old. I don't really want the multitarget or stun like in the later versions of Maple, nor even the part where the stolen item can no longer be dropped upon the monster's death. Those are okay. The only change I would have liked is to the mechanic itself (not counting mesos as an item). But if you're saying that Steal has always counted mesos as part of the droploot (and that no other items could be dropped if the mesos dropped) since the beginning of Maplestory, then I can't complain. I just assumed OG Maple didn't count mesos as part of the droploot (and thus you can keep trying, even when it did drop mesos) and thought MapleLegends made that change which made me confused and upset. If I assumed wrong, then I apologize.

2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:28 PM
    I/L Arch Mage