1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: New 'Private' Forums

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Drakonark, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakonark

Drakonark Slime

Aug 6, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    8:00 PM
    Drakonark
    I/L Arch Mage
    Flawless
    Upon starting a new guild (Flawless), I am trying my best to keep things organized and exciting for my members. However it seems near impossible to organize events and explain guild rules using the current Maple BBS system... and its 1xx character limit >.<

It would be SOO useful to have a private forum space on THIS forum, where only people I would like (i.e. my guild or my alliance mates) can see! Please let me know if others like this idea, or if it is at all feasible!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    9:00 PM
    Just don't make a shit list kappa.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:00 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Can't you just start a conversation (PM) and add members there?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Not really fancying the idea of the private section idea. I don't see why it's needed.

Other guilds use the guild section to explain rules and host events: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/guilds.71/
    LitterBox is a good example of that.

If that's not enough, then you could maybe create something like a facebook group, discord, or something like that? Some guilds even have their own entire forum.

• Like Like x 5
  5. OP
    OP
    Drakonark

Drakonark Slime

Aug 6, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    8:00 PM
    Drakonark
    I/L Arch Mage
    Flawless
    Sounds fair! Would be a lot of work for little gain. And there are ways around it, just not ideal ones. Public forums here work, but not all of are extroverts ;) and/or don't like non-guildies being able to comment. Discord seems cool, but doesn't have the forum feel that I'm looking for. Plus (almost) everyone already has a legends forum account.. So it's easier than convincing every to sign up to a new forum that they will ultimately forget about and never check MapleF3

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's a lot of problems with this.

Yes, its actually possible to give each user separate forum permissions, but not automatic. Example, even if there were private sections, who need manage it? I can't example give 1 person the powers to remove or add people regarding permission, so I would have to do all that.

The idea is possible, but it makes it pretty impossible that I would be busy all day adding and removing people from one or other guild, and I need add a lot of sections for each guild. which is just not really a nice thing to do...

I recommend making a conversation (PM) and add everyone that you want in this 'private forum' into the conversation. Even if the PM is set already you can add more people with 'add to conversation'. The only downside is that you can't remove anyone.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    6:00 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    Im personally more for discord since it's better for both parties, but why not have guild leaders apply for a section? Give the leader permissions and have them add their guild members. Prevents random friends starting private forums too.

8. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've just told in my post how we can't give someone permissions on a forum to add members, that's not possible without giving them full access to the admin panel. And if I had to do it manual for each request I would be doing that all day in and out, just not worth it. There's like Kargo mentions free forums you can use and otherwise there's groups on skype, discord, etc...

So denying this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.