1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll] Events and Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, May 10, 2018.

*Read thread first* What motivates you most?

1. The next event

2. The next content/feature

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:39 PM
    Moderator Post
    Do note that this poll do not represent what happens in MapleLegends, but is purely made because I am curious.

Do you as user look more forward into content added in MapleLegends, or do you look more forward to the next exciting event with limited rewards?

What's an event and what is content?

An event is something that is temporary and usually involves winning exciting rare and limited items, while content is something that gets added into the game permanently, like Monster Books.

Do you get motivated by events, and cannot wait for the next one, or do you prefer see content added for more things to do?

2. WalesNote

WalesNote Slime

Apr 29, 2018
    Male
    UK
    8:39 PM
    -
    I love new content. Having new areas to explore and new monsters to fight is awesome, though we are limited in what we can add. Love the world tour areas, but we already have them.

But I would like jump quest events, though it would be nice if everyone could participate at the same time, like a race or something.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mizz

Mizz King Slime

Jul 20, 2017
    Female
    Korea
    5:39 AM
    Mizz
    Hero
    it would be lovely if i could explore Neo Tokyo in MapleLegends > . <
    (due to a wonderful story & something to do at a high lvl)

so i get motivated and cannot wait for the next content ! hehe

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    4:39 PM
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    I would say that I look forward to events the most.

New content is nice (Looking at you, Monster Book), but even great content can become "stale" when given enough time.

Events are really amazing opportunities to get something that is fresh, creative, and also interest-grabbing because of it's time-limited nature. Good events (whether one-offs or month-long) are also great chances to get the community members to engage socially, and that's always something I look forward to. Yes, content can do that also, but I think events are where it happens best.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I personally feel like new areas are generally only for people in that niche lvl range (if the new area provides decent lvling maps), not every new area leaves as big of an impact as others. If a new area is added it gets used by people who may have training maps there, people maybe doing quests, or now monsterbook collectors I guess. Regardless of any area added, it gets stale. Therefore I'd personally pick the seasonal events. Seasonal events give some refreshness to already stale content and it essentially benefits everyone in the game.

Feel like content is content in the end though and I dont see many people bitching too much for one over the other (unless people are talking about endgame).

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    White Knight
    Every server/game needs a semi steady stream of new content or it just becomes repetitive so I think new content is slightly more important but events are good for morale I guess you could say. IMO
    Content wise tho it's just important to know what direction you're taking, and that's what messed Neckson up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xEternal

xEternal Timer

Aug 21, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    4:39 AM
    xEternal
    Bishop
    Plug
    I would prefer having new content over events as I know my event luck is just shyt as always. But having new content in moderation would be better . Otherwise we will just run out of stuff to put in and eventually become big bang

8. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    As a casual player, I prefer new content over event because I get to do things at my own pace.

New content are not limited to only end-game maps/content, the monster book addition is a great example and it is doing fine and awesome.

Small little things like quests, map or anything, etc are what make this nostalgic server awesome.

9. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    As a player myself (and quester) i prefer to get more content because i like to explore and do stuff. But i also understand why ppl prefer seasonal events: They make things look more alive, they have nice rewards, and also nice rates.

But i also feel like, sometimes some bugs or small stuff isn't fixed because there is an event going on and those tiny things aren't prioritary (my OCD feelings triggering maybe XD #MapleIslandBuggedQuest never forget SlimeCry)

So imo i would prefer new content+fixes than an event close to another event.

10. Vmandude

Vmandude Blue Snail

May 3, 2018
    Male
    LevForVev
    Beginner
    I like events more, mostly because I like the idea of keeping things they are (or adding content slooowly that doesn't change the nature of the game) but also because of the social aspect, gathering pretty much everyone for some fun together. Events can also be super crazy and made to fit all levels without altering your usual experience of the game.

11. VũPin

VũPin Snail

May 10, 2018
    Male
    3:39 AM
    Vuspring
    Warrior
    I agree to your opinion :D , I'm really love Jump quest events, which is traditional quest in maplestory, it's so fun :D

12. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Content (mostly high lvl, say NeoTokyo): boost high lvl people to stay playign maplelegends.
    Event: Everyone in the game, both starting players and old high lvl players profit from it.

So IMO it would be best to target new people with events in say summer, when lots of new players come and try ML. And in some "less" intense periods adding content would be better.

I would prefer events and new contents to follow after each other.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tan

Tan King Slime

Dec 21, 2017
    Male
    Closer
    Dragon Knight
    Plug
    Events please cause i can earn more mesos.

14. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    1:39 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    In genereal, I prefer new events over new contents. Since most new contents are new areas with new monsters, quests, and bosses, once you explored the place, completed the quests, there's not much reason to go back to it besides if monsters/bosses drop valuables, which if you think about it, it's almost like a temporarily event in a way, it's just that it doesn't have exclusive rewards.

However, some new contents get me excited more than anything, like the monster books for example, its reward is unlike anything we have seen, and as a completionist, it can certainly keep me busy for a while.

At the same time, events can be underwhelming too if it got too repetitive...