1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please make great Abandoned ToT

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Huiae, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:52 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    before starting, I should admit this is absolutely not GMSlike. so if this suggestion gets rejected cuz of not GMSlike reason, I agree.

I hope to suggest removal of restriction for entering ToT maps w/o claring quest. concept of ToT questline itself is cool. breaking step by step and going furthermore over and over. but I should say this is huge reason of why ToT is abandoned.

cuz of this restriction, bringing mule character to make pty was blocked, and for this reason, who hopes to use ToT maps are forced to go FM every 2 mins, or just give using HS up. ToT map layout is very ideal for duo pty, and if those restriction gets removed, we'll use those maps for nice farming and grinding spots. It's goldmine for farming gears and stuffs.

yes, I'm suggesting this for our convenience and sadness watching those nice spots abandoned by silly reason (and our laziness...sigh). and who loves questing (we know quite lots of ppls enjoy questing) will do quests anyway, regardless of entering restriction.

Looking for positive review on this suggestion :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:52 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Could be very nice, but I don't think they will take off the restrictions for some reason.

3. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    1:52 PM
    Sean
    i wouldnt mind reducing the kill amount to 100~200 per map quest, so grinding there is not a freebie either

• Like Like x 1
  4. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    12:52 PM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Is it possible for a bishop to door someone to a map, even if that someone didnt finish the map quests till that map? If it is, then one can just use door to get to that map, so then no restriction needed. If a bishop cant use door to get a non-quest person to the map, then that should be made possible. I think this is the best thing to do. I am not sure if this is possible though.

5. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    either door or TP rock is impossible atm. q.q that's why I wrote this crying post. if any of those were possible, i'd used that way.

ADDED : not sure for GMS case, but TP rock was possible in KMS. (and whenever priest dies by mistake, we spent NX to bring him back.... I'm sure Neckson intended this for $ *sigh*)

6. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I favor the possibility of a viprock/door above the undoing or reducing kill count of the quest. Quests should stay the same as in old MS imo.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

11:52 AM
    I think letting VIP rock be possible would be interesting. Would be like a "payment" to skip the quest.

8. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    6:52 AM
    Slave
    I definitely would fucking mind. I'm a sadist and masochist when it comes to ToT; I actually fucking adore the 999 mob kills/map concept because it makes ToT seem larger than it is, and, by the time you finish each quest you'll actually have probably gained a decent chunk of EXP/items (depending on how early you clear it). Plus, it makes sense with the storyline. I actually almost didn't finish ToT postBB because they nerfed it.

Anyways, to main post CozyCozy; but more than that, I really hate nerfing the quest to make it more "convenient." I don't see an issue with this. You mentioned a part where it is mostly because people are lazy that they do not want to go through all the maps. For people with HS mules, that is their own issue -- this seems more of a complaint of lack of convenience rather than just game design. I do admit that it makes it somewhat annoying having to clear ToT with all these diff chars if you're going to try to get to Oblivions or just any deeper maps, but that's the way the quest line was designed to work -- there is even a story to go along with it. At any rate, I'm heavily disinclined to vote for a change in ToT.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Give this man a cookie.

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:52 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I am against it for one specific reason, but it is a contingent reason. The Level 120 gear (which I think should be made 150, imo) can only be made with the Maker Skill. I've been a huge proponent of bringing the Maker Skill into this server - but without updating it to an .83 server (which means a LOT of original coding/programing on the parts of the admins, and I acknowledge that this would be a monumental undertaking to do, but that's what I believe would be best for the community). What you need from the ToT monsters are the Pieces of Time (and I haven't been there yet, so I have no idea if they drop or not). The drop rate for Pieces of Time goes up as you go through each area. The drop rate for Pieces of Time with Memory Monks is lower than Memory Monk Trainees, which is lower than the Memory Guardian ... which is lower than the Oblivion Guardian, which is lower than the Chief Oblivion Guardian which has the highest drop rate of regular monsters. So if you want to grind for those Pieces of Time, you would have an incentive to grind through the quests to reach the maps that have the highest drop rates. Under the current conditions, I can see where making easier access makes sense, but for future development - I think this is a bad idea. Especially if the admins ever decide to add Pink Bean! If you wanna fight that bastard, you need to work your way to get to it!

But the fact that this suggestion has come up furthers my argument for creating a custom Maker Skill. =o)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Most people who have done the quests haven't really trained there much anyway. A lot of them went through all that hoping the exp would be worth it, but found it disappointing. The problem isn't the quests so much as it is the spawn rates and exp/hr.

Not that I'm complaining because it's mostly been the only place I've grinded for like 10 levels.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I don't have much to add to the conversation, but I don't think ToT quests/entry should be made easier.

13. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Whoa, i was sleeping and after wake up :confused:..... lots of opinions, thx a lot! but seems I was got misunderstood in some point
    I don't think the quest should be nerfed into smaller number. What I hope to be changed, is entrance restriction related with quest, not quest itself.
    and yes, if they completely remove restriction so we can enter freely, that would be NICEEEEE and SWEEEEET but not expecting it. at least, VIP tele rock please...... cos currently any methods are impossible.

I'm a bit surprised for this reaction cos ToT seems totally been abandoned but have so many fan players. yes, I'm also one of fans for ToT. and it'll be super sad thing to see our favorite map is totally abandoned by inefficiency/restriction. this is how I came up with relaxing restriction idea.

14. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I think this is going to far, not even because it's not gms-like but because it's the wrong kind of thing to make easier. Consider what Kimberly said in the "Future" post:
    These "difficult" things are not good things to make easier because they take away a part of the experience and not just make something less tedious.
    I think the same can be said about this suggestion, it is also "difficulty". Having to do the quests to advance is essential to the experience of ToT, of course everyone can still enforce this rule on themselves without it being actually in the game, but the experience will still be different. If you did all the quests to finally advance to the end, you do feel pretty great, just having done it for the quests (without the rule) will also be nice but just not quite the same.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I completely agree with ur opinion on "difficulty" and quest. yes, it's cool concept. but we should think about "after quest" also. ppls usually go ToT for quest, and kill 999 mobs for every maps, going further and further, feeling archive emotions. but what comes after killing lyka? they just use town scroll, go back to leafre, and go to skele/bf/petri for better grinding spots, and never come back to ToT. this is why I hope to suggest my opinion to make ToT maps activated. I'm not positive for "make it easier, i'm lazy to do quest and it's too hard! 999? OMG FK THAT". (honestly I think even 999 is small). but yes, we should think about "after quest" life, cuz it's much bigger than questing time.

my ideal solution to activate ToT as grinding spot is, allowing TP rock into maps, and still keep restriction for ordinary entering via portal, and door..

• Like Like x 1
  16. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I think that allowing TP rocks is alright and a much better solution than just disabling the block. One last thing I have to say is that if Pink Bean is added, the quests should still be required to fight it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    those questlines are prequest to make Chaos Orb (is this name right..?) to enter PB fight, like EoF of zrun, or Bear doll of scar run, so I think it'll be alright. (if it happens...happens....)

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Just want to point out that the reward for completing these quests is being allowed to move on to the next map. So by removing all restrictions and giving everyone a free pass, you've basically removed the rewards for these quests, and thus changed the quests.

Also, the way things currently are feels disappointing because even after clearing them all, there's nothing to do at the end. I can't even get to the final area there because there's no quest available for me to do to unlock it. Even if I could do it, it would just be an empty room, but it feels like there should be something special there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    [​IMG]
    This guy is waiting in the end of ToT journey. (to being developed...)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Durzo

Durzo Horny Mushroom

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Rome
    Phate, Durzo
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    I really like the idea of opening up ToT while not stepping on too many toes (changing quest requirements or opening it completely). The idea of using tele rocks sounds like a good compromise.
    I feel that the more diversity we can add to late game leveling the better. Ulu was a great step in that direction, imo.
    Making ToT comparable in exp to other sources of exp afforded to mage dependent attackers (as is the case at Petri or Skeles) without the need of a Mage in party (other than for HS) is what I would personally like to see.