1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Task Week: The Search for the One True Champion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ainz, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:14 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Maplers,

In a time where we are suffering from severe forum-drought and all our hearts and eyes are pointed longingly towards the horizon in anticipation of the ChristmasNewYearsValentinesAnniverary event, perhaps it is time for a new challenge.

I present to you, Taskmaster: a fierce, weekly test of knowledge, skill, and whether or not you can convince your friends to partake in strenuous activities for forum clout.

[​IMG]

Meet Tasker; Master of Challenges. Once a week, Tasker will give you a set of challenges. For the sake of participation, these challenges will be divided by level range. There will be three brackets:

- Levels 1-70
    - Levels 71-120
    - Levels 121+

Examples of challenges are collecting rare and desired items, slaying the most dangerous of monsters, rushing through scary and treacherous maps, and many more. On top of these already grueling exercises, extra limitations may be imposed. Perhaps a task may only be completed with people of the same class, or while wearing a low-level weapon.

Upon completion of your challenge, you are to provide proof of your achievement. A simple screenshot will suffice in the vast majority of cases.

Of course, the logical question that follows from all this is “Well, why would I put myself through these arduous tasks? What mystical treasure lies at the end of the road?” And to that I can only say, maybe the real treasure is the friends made along the way. Additionally, a ranking will be maintained so that the person that completed the most challenges can make it known to all of MapleLegends that they truly are the one true champion.

Ranking

Week 1 (17/01/23 - 24/01/23)
    1-70:

-
    -
    -
    71-120:
    -
    -
    -
    121+:
    -
    -
    -

As is only fitting, the first week will be revealed in the post below.

For any questions, suggestions, or otherwise friendly conversation, feel free to reach out to Ainz Ooal Gown#0252 on Discord.
    PS: Huge thanks to JafelJafel for helping me brainstorm and HiyoHiyo for proofreading~

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    The Tasks of the First Week

[​IMG]

Welcome, challengers, to your first ever Task Week.

As this is the first week, the tasks will not be as demanding. However, be warned, this period of comfort might not last…

For those of you that have yet to specialize and reach the familiar milestone of advancing to your third job, this week holds a test of agility. It is a task that has caused much frustration for some, yet is considered a breeze for more veteran adventurers. This week’s task for you consists of completing the Zakum Jump Quest. As proof, a screenshot containing the @ time command shall suffice.

The second challenge is only for those that have managed to reach level 71, but have not yet ascended to their final job at level 120. Your task will be finding a single set of Hwabi Throwing Stars, dropped by one of the following monsters: Zombie Mushmom , Blue King Goblin , Green King Goblin , Jr. Balrog , Kimera. Proof will demand a timestamped screenshot of the item still on the floor after the monster has been slain.

Finally, for the strongest challengers… Gather a party of at least four participants of the same class (subclasses may vary. Nightlords may pair with Shadowers, etc.) and defeat Papulatus. Provide proof of your accomplishment in the form of a timestamped screenshot of the boss perishing with an open party window.

I wish you all the best. May your wits be as sharp as your weapons.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:14 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I like the ideia of a weakly quest dont have sure how it can work, but its Nice Idea

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:14 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I like the ideia of a weakly quest dont have sure how it can work, but its Nice Idea

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. MainSan

MainSan Mushmom

Mar 20, 2022
    Male
    MainSan
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk
    First! All mage Papulatus run, done and done. Thanks to Shan, Matty, Ainz and Edann!<3
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  6. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    The first week comes to a stop...

[​IMG]

After a marvelous performance by MainSan and friends, the time has come to close off the first Task Week. Excellent job, so far. The rankings will be updated shortly.

As one door closes, another door opens. It is time to commence the second Task Week.

The first category of challengers (Those below level 71) will have to rely on their social skills to gather up willing companions. This week, you will be participating in any of the following party quests:
    - HPQ
    - KPQ
    - LPQ
    - EPQ
    - OPQ
    - PPQ
    - LMPQ
    This in itself provides little challenge to most. To complicate matters, these quests must be completed with a party consisting entirely of players that have the exact same level. A timestamped screenshot upon completion of the partyquest shall suffice.

As the strength of the challengers increases, so does the difficulty of the challenge. For this week, participants between levels 71 and 120 will have to show dedication and consistency, if only to rely slightly on good fortune. In order to pass this week's task, you will have to provide a screenshot (timestamped) containing at least 4 dropped Monsterbook cards. These cards can not be of any of the following mobs:
    - Snail
    - Any Orbis tower mob
    - Pinboom
    Aside from this, the cards in the screenshot are allowed to be of various different mobs. This means that it is perfectly acceptable to have 3 cards of one monster and 1 card of another monster.

Finally, for our strongest competitors..
    For this challenge, those who have surpassed level 121 are going to be running a boss I presume most of you are familiar with; Zakum. However, there is a bit of a twist with regards to party composition. When forming your party, you have a total of 10 points to spend on party members.
    What this means is that having someone of a certain level in your party will cost you a certain amount of points.
    - 191-200: 8 points
    - 181-190: 7 points
    - 171-180: 6 points
    - 161-170: 5 points
    - 151-160: 4 points
    - 141-150: 3 points
    - 131-140: 2 points
    - 121-130: 1 point

The total amount of points spent has to be less than or equal to 10. So, a legal party composition would be:
    1. Level 180 (6 points)
    2. Level 160 (4 points)

Or, you could go with as many as 10 level 130s, etc. etc.

To clarify, you're allowed to bring in the required 6 people to summon zak. Aside from that, it is allowed to participate with parties that add up to less than 10 points. So soloing is allowed.

May the maple gods give you strength and good fortune on your journey. We will tally the results exactly one week from now.

Tasker

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    hello , i'm new to server and was discouraged by the mindless grind until i saw ainz's task week. unfortunately, he seems to have abandoned it. was this because ml players fucking suck? is there no hope for completing these tasks?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    7:14 AM
    Completed task week #1 even though I'm a bit late. Did the Zak JQ on some new characters. Missed the SS on the first chat, but I completed it in around ~20min. The second one was close to the same time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  9. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Hi ainz what is the new task for this week

• Agree x 2