1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boss-Chair System - harming the community.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Oddin, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Oddin

Oddin Slime

Feb 22, 2017
    5:47 PM
    Oddin
    Beginner
    First I would like to ask one of the GMS to make an organized list of which bosses drop what chairs,that would be awesome.

But to the real topic,i feel like because of the new boss-chair system many new players find themselves struggling with killing bosses because high level players "kill steal" them for a chair drop. i'm hunting bosses for chairs aswell and everytime there's a new player trying to kill the boss i offer help (with inviting to a party) which will benefit us both. NOT all players are doing this,instead most of them are just killing and ignoring the lower-level guys. (which makes a bad impression of the community especially to a new player.)

My suggestion is: since there is a new channel (6),in the next patch make the bosses that spawn at this channel to have no chairs as a drop. i believe it will solve the problem,if its not possible we will try to think of another solution,i'm sure that we can find one as a community.

cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    10:47 PM
    Crusader
    There are already high level characters who kill steal for scrolls and equipment drops. Chairs or no chairs, I doubt it makes a huge difference.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    8:47 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Even before the chair-hunting people killed bosses for equipments and scrolls..
    I don't think there will be much of a change, and besides, the boss chair system is one of the dope ideas here on the server.

4. OP
    OP
    Oddin

Oddin Slime

Feb 22, 2017
    Oddin
    Beginner
    Obviously,im not saying disable it at all,just remove it from a certain channel to help the community. also i do agree that it happened before but i think it increased ALOT with the chairs

5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    10:47 AM
    I would still kill those certain channels that dont drop chairs as i'm passing by. o-o

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You have a problem with players that have higher DPS "stealing" your chairs, and your solution is a channel with bosses that don't drop chairs at all?

How does that help you get a chair? And how is all this hubbub about chairs harming the community?

I think it is true that many bossers can have quite an elitist attitude. Even if you come and spend your time and mesos on a boss run, unless you're the top DPS or some other class critical for supporting the run, you're a third wheel and only getting "free" stuff. I don't know how the community could even be fixed in this regard.

But I do think it would be a simple enough fix if the chairs were made tradeable.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Id camp every ch and farm chairs

8. OP
    OP
    Oddin

Oddin Slime

Feb 22, 2017
    Oddin
    Beginner
    I don't actually know how you came up with this,i said that high level players steal the bosses from NEW PLAYERS (for quest purposes) if it was stealing chairs from eachother i wouldn't bother making a thread,lmao.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:47 PM
    Moderator Post
    Trust me on this but people hunted bosses (for scrolls, items) way before these were added

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scepter

Scepter Timer

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    10:47 PM
    Sceptre
    Buccaneer
    Shinsoo
    Maybe we can include a portal somewhere in the map so that those doing the quest can kill the boss? It doesn't have to drop anything apart from whatever quest item there is. You can also limit entry to only if the quest is active.

Just a suggestion though, I'm actually perfectly fine with the way things are now. The people camping the bosses won't touch them if the map owner belongs to you (and if they do you can always report them), so it's all on you to get the spawns you want.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I was myself a boss hunter before for the equips, so the killing wouldn't get resolved.

But i agree at least on one boss. Maybe the hardest one is Manon, considering is already needed for job adv, and for entering HT, adding the chair might add some pain (at least for those who reached lvl120 and are hyped about 4th job). The rest are quite good and honestly, long ago before the chairs i had to camp bosses to get my quests done. Maybe is just a matter of time until ppl gets more chairs, who knows.

And about the drop list, some ppl still think that every boss needs to drop a chair, and that is not true, and this will lead on ppl killing everything anyway. But in the end, if you look at the names of the chairs, the drops are quite obvious sometimes, so it's staff choice to add the list if they want to, to clarify for the newst players maybe.

(i need to agree on the fact that, even adding a non-chair channel, when you start a boss rush, you purge everything anyway, so that won't help i think)

12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    This is what we need :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol, sorry, I was thinking stuff along the lines of horntail and zakum chairs. Oh, and lord pirate chairs.

I didn't know other bosses out on open maps dropped chairs as well. Anyway, yeah, people killing ALL bosses has always been an annoying occurrence here. As others have said, it's best to check @mapowner, kindly tell said high level player it's your map, then report them if they still steal the boss from you.

Still, making one channel where all appealing drops (or even mesos and exp!) just for less likelihood someone wants to KS you seems... kinda stupid. Would be best to work it out in another way.

14. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    is there a guide about hunting chairs from bosses? I can't find a relevant thread

15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Just increase the respawn times random value (10%? atm) to something like 50%-75%, stopping people from timing boss kills and giving others a fairer shot at encountering a boss.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    9:47 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    This - L>for boss-chair guide

17. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  18. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    +2

19. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    If respawn times are increased then people might farm it all day long and never leave lol

@MapOwner is the ideal solution.

20. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    I think they meant to make the respawn times more flexible, rather than making the bosses respawn more often.