1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Slight adjustment to Shadower's Assassinate skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Limeoats, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:28 AM.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Limeoats

Limeoats Blue Snail

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    12:55 PM
    Limeoats
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    Hi there. I've been playing as a Shadower for a while now, and I've noticed something happening that is extremely frustrating.

The problem:
    When holding down the Dark Sight -> Assassinate macro, sometimes Assassinate's dash will randomly activate even if the key wasn't lifted at all. This is most noticeable at bosses where we are sitting there spamming the skill, like Zakum body, Scar, etc.

The reason I'm suggesting this be looked at is linked directly to the cause of it -> probably lag.

I have a feeling this happens because of slight lag causing the key press to not register quickly enough. Lag is not a game mechanic and therefore should not have such a large effect on gameplay for us. Every 10-20 assassinates, I find myself dashing directly into Zakum's body, nearly killing me, for seemingly no reason at all.

Proposed solution:
    My proposed solution has (in my opinion) very little impact on Shadowers, Assassinate, and the game in general. The dash should only activate when holding down the Left or Right arrow key after the main Assassinate attack finishes. This would allow Shadowers to basically choose when they want to dash without sudden and random dashes when neutral. I know that whenever I actually do want to dash, I'm holding down the arrow key anyway to choose the direction, so this change compliments that nicely.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for considering the change!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.