1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The difference between MapleLegends and other private servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bar155, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:33 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is absolutely not the case, despite what some people might tell you.
    Leveling a ranged attacker (if you're not gonna turbo leech yourself from 65-180) takes more time than you'll need days to gather the required NX. (This does not hold if you're making a ranged attacker that can survive PB without HB, but at that point you're simply shooting yourself in the foot)

I think HiyoHiyo wrote a guide on the specific details, but I could not find it in the brief moment I spent searching.

However, here's a tl;dr to get any char to the hp to do virtually every boss while staying playable throughout and without needing to have amassed hundreds of thousands of NX beforehand:
    1-10, get as much int instantly as you can while still reaching your first job requirements (e.g. a bowman/thief needs 25 dex, so you can go full int until lvl 6 if you start with 5 dex)
    10-30: get like 50-70 int by lvl 30
    30-50: get like 100 int by lvl 50 (the char will still be perfectly playable)
    50-70: Get close to 140-160 int, depending on how comfortably your class plays earlygame with base int.
    70-130: at this point you're going to mp wash a few levels, probably 10-20 levels of fully mp washing should do the trick. The wash calculator helps tremendously with working out the specifics.
    130-150: Start converting your excess mp into hp.

Voila, you can do HT by 155-160, continue the process until 190 and you'll also be able to do PB (With HB). Your char was fully playable the entire way and you'll very rarely be stalled in terms of NX.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    2:33 PM
    There has already been several threads written about the "necessity" of washing, e.g. https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

"You can do every single boss in this server except toad/vergamot/pink bean without ever having washed a single time."

The question then becomes a question of necessity vs. optimality, which comes down to how you want to play the game as a player. For example, there are several ranged attackers who have run PB, the "end game boss" in this server, without enough HP to tank its big bang attack even with HB. It's doable for sure (to be clear these players have hp washed, just very lightly so by today's standards), but whether or not you want to prepare your character better is a matter of player choice.

3. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    12:33 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    The questions you had from the start, then replying to what you've replied after below.

Yes, but you can play however you want really. With leech or without, play how you would enjoy the game.

No, any type of NX besides Game Cash NX
    (GM event rewards for top 3, might be wrong on this.. but not all GM events reward Game Cash)

The game itself, yes very much. The community? No, not really.

This question can be tricky to answer, theres Mage leech (multi-client with mules eg. HB, SE, HS, MU.)

Yes, but it depends on how you describe washing as in full or minimal washing?
    You can get away with minimal washing just have HB with you.

It sort of 'buffs' your leeching/bossing as stated above.

-

Any warrior and a Bucc. A Mage/Bishop would have to MP wash but its managable, its not as difficult as it might seem.

4. OP
    OP
    bar155

bar155 Red Snail

Jun 28, 2021
    Male
    10:33 PM
    thanks for explaining to me guys, but its actually not what im searching for.
    spending months of voting just for that ill be able to boss is personally just too much for me.
    i dont know if its okay to ask in this forum, but do you know an old school server that doesnt requires washing with low rates?

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    But...this isn't a thing here:p As I mentioned before, you can do the voting while you level the character (hence you're not losing out on anything or having to invest any extra time)

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    All things considered it's really not too hard to get enough hp to experience all the content.

That said if you rather play on a server that doesn't have washing at all I recommend checking Gtop, I think there's a couple servers like that. They might not have the content that you would need to wash for here though haha. Good luck either way.

7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:33 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I'll always, always recommend the same jobs when this question rises.

Any warriors will fit very well. Personal choice is hero due to lack of zerk and elemental attacks, but you can pick any and you should not have much issues if u only wash alittle (300k~400k in NX)

So whats the game plan here? You can start this with 0 int gear and not suffer much damage loss. Just make sure you follow these stuffs:

1. Have 50 TOTAL int at level 50. (40 base + 13 zak helm OR 50 base OR watever combination you see fit. Highly recommend to have 40 base incase you forget to wear int gears)

2. Wash as you level up, until lvl 140 or 150.

Thats it. You should have at least 17k HP, and more likely close to 18k HP, while only spending about 400k nx (5k NX minimum from daily voting, so you should need ~80 days/of voting)

Unless you leech really, really, fast, you should be able to get these NX easily if you vote on the days you play.

Shads are usually recommended too, NX wise it should be fine but you are expected to have decent int gears if you wanna just have 40-50 base int

8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:33 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Not unless you hack the server to level your character to 155 instantly (but without also hacking your NX while you're at it for some reason). Getting to high levels take time, and when you get there (if you get there) you should have most, if not all, of the NX you need to be done with washing.

9. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    3:33 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Play paladin or hero and you can get by even if you dont wash a single time. Trust me I know

Also I never understand why leeching is such a big deal, if you dont like it just choose not to do it or buy any (not targetting OP of this thread but just in general). It's not like there is a level you hit that says "gaining exp thru self play is now impossible, please buy leech". Many people have self grinded to 4th job just fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    3:33 PM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    there is an option where you can make income out of voting, but it's not substantial.. and more so hard then not.
    some people have OWL mules where you vote on an account and sell owl service.. i mean anyone can really do this but some people are laY and just rather buy.

but you're better off making like 10 fame mules and getting an easy 1-2m a day from voting.
    that would yield you more mesos than finding someone to buy your owls..
    otherwise there is no alternative way of making money through voting as far as I know.