1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Slight adjustment to Shadower's Assassinate skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Limeoats, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Limeoats

Limeoats Red Snail

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    8:23 AM
    Limeoats
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    Hi there. I've been playing as a Shadower for a while now, and I've noticed something happening that is extremely frustrating.

The problem:
    When holding down the Dark Sight -> Assassinate macro, sometimes Assassinate's dash will randomly activate even if the key wasn't lifted at all. This is most noticeable at bosses where we are sitting there spamming the skill, like Zakum body, Scar, etc.

The reason I'm suggesting this be looked at is linked directly to the cause of it -> probably lag.

I have a feeling this happens because of slight lag causing the key press to not register quickly enough. Lag is not a game mechanic and therefore should not have such a large effect on gameplay for us. Every 10-20 assassinates, I find myself dashing directly into Zakum's body, nearly killing me, for seemingly no reason at all.

Proposed solution:
    My proposed solution has (in my opinion) very little impact on Shadowers, Assassinate, and the game in general. The dash should only activate when holding down the Left or Right arrow key after the main Assassinate attack finishes. This would allow Shadowers to basically choose when they want to dash without sudden and random dashes when neutral. I know that whenever I actually do want to dash, I'm holding down the arrow key anyway to choose the direction, so this change compliments that nicely.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for considering the change!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:23 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    not really familiar with spamming only nate but i heard that if u tap the macro key instead of holding it down, that random dash won't happen

3. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    5:23 AM
    This would be amazing if it's possible

4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I like the idea of the dash activating only when the left/right arrow key is pressed, but I'm not entirely sure if its worth implementing if there is another solution to fix the random dashes. I don't think its caused by lag, at least from my experiences. I usually dash when I either get hit in the middle of ds or when my pet autopots (at least that's what i think).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:23 PM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:23 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    kinda cool if its implementable, but aren't things like this more like combos? i.e Aran? i.e.i.e requires a later version of the client and everything else entirely? ie.ie.ie. whatever version maplestory was at on the 10th of dec 2009? ie.ie.ie.ie not possible because ML is not on that version?

personally i've only ever experienced the dash processing whenever i get a lag spike so yea. +1 to it being caused by lag.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Limeoats

Limeoats Red Snail

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    Limeoats
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    I was thinking that too, but wouldn't it be very similar to other skill changes (i.e. boomerang step in the air, extra hit on assassinate, etc?) Of course, this is me speaking without having any idea what actually goes into editing the client, but I'm hoping it's something that can be implemented.

8. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    2:23 PM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    Just brainstorming here. Maybe it would be a lot more fluid if it would be like big bang where you can tap the skill to just do a normal assassinate/hold it to do a charged assassinate and if you would hold the left or right arrow key you would dash. not having to use darksight might fix a lot of the issues of the skill also the notorious bug where you stay in darksight even if you used the macro (which is probably caused by lag).

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    I don't think it does. Holding a direction key while using nate already causes you to dash in that direction. If i get knocked into a boss, ill hold down the direction away from the boss to get back in position. The only thing that would change is having it so the final hit doesn't occur if you just use the skill without pressing down on the arrow keys. That said idk how the client, coding, and all that mumbo jumbo works either so I could just be talking out my ass.

10. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    It's an interesting idea but it contradicts the already existing way to charge nate which is being in dark sight for 4-8 seconds. Getting rid of dark sight kind of takes away from the risk and fun of the skill (since you can't pot as you're charging), and keeping the requirement for dark sight and only having it charge by holding down a button seems like a QOL change in the wrong direction for a class that already isn't spamming one button

11. OP
    OP
    Limeoats

Limeoats Red Snail

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    Limeoats
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    Agreed. My goal when thinking of a solution was to change as little as possible about the skill to keep everything balanced. The skill would still function exactly the same way, except no more neutral dash (which already doesn't make much sense, in my opinion).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:23 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    oh. i wasn't aware of that. but i just tried it and its true lmao TIL.

yea i'm keen on the final hit changing.. would be a mean little combo tho doing final attack nate->assaulter

13. OP
    OP
    Limeoats

Limeoats Red Snail

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    Limeoats
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    It seems to have something to do with using potions (or pet auto hp/mp) during the macro. I hope this can get looked into soon.

14. OP
    OP
    Limeoats

Limeoats Red Snail

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    Limeoats
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    Apparently being healed by a bishop causes this to happen very often. Can this please be looked into?