1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Summer Event] - Additional Points

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mott, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    12:26 PM
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    So understandably, fishing was nerfed and raffle price was increased

However, this change has been a pretty sour blow to the overall enjoyment of the event. I do really appreciate all the hard work that's gone into the event though. In storyboard land the cat witch hunting and the jump quests are really fun. However they're not utilized because the cat witch hunting only gives pendants which expire and are lower stat than dep star and the jq gets you a maximum of 4 boxes, which you need 5 to redeem for a heartwarming box.

My suggestion is to give points from those two events which could be used by Kedrick in his raffle. Since the Event JQ is limited to one a day, it couldn't be a way to over abuse getting points on one char. It would be similar to PBPQ. Perhaps the cat witch thing points can also be received once a day.

Once again, I really appreciate all the hard work that went into this event. There's so much to do, but it seems underutilized and with the heavy blow to fishing, I think there's an opportunity for other aspects of the event to shine through.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. mellly

mellly Snail

Sep 6, 2019
    usemedaddy
    Bishop
    I agree~ These all seem like fun mini events but they don't tie together with the overall event which is the fishing concept. Also the rewards such as 65% overall def need to go :X

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. drewthelame

drewthelame Blue Snail

Feb 23, 2019
    Female
    2:26 PM
    drewthelame, andiooop, itblikethat
    F/P Arch Mage
    Agape
    i agree, matt for president SeemsGood

4. Dilapidate

Dilapidate Red Snail

Sep 6, 2019
    Male
    DaNextLegend / Dilapidate
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I agree that the fishing aspect of the event tends to overshadow the other parts (beanstalk, JQ, and cat witch hunting). Again I want to reiterate my appreciation for how hard the staff worked to give us this wonderful event, but it would indeed be really nice to be able to earn points in other ways instead of just fishing!

5. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    2:26 PM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    I could not agree more :)

6. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
  7. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    7:26 AM
    Witch story is too easy if you know what to do, you can literally farm the whole 5 minutes without taking a single hit and it doesnt have an entry limit. The afk part of the event is feckin annoying and how does being able to roll more times affect the economy? Its basically an event gacha with slightly less garbage.
    514917419605819393.png Pls explain.

8. iamthemgb

iamthemgb Red Snail

Jul 14, 2017
    3:26 PM
    Beginner
    I agree with the ENTIRETY of this post. +1!!!!!! DKrai for legends staff

9. OP
    OP
    Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Nerf the fishing more then? This addition would not break the event/ruin the economy. I’m trying to say that there are other aspects of the event that are completely underutilized which hours/days went into designing and programming

I’ve offered to teach people how to optimize the jq event. Why? Because i think it’s a lot of fun and is challenging. But a common response is, “are the rewards good?” And when a heartwarming box can give you a 65% def scroll after having to do the jq two times minimum, my response is “not... really”

10. Alpines

Alpines Red Snail

Nov 3, 2018
    Male
    3:26 PM
    Alpines
    Bowmaster
    Spirit
    Agreedo! Matt for Prez xD