1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Washing-is-still-doable-Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by RegalStar, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    5:12 AM
    You actually can use invisible shot at GS2! You simply alternate between standing on 1 stair higher than the middle one (the one where clerics stand) and hitting top platform, when spawn is dead you go to 1 below the mid stair and kill bottom spawn! I believe I was able to get like 500 ~ 600k eph there, with a slightly higher damage range. Good luck and I love that you're doing this journal!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    11:12 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Invisible Shot's DPM on 3 targets barely beat out Double Shot's DPM on 1 target on this server so I really don't think it would be that good, though I suppose safespotting in GS would be more relaxing than grinding in voodoos. Not that there's really a choice for me because I look down on Invisible Shot so much that I worked on it pretty much last, so it's still at level 7 :p

Day 14

*Didn't do much today, just a couple of APQs and some time grinding in voodoos. I didn't really play much either so I haven't grinded all that much, but I don't really mind because I still need my NX to catch up.

upload_2021-7-24_0-5-22.png

Goals for tomorrow:

*Continue grinding towards level 64 so i can finally get rid of this 46 atk gun. I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach it tomorrow, but I should definitley be able reach it in two days.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Day 15

*I grinded to around halfway past 63 and got a bit bored, so I decided to knock out John Barricade's quests as a break. It turns out to be a very good decision as Finding Jack rewards a whooping 525000 exp, which is more than a third of my exp bar. So I got to level 64 finally and can upgrade in weapon. Yay. Only 1 out of 2 60%s I used on the Canon Shooter passed, but 74 atk is not bad and a far cry above what I had before.

*With the increased damage I can do, I could finally easily move on to Taipei 101, starting with Cheap Ampilfiers. The broken HP/exp ratio means that I could grind a lot faster. How much faster? Well this is what I got from EPM10:
    upload_2021-7-24_22-14-32.png

*This is about two and half time faster than what I was getting from before, so even though I didn't have much more time to grind afterwards, I was basically zipping through the experience bar. It shouldn't take too long for me to hit 3rd job at this rate.

upload_2021-7-24_22-16-10.png

Goals for tomorrow:

Continue grinding. Not sure if I can hit 67 but 66 should be easily within reach. Also I should start looking for INT gears; I'm not going to get too much because I plan on relying on MP washing a lot, but I should look at INT yellow gaia capes at least; those are usually pretty cheap (compared to other capes).

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Day 16

*Changed grinding spots to Fancy Amplifier because it is a bit faster + I don't have to deal with the annoying terrain in top row of Cheap Amplifiers. Got to around level 66.4.

*Bought a 12 INT yellow gaia cape for like 11m. It seems like a decent price anyways.

upload_2021-7-25_23-16-46.png

Goals for tomorrow:

*Keep grinding I guess?

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Day 17

*Continued to grind more. 68 now.

*Got 3 apples from APQs and some decent scrolls from gacha. I should honestly consider spending some of this pile of money on something but I can't decide on what.

upload_2021-7-26_23-4-35.png

Goals for tomorrow:

Try to reach 3rd job. Although nothing will really change significantly (thanks unbuffed burst fire), it would still be a nice goalpost to meet.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Day 18

*Well I am level 70 now, but I kinda ran out of time and didn't feel like taking the ship back and forth so I'm gonna do 3rd job advance tomorrow

upload_2021-7-28_0-13-50.png

Goals for tomorrow:

Look to see if I can buy some vital bullets, do 3rd job advance, cry because I now have to reserve SP for like 4 levels, and probably do some quests to break up the grinding monotony

7. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    This character is currently on pause because I got dragged into a Labyrinth of Touhou 2 draft a few days ago. I'll probably be done in a couple of days and come back afterwards.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    It took longer than I thought, but I'm back. I was only supposed to get to Murakumo but the team I got was surprisingly capable and I got all the way to not!demifiend. Everything beyond is giant grind walls though so I'll just take it slowly (if I decide to take myself further at all).

Day 19

*The good thing about taking an one week break is that I got enough NX to get my self some resets to get me more HP. It shouldn't take long for me to get 3300 HP that I want for the time being, and I'll be using AP resets to MP wash afterwards. Also I joined a guild event and got some apples, so I have more funds available to me (most of which I'm going to save towards getting an HTP when I get to level 120).

*I did a quest in leafre and completed Muirhat's series of exp pinatas, then did some grinding to cap off at level 71. Unfortunately my favorite FM spot for buying grilled cheese was out of stock so I couldn't take it further, though at this point I want to get some leech to turbocharge my way into finally being able to get burst fire anyways. I'll see if I can find a decent one tomorrow.

upload_2021-8-8_21-16-41.png

Goals for tomorrow:

Try to see if I can get some CD leech to get myself to 73 or 74. If not then I'll just go back to good ol' grinding I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    No screenshot because I forgot to take one.

Day 20

*I mostly just bought two hours of leech to get me to 73. They were really incompetent leechers sadly so I barely got anything above 73, but it's enough to get me to level 10 Burst Fire which finally makes the third shot worth it to use. It probably won't increase my eph much until I can sink more points at it, but at least it feels better to use?

Goals for tomorrow:

Go back to grinding so I can sink more points in Burst Fire.

10. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    5:12 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Tbh, probably a bit too late now... but... I'd argue you're best off putting off burst fire for a tad longer. It's so much slower that it messes with your grinding routine (only applies if you still use doubleshot). Might as well focus on ice spitter until 80 and then make sure you max burst by lvl90 so you can have some points in homing beacon by the time you're going to kill HH for experience.

11. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I found burst fire to be fine in grinding. The slower attack speed does take a bit of getting used to, but the increase in firepower definitely makes it worth it. The alternative I considered was maxing Flamethrower first, but there isn't really a good training place for early flamethrower (CDs still need good single-target damage to make them split), I chose to get Burst Fire first so I can derive benefit from my 3rd job SP sooner.

Day 21

*Lots of server downtime and lag today made it hard to play, so I didn't end up grinding as much as I wanted. I did at least grind up one more level, though.

*I also bought a 87 atk peacemaker basically for free (it costed 2.5m). Did some calculations beforehand and found that it will be slightly better than the canon shooter I have now, and it'll allow me to start looking for higher level equips to wear as well. I haven't decided how much base str I'll go for yet, but it should be a nice interim goal at least.

upload_2021-8-10_23-9-11.png

• Like Like x 1