1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Update on the GunBound discussion

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:52 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

Last week we dropped a bomb which made it clear that we were considering running a GunBound server together with MapleStory. We wrote a thread which you can view by clicking here for community feedback.

GunBound is a multiplayer game, hence we needed to make sure that there's community interest in an Old School GunBound server.

A few days later we also left a message on our facebook with a similar question. That post got 150+ likes and 220 reactions total and bunch of comments. This is the highest rated post we've ever had on a non-paid post.

We are convinced that there's community interest for GunBound.

So, we are happy to announce we have moved away from Phase 1: Concept to Phase 2: Setting It Up.

[​IMG]

Setting everything up is still done behind the scene by our wonderful phnxphnx. After everything is set up, it's on to Phase 3 which will be when our staff has access to the game. NiseNise and a friend of mine will look into the MAC side of things, we decide on what we want and don't want, etc.

We definitely have plans to run this for a long time, so we need to make careful decisions on things. However, our focus is to provide an authentic experience like in 2005.

Because it's now certain a server will be ran, we have made a new forum section which can be found by clicking here.

As you may see from there the server is called GunBound Origins: Thor's Hammer. This was the name of our project back in 2013 before it was published, and Thor's hammer is the game version used. Right now there isn’t a name I have that fits nicely for me (besides Origins), but I leave it to you guys in discussing potential names, if GunBound Origins doesn’t have a ring to it. Let your creative juices run wild! Feel free to leave comments on potential names MapleF13

We hope you can share the word further by letting people know an Old School GunBound server is coming, and we'll give a new update post when we have news to provide.

To learn more which version will be used click here

MapleLegends will continue running with no problems

~MapleLegends Administration~

• Like x 5
    • Great Work x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    9:52 AM
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    POGGERSSSSSS WE DID IT BOIS

• Like Like x 1
  3. saltyXrice

saltyXrice Slime

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Sydney, Montreal, Hong Kong
    2:52 AM
    saltyXrice
    Bowmaster
    ~
    Exciting stuff! I remember i first made my account in HK and repped their flag back in Aussieland

4. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    11:52 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    yas its bungound

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Keenan

Keenan King Slime

Jun 1, 2018
    Male
    USA
    12:52 PM
    Keenan
    Cannot WAIT for this. Gunbound was the first multiplayer computer game I played prior to GMS when Scania was the first world available. LF> This Gunbound Origins Server. <3 M A P L E L E G E N D S. I SUPPORT THIS GB SERVER~

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheFalseKing

TheFalseKing Slime

Jun 12, 2018
    Female
    Maple Island Janitor
    TheFalseKing
    Beginner
    :)
    MapleF3

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    11:52 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Currently, GunBound is a dead community as tons of clones of it has been made, all with more features. I'd hyped as hell to play the og version again but I'm not sure how long it will survive as current gunbound private servers are empty. Also, a pay2win system was semi relevant back in the day, what will be done to combat that?

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There may be two things you refer to: Avatar stats, and Power user.

Avatar stats: Like the original game there will be avatar stats off servers. Since avatar off was pretty much played by 95% of community back then, it will most likely start with just that server here as well. In avatar off only the popularity stat counts (extra gold).

Power User: Right now I have no full conclusion on this, but Power User gave 10% extra GP and I believe 15% bonus gold, as well as a shiny gold room and 'first in waiting list' This in my eyes is not pay2win in sense it makes you stronger, but it may effect the rankings. I'll give an update on this when I can. I believe in our project build we made sure that Power User rooms does not appear first in the game room listings, while keeping the gold rooms the same. We may keep this, but no comment yet.

I don't think many users back then had issues with the Power User feature.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Wilson908

Wilson908 Red Snail

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    Kenshi
    Assassin
    Please update us on when we will play this i am super duper excited. Kim you are the greatest. <3

10. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Awesome! I can't wait.

As for name...
    Why not just go with "Gunbound Legends"?

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Because its MapleLegends not MapleStory Legends. I don't really like GunBound Legends or GunLegends because it lacks telling what the server is about. For MapleLegends that's the case too. The difference is that in 2014 (when Legends was created) there were so many maplestory servers with 'classic' or 'nostalgic' in the name that we had to stand out a different way. Ironically enough also one server called OriginMS.. but let's not talk about that trainwrack.

For GunBound on the other hand there's not many servers left, and GunBound got the reputation where its completely destroyed by pay2win. That's why I personally think its a better idea to use a name that make people immediately think its an older version of the game, which I think GunBound Legends wouldn't accomplish. I guess I am also bias because GunBound Origins was our project name during the whole development.

This is all personal opinions though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    I get what you mean, Kimmy. Altho there are far so many ways to tell what the server is about besides the name. I would prefer if the name was unique. Probably the best server name was "Gunbound Classic", but that name is already taken.

Uhmm let's see. How about "Gunbound Season 0". Updates after Thor Hammer were named season 1, 2 and 3 respectively, so a season "0" would fit. It sounds like an actual name and I king of like it.
    Or maybe something along the lines of "Gunbound: Before X". Where X could be something like "updates that killed the game" or something like "P2W", altho that would be pretty on-the-nose if you ask.

Most people know what "Thor's Hammer" was in Gunbound context. But still it would be nice if we didn't include that on the name so boldly. I still stand for something like "Gunbound Season 0: The Classic Experience".

13. hongjoo

hongjoo Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    12:52 AM
    Gunbound: Ground Zero

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:52 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Holy crap did Kimberly just post a meme?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Twitch

Twitch Blue Snail

May 17, 2017
    Male
    I'm genuinely interested in this as I've never played it before but it looks interesting; Especially if it's similar to the Worms series as I'm a huge fan of their older games. Will have to keep an eye on these forums for when it comes out, might give me a chance to get involved with a new community.

As for a server name; Honestly no clue. I'm terrible with names and it doesn't help that I've never played it to begin with. If I think of anything I'll either post it or edit it into this post. :p

16. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
  17. ShaunDreclin

ShaunDreclin Blue Snail

May 13, 2018
    Male
    Deonjida
    Thief
    Personally I like the idea of carrying some of the "brand identity" of this server over by including legends in the name, either GunLegends or GunBound Legends would be great haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheFalseKing

TheFalseKing Slime

Jun 12, 2018
    Female
    Maple Island Janitor
    TheFalseKing
    Beginner
    :)
  19. HL5 Vendetta

HL5 Vendetta Orange Mushroom