1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scaling pirate's "Double Shot" properly

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Siegfried, May 21, 2017.

Buff Double Shot?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Maybe...

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    4:44 AM
    I was talking about the purpose of using the gun as a weapon (you expect a gun to fire bullets), because following your logic we could just simply use basic attacks. At the end of the day it would kill the monster...eventually. And yes, you cant fire when monsters are close but that's why slingers are provided with skills like recoil shot, wings and blank shot, to get far enough and shot at the mobs.

If they-pirates in general- were meant to be hybrid then why brawlers don't have such issues? They don't use double shot at all in their 2nd job life and beyond (and probably even since 1st)

Besides that, another option balance-wise would be adding level-requirement to throwing stars though I doubt that the majority would support something that goes against the most popular and benefited class of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:44 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You're making zero sense. Somersault kick is supposed to be a decent mobbing ability, even for a gunslinger in 2nd job. It doesn't matter if you expect to constantly be firing your gun nonstop. Your idea of how gunslingers are supposed to look while fighting is what at fault here

Well I'm sorry, does a gunslinger ever use flash fist?

Yes, pirate is a "hybrid" job. Then at 2nd job guess what? Oh, they start specializing!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. pingas

pingas Blue Snail

Aug 13, 2018
    Male
    10:44 AM
    What happens when you use Doble Shot and Gun Boster at the same time?
    It increases the speed at the 2 bullets are shot, or just decreaces the burst dely?

4. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    7:44 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Delay decreases from 480ms to 420ms, or 125 Double shots per minute becomes ~143 per minute.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:44 AM
    Moderator Post
    I am pretty sure on our latest skill changes we did buff Double Shot SiegfriedSiegfried can you confirm if you are happy or not? Seeing your topic got bumped not long ago.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    2:44 AM
    Absolutely, and sorry for the late reply!
    I see many gunslingers up and about now, to the point where I can see some in OPQ. They're not as useless anymore as they can contribute similarly to other damaging classes like my own spearman (which does about 2 - 3k with power strike at level 60!).

Frankly I'm surprised it's finally buffed after so long, but thanks a lot for the care Kimmy! Can't wait to power-level my Slinger to 70 after eating dust for so long!

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:44 AM
    Moderator Post
    Great! Moved to accepted then.