1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion]: Reward for players who complete entire monster book

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fave, Oct 19, 2020.

Do you think we should reward players who complete the entire book?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2020.
  1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

35.7%
  1. fave

fave Slime

Aug 18, 2019
    Male
    5:54 PM
    Bishop
    Hi everyone,

For those who don’t know me, my name is Fabian (ign: fave). I’ve been an avid farmer of monster book cards not only for the tier rings but also for personal collection.

I am fully appreciative of the monster book ring concept launched a couple years back - helping to bring more maplers together, understanding the maple world better, meeting new friends expanding our social circle etc., and on the practical and tangible aspects front - boost weapon/magic attack damage and reduce the need for extensive HP wash.

The requirement for a max monster book tier ring (tier 10) is 300 monster book sets comprising 1,500 cards, with 5 cards pet set. As of the time of this suggestion post, there are 96,163 players with at least 1 card on a character, and only 3 players (0.003%) out of which achieved a full book of 2,070 cards (414 sets, with 5 cards in each set) *respect and kudos to you three – Cruor, Eighty, HungryPanda*

I’m wondering if it is feasible and motivational to reward the players who went the very extra mile to complete the entire monster book with something else, maybe a tier 15 ring or something of a similar concept. Ring statistics may be improved based on how it was designed from tier 1-10. I don’t have a detailed structure on how the ring should be as of now, because I would like to first hear from the population if this suggestion is reasonable and any valuable feedback is much appreciated.

As more players achieve tier 10, which is on average, 1,500 cards – they usually do not bother about card hunting anymore as they have achieved maximum returns. Card hunting activities reach a plateau after 300 sets which is only 72% from the entire maple world monsters that they have explored.

Some monsters within those bookmarks of navy blue, indigo, black and yellow colors (higher level tier monsters) are left untouched. Players choose monsters which are easier to kill, with higher drop rates for cards and became a tactical strategy to achieve tier 10, which was not the only reason why card hunting was introduced in the first place.

With an award to reward maximum monster ring book collectors, it serves as another opportunity for those holding tier 10 rings to continue their journey and venture into monsters they used to shy away from, or even challenge bosses they never thought they could.

A disclaimer that this suggestion post is by no means in a self-interest favor. Despite being a tier 10 ring holder, I’m only at 312 sets and still more than 100 sets away from completing the book, should I wish to. If implemented, I am happy to have a more detailed discussion with designers to fine-tune this concept and I welcome any valuable and constructive comments on this initiative. I went through the rejected lists of suggestions and did not come across a similar post. If I've unfortunately missed it out, please also kindly let me know in the comments below on the reason and that would be very greatly appreciated.

Take care all, stay safe and happy mapling! <3

Regards,

Fabian (fave)

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Unless your reward for MAXed book is insane, no one is really going to grind it.
    Because at some point it is just going to be too much effort for an amount of reward. Time is better spent else where.
    But again, if your rewards is insane so people actually bothers to do it. Will it be balance?

If any case. I feel it should be more progressive leveling for the cards, instead of 300 set then next tier is all the way max.

EDIT:
    If you want people to explore more maps. Quest ring should be the way to go. MBR is already a sufficient and complete concept already.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    fave

fave Slime

Aug 18, 2019
    Male
    Bishop
    Thanks for that. Yes, a progressive tier to max may be prudent, just that I considered there must be a reason to have 10 tiers in the first place. And again, no doubt definitely we need a balance to not make the 'end game' ring way too OP, but still offering some incentive for card hunting to continue past tier 10, given there are >100 monsters/sets left untouched.

Edit: I do think quest ring is a good concept but if I'm not mistaken, it has been suggested years ago and hasn't been implemented since. Not sure what was the rationale behind that.

4. OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    11:54 AM
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    +1 on this. monster carding is still my way of maple (although im far beyond, finishing my 10th tier atm), and i'd like to continue after - If there's a goal at that end, it will be much better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    2:54 AM
    Beasee
    Shadower
    I was thinking blatant stats on top of the generous +10 all stats and 1k HP/ 500 MP might be a bit overtuned and further pour fuel onto the "hp washing optional" debate that often pops up here in the forums.

Having been inspired by the teleport cokes, what about allowing players who complete all the monster sets in a particular content redeem a free teleport ticket/rock limited to that particular continent? Might be one per week, or one per month. Something small but helps quality-of-life for those of us who like to explore the Maple World.

• Creative Creative x 2
  6. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    5:54 AM
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    Just want to give a shout out to the first player to get all the cards (naise). (This was before shanghai cards was added and he's forever stuck missing the black sheep set)

I wouldn't mind a visual change (like cosmetic ring effect) or item name change when players complete the book. Like same stats and everything, but when you item smega you have a 'different' ring :3

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    4:54 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    How about an exclusive chair to go along with the completion?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    5:54 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I’d rather something cosmetic like chair, equip, or pet instead of a stat boosting item. I think there could be some issue if more cards get added in the future though. Do previous completionists keep the rewards?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    4:54 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Then make more exclusive chairs or whatnot. Each would be a milestone of its own era.

10. OP
    OP
    fave

fave Slime

Aug 18, 2019
    Male
    Bishop
    Amazing feedback, thanks all. Great question on the additional cards, I've not thought about it as we will eventually have a finite set of cards in total with the current v62, albeit some cards are pushed out in batches. Be it a boost in ring stats or chair/nx etc., the sentiment is that something could be done for the remaining cards, unless there may be a specific reason to leave some unfinished sets lying around.

11. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    If the ring goes beyond tier 10 I would like to see some more HP/defense, but stats to stay at +10

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    6:54 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Dude you forgot Naise, she was the first one on clear monster book 100%

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    fave

fave Slime

Aug 18, 2019
    Male
    Bishop
    Yeah I took a screenshot from the monster book cards ranking page as of yesterday but kudos to the peeps who completed the book before the second wave of cards addition. Let's wait to hear if any GM has a view on this =)

14. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    gr8 idea i agree but also it shouldn’t be implemented til black sheep cards are fixed and Naise reclaims her spot as the #1 card hunter, #freenaise #aKDPhi, her glory stolen by a tragic bug and months later and she’s still not saved honestly SAD,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    3:54 AM
    Shadower
    HELLO ITS ME, IGN NAISE, WITH A LITTLE SALT.

upload_2020-10-20_10-6-5.png

can i please get a pepe hands in the chat, IGN FAVE wont even give me a pity shoutout ;_;

But if there is gonna be some kind of reward system for collecting monster book (Aside from the ring ofc), I think a more plausible answer would have rewards based on area. Finish all the mobs in [AREA], [AREA], and [AREA] and u get [ITEM].

I believe this was not implemented due to the fact that many people have finished quests too, and if it were introduced, these people would just automatically get this item (which apparently did not sit well with some GMs). So then a quest wipe would be in order, but since there's a ranking for quests, as well as LEVEL LOCKED quests, you'd be fucking people over on the rankings in this regard and blah blah and i'm too lazy to go find smth to back this up so you'll have to TRUST ME.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I agree that it should just be a cosmetic tradable reward. It's already almost mandatory to farm cards because of the sheer amount of stats the ring gives; it would suck if there was a further power gap that made it even more mandatory for people to farm cards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:54 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    For something that only 0.003% of characters have completed, it doesn't make sense to reward any stats. Untradeable chair is the best idea here. Could maybe have a design contest like for that Neo Tokyo chair a while back? Or be lazy and lift something cool from GMS. SlimeAngel

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    6:54 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I agree there should be any kind of reward even its small, ppl doesnt complete the book cause there isn't anything to get if you do such action. so no motivation. I really think if you give a reward for this very hard archvement this 0,003% will increase more and also ppl will get another thing to do in game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I think a chair would be a cool reward! :D
    Me like chairs! XD but anything would be cool too.

20. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:54 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Please, don't make accomplishing 100% of card sets, into tryharders "homework" stuffs.
    we're painful enough with 300 sets tbh (I gave up LOL won't do that till i hit lv.200)

but non-stat related reward would be cool, like chair, or somewhat like that.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1