1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Quest: Zeno, the Formidable Enemy

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Annolis, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:28 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Quest: Zeno, the Formidable Enemy
    I assembled the Wave Translator and spoke again to Alien Grey, but after Alien Grey's dialogue exchange nothing happens. You are able to talk to him repeatedly, but you get the same dialogue each time. I tried dropping the Wave Translator to see if that would move the quest string along at all, but it bumps you back - having you reassemble the Wave Translator.

2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    3:28 AM
    There's a real Wave Translator and a fake Wave Translator. If it ends up being fake, it'll "break" when you give it to Zeno, and he tells you to go back to make another one at Dr. Kim.

Last bit of dialogue from that repeatable quest:
    "(Alien Gray has nothing more to say... It seems you've collected a bunch of useless information... The Wave Translator must have malfunctioned. Let's ask Dr. Kim to build another Wave Translator.)"

You have to drop it to be able to accept the quest from Dr. Kim again to make a new one, and hope that it'll be the real one this time.

Not a bug, it's just how the quests works. You won't know if the one you got is real or fake, until you give it to Zeno.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    It's also interesting to note that even tough bbb.hidden-street.net says that assembly failed if you receive the item "Wave Translator (false)", in the actual game here both the false and true wave translator are called "Wave Translator" (maybe because it's v62?). This also confused me when I did the quest a week ago and I thought it was broken at first.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Interesting info. Will check out if they indeed changed this around between versions.

However, using MapleTIP still shows both having the same name. So if they did, they must have done it at a fairly late version.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Following up to above post I looked at v83 and v93 (first version of Big Bang) and both have identical name, just a diff item ID, which is how the quest works. bbb. just listed it like that I guess to be more specific. So everything is working here as intended.

6. Planisphere

Planisphere Master Chronos

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    11:28 AM
    Planisphere
    Shadower
    I thought the quest was bugged when I did it back then, turns out it wasn't OnionF2

7. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, they're supposed to have the same item name, 'cause if they don't then you immediately know if it's "false" even though Zeno is supposed to tell you that. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

And I guess completing the quest for getting a false one adds 1 quest to your total quests for the quest ranking. SlimeWink