1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to connect to MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Zayph, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    5:07 AM
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    Basically, whenever I launch MapleLegends.exe (under proper compatibility and admin settings), I get this error:

upload_2016-1-26_8-55-20.png

The weird thing is, it sometimes runs properly. If I do a full uninstall and reinstall, it will SOMETIMES work. I've already turned off all antivirus/firewall things, but it's weird because if I run it over and over sometimes it'll work. I'm on a wired Ethernet connection so I don't understand why the connection wouldn't be stable, as it usually has been for years on this computer. Halp :c

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:07 PM
    Moderator Post
    Check your anti virus? When my anti virus at work blocks Legends it gives that same error, since it blocks the connection completely.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    Thing is....I basically have nothing on. I've completely turned off real-time protection for Windows Defender (along with adding exceptions for the whole folder, just in case), and I have Malwarebytes but that isn't even running right now.

EDIT: I opened my Malwarebytes (note: it wasn't open, checked with Task Manager) and turned off real-time protection and added MapleLegends.exe to the exceptions (before it was just the folder), and it launched. If it happens again, I'll let you know. Thanks for the help Kim!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord

Glad to see you got it working,

in the event that this should happen again, maybe try to reset your router/modem? unplugging it for 30seconds might help.

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am an active Malwarebytes user (with premium) so really surprised now it was Malwarebytes that blocked it.

Ok! Let me know if you have further issues :)

6. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    So...just kidding. Played for a bit and then lagged out. Tried to relaunch and got the same error... so maybe it wasn't Malwarebytes.
    I restarted my router/modem and still have the same problem. It's weird how the error is so inconsistent :/

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    When you do get manage to get in game your delay is fine or is it really laggy?

8. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    It's fine, I was playing for a good bit yesterday, then would disconnect, just like now. There might be a slight delay at times, but overall it's fine.

Seems like my connection just completely dies at some point....almost as if it's getting blocked .__.

I'm pretty confident it isn't my antivirus though, since if I check my processes using Task Manager I only see Malwarebytes (well, because I opened it to turn off real-time). In my Task Bar, I see Windows Defender, but that also has its real-time turned off. My router shouldn't have any weird settings either... ahh

9. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord
  10. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    Hm...I didn't do that. I just went to the download page and downloaded the Google Drive one, ran the installer etc. Looking at that thread you linked, it seems like the file name is the same (MapleLegends19012016.exe).
    I only started yesterday :x like maybe 15-16 hours ago? I didn't have this problem at first, but then I dced and then it started happening.

11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Dutch101Dutch101 Doesn't matter, I didn't change the client from this version and old.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord
    Alright, then that would not be the problem :)

ZayphZayph may i / we ask what operating system you are using?

13. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    I'm using Windows 10.

14. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord
    Please try:

1 - Uninstalling & removing EVERYTHING (concerning MapleLegends), use a program like Ccleaner to clean your registry of any lingering files.
    2 - Opening CMD and typing: ipconfig /flushdns grfht.png

3 - Re-installing the client & setting the correct antivirus / admin / compatibility settings again.

And then running the game.

(In Win10 you can press Win+X keys to open the menu and sellect command prompt (cmd), or by searching for it in the start menu search bar)

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    Yay it worked! Hopefully it stays this way D:

Thank you very much Dutch and Kim! If anything comes up....again....then uh, you know. :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    Uhhhh guys it's doing it again. -o- I don't know what else to do. I got home and I was on for a good maybe 30 mins, and then all the monsters started walking in place and then everything froze, the usual dc. Apparently my friend also got lag but he didn't crash. Trying to launch again, aaaand my favorite error is back. Help :/

EDIT: Mm, so restarted my computer got it to launch. Maybe it will miraculously fix.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  17. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I honestly think it is your own connection acting up in some way. Have you tried calling with your internet provider? They can maybe check out if your internet is fluctuating or something. Shouldn't be though, as you said you use Ethernet, so nothing should be blocking it afaik, but still.. Worth a shot? SlimeLaugh

Personally, I just have to bump into my Ethernet cable causing me to lose my internet for a split second and Maple can DC, while everything else just keeps going. Darn Maple.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord
    If after doing all these things (correctly) you are indeed still getting the error message,
    then i am afraid it is not client-related, but simply a problem with your internet itself.

When you open other internet pages/youtube do you have solid, fast, stable internet?

19. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Yo, can you give me a screenshot of you network adapters (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections).
    Do you by any chance have the Microsoft Loopback Adapter?
    I'd like you to try having only one of your adapters active.
    Example:
    [​IMG]

20. OP
    OP
    Zayph

Zayph Mushmom

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zayph
    Hero
    Aloha
    So....sorry for failing to respond and sorta necroing this post a whole month ish. I didn't respond because it consistently worked and I was happy so was just playing a whole bunch~

Here's the current situation. So before (like kinda after the latest post on this thread), I could play for a super long time (I actually managed to stay online for like 24hrs+ at one time). The error just magically disappeared. It stayed away for a good week or two. Within the last week, the error came back. I was able to kind of pin it down to a pattern.

Basically, I'll play, and randomly I'll d/c (never when I'm afk though?). This d/c is the kind of lag where you can move but can't use abilities, and all the mobs walk in place, and going through doors makes noise but nothing happens. The game will do this for around a minute until everything freezes and it crashes. When I try to relaunch, it'll give me the same error (see OP), and essentially not stop with the error for maybe 15 minutes or so. After that, it'll launch properly and work again.

Here's the SS you wanted FreddychanyoFreddychanyo: upload_2016-2-15_20-54-46.png

Disabled my wi-fi, same error.

Also, to answer Dutch101Dutch101, yes my internet is really stable on all other games and on web browsers.

Every time it happens I try to flush my DNS, but no luck. Tried resetting router/modem as well, still same thing. I mainly use the prototype client but I've used both and the same thing happens with both consistently. I've basically just nuked Windows Defender. Usually I'll just leave and come back, and ta-da it works... MapleF3

Anyway, hope you guys can help me, this issue is suuuper annoying :c