1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some feedback in regards to the gacha revamp

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Autoassemble, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    1:43 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    To begin this thread I will start out by saying that I as a player appreciate the newly added content as well as the bug fixes, and I feel like most if not all of the changes that were made were good ones.

To dig a bit deeper I will address the main issue that I think have been created by the new changes, as well as suggestions as to how to improve the server by fixing it.

The gacha revamp and the effects that it has had.
    I strongly believe that gacha had a much to strong influence on the market in the past, and I really like the fact that the items have been spread in such a way that the item distribution is more logical (class items are found in gacha that belongs to the home city of said class)

With that said, it does not feel like the items which are hugely desirable by the server such as pink adventurer cape, chaos scrolls, white scrolls etc have been made easier to obtain (if anything I havent seen a single person get one since the update (assuming that it is displayed in an item smega as most rare items))
    With that being the case it seems as an almost insurmountable task to even begin to strive towards perfect items.
    Another issue that has arisen from the gach revamp is also the fact that there is an even greater lack of scrolls. The fact that the main (and sometimes only) source of these scrolls are from gach paired along with the spreading of them between all the gachas has lead to a sharp decline in availability which is going towards an almost complete lack of scrolls that players need to try and improve their items.

To address this issue, I feel like the gach revamp needs to be paired with these items being released from the prison that is gacha. This goes double for scrolls which are class specific and only obtainable from gach because there is no way for players to actually obtain the scrolls that they need besides scanning the fm constantly while hoping to find singular scrolls which are going to be over priced like crazy due to the huge demand with next to no supply. Some classes already have mobs which can drop the scrolls that they need, while others are left with no options other than to wait and hope for a lucky lottery of them or another player that could sell it to them.

To address the more rare items that are only available through gach such as pink adventurer cape, chaos scrolls, white scrolls etc. I feel like these items should also be obtainable through hard work and game play. I am not saying that they need to be removed from gach, but by allowing players to work towards the better stats that these items can provide you are giving the players a reason to keep playing and spending time on the server. This sort of situation could be created in many ways, ranging from extremely rare mob drops, to boss drops or custom questlines.

• Like Like x 16
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
Not open for further replies.