1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - June 2, 2018

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:29 PM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on Saturday June 2. It will last approximately up to 60 minutes. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play!

Time:
    7 PM server time

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    • Merchants will be closed
    Changes and Updates:
    • The release of Amorian Challenge (lvl: 40~200) (Amoria Party Quest)*
    • Bug fix attempt on the infamous Error 38 on group warps**
    • You will no longer receive apples from Marriage or Guild Party Quest bonus. Only from Amoria Party Quest bonus, like GMS.
    • Marriage level requirement reduced from level 50 to level 10 (GMS-like)
    *The party quest will be released identical as how it worked in GMS, based on the official Neckson scripts.

**We have found out that summons are the reason or part of the reason Error 38 happens on group warps. We will conclude this further by currently debuffing summons on group warps when you are instanced (eg. Party Quest, Marriage). If you still Error 38 on group warps (eg. at the newly released APQ), let us know immediately. The following skills fall under the summons that will be dispelled/debuffed upon map change:
    1321007: Beholder
    2221005: Ifrit
    2311006: Summon Dragon
    2321003: Bahamut
    3121006: Phoenix
    5211002: Gaviota

Yes, Amoria Party Quest will be released.

No download is required for this update.

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff & Administration-

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    1:29 PM
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Thank you for the Amoria PQ addition! Believe that this additional content will breathe much freshness into "life after marriage" literally.

However, I am rather piqued and perturbed, in fact - by the removal of Apples to GPQ. In fact, I think that it served as a great incentive to invite more people to partake in GPQ - a pleasant surprise. For all I know; there is a friendly competition currently going on between a few guilds to climb the leaderboard! Also, if we were to compare the attributes of GPQ and APQ, i would wager that APQ is inherently more restrictive in nature since only married individuals can take part; whilst GPQ is open to everyone (in a guild). The point that i'm trying to make is that there isn't much of a point "nerfing" GPQ. I do not believe that the "output" of Apples from GPQ was anywhere near the scale of that of which was produced in the days where marrying = 12 apples. If we were to lever the removal of apples from GPQ as a means to incentivise people to take part in APQ, that too does not hold water as the interrelation of the PQs are tenuous, at best.

I know that restoring apples to APQ is in line with what was originally in place with GMS, but this server has never been afraid of making changes to the original GMS recipe. I also know that apples viz a viz changes to be made is a sensitive topic in the server, and I am certain that the staff have thought it through. I sincerely just hope to offer these points to the discussion.

tl;dr thanks for APQ but why disturb GPQ :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Apples were added to GPQ because marriage is honestly.. a mess. But not only that, it was heavy Vote2win. When we used GPQ for apples, we mentioned how they will be removed as soon APQ is added. Today is that day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Thanks for the reply! Agree with the fact that marriage is honestly a mess. However, now that apples has been added to GPQ, it’s worth assessing this implementation on its own merits. It can be much more than a fix, as was originally intended.

Firstly, GPQ requires cooperation, teamwork, and prowess to complete in a timely manner - and it rewards participants for their effort (unlike marriage). Additionally, it’s not exactly spammable on an individual basis, unlike marriages where one can intermarry with two mules. Lastly, the drop rate of apples from GPQ was already well balanced (not very frequent) and seeing the apple pop out of the box has always been pleasant to me, as a player.

To me, these are some of the factors that I identify with that makes me feel that GPQ should remain as a worthy source of apples. Do consider!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Sorry, but if we keep GPQ having apples there's really no appeal or reason to APQ. I do agree however that GPQ has not much attraction besides the skill books, and the ranking. Maybe (this is without talking about it, so thinking out-loud) we can open up possibility to add something into GPQ bonus that makes it appealing by itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Wanna add that APQ will be pretty much 100% GMS-like, other than the following changes to the couple bonus stage.

In GMS, you got sent to the 'couple stage' stage after killing Geist Balrog if you had 3 males and 3 females in the party. Since we allow same-sex marriage, we made it so that in Legends you'll always be sent there.

Of course, you still need 3 married couples in the party to actually be able to participate in the stage, but which of the three areas you get sent to with your partner is randomized. The leader handles all of this instead of each party member having to manually talk to the NPC one by one, as was the case in GMS.

Participating in the couple stage will not prevent you from being able to enter the bonus stage afterwards.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. chibisannub

chibisannub King Slime

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    indubitably, MlKE, PenIsland, cumcum
    Unworthy
    yea gpq definitely needs some more reward love if yall are gonna take apples from it. its (in my opinion) an extremely fun pq that takes more effort than the majority of the pqs out, and helps guildies get together and bond more as well. i understand the reasoning for taking the apples away, but upping the ante in the bonus round would def help its situation.

with that said im hype for apq. someone marry me pls

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    My suggestion to this is, maybe add a chair to Ergoth (something in the likes of the Skull Throne would fit very well to the GPQ theme with skulls and thrones and stuff.).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    8:29 PM
    Thief
    yes but make it to the bonus stage not the boss kill.
    i think more nice

10. PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha
    Agreed with what's been said above. As a non-marriaged individual I loved GPQ and the rewards were satisfying as well. Now with that removal, what's left is a very fun but not very rewarding PQ other then guild bragrights.

I like Dumbledore's idea of having a (non-tradeable) chair added to the bonus stage.

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    All done.

If you encounter any issues with APQ, please report it at bug reports, as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.