1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote cash: every day online event

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kalash, Jul 17, 2021.

1. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:19 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Old EMS had some every day online events, where you just log on (and maybe gain at least 1 exp?) every day for a month and get some rewards. We could do that as a (tmp) solution for the voting issue, but then weekly.

Youll need to log onto your characters, meaning you see your friends and are more motivated to actually use the game for you vote cash.

The downside is that people will need to log on every day to maintain their vote. Maybe 6/7 days would be enough to gain the 45.5k vote nx at the end of the week.

You could also just make this a daily thing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Sorta related: I hate topg for not saying yay or nay when you vote. It just cheers you on and then doesn’t pingback sometimes, meaning you have to log onto the ml website and do the stupid captcha again to even see if your vote worked

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting

Doing this right now seems a bit odd, given that this would let people get their 6500nx/day from topG and then an additinal 45.5/week from this event?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    12:19 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    sounds good on theory but also conflicts with people's immediate needs

part 1.- person starts game, and wants to earn cash, nope gotta wait one week for dailies they might not even now
    And people might say ''oh but they still get NX'' but is not engaging for them, games gotta catch attention day one, and having to wait one week for finally afford a pet+all equips etc seems aggravating vs pet on day one and pet loot+pet hp on day 2, meso magnet+pet mp day 3 etc.

same could happen to VETERAN players as
    part 2.- You're washing any class (most likely your warrior) and 6500cash now gets you 2 washes a day, that means you can basically grind , one level per day, but if you put all NX at the end of the week that means, that, people will be without anything to do for a week and then binge all 6-7 levels in a day, before pausing,

part 3.- it just makes EVERYONE into a daily logigng in, making it extremely punishing to be unable to miss one or two days of gameplay
    at least voting on a site can be done on your phone, which can save you or from your browser, if you're particularly busy with work/studies

It seems a well intentioned idea and i hate to ''shit'' on it...
    But i don't think it can work

5. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    i meant as substitute

Hence the “you could also just make this a daily thing”. As for warrior washing, you can just level up and push your ap into hp, then wash it out later. At some point you’d have to wait for the nx anyhow, but I see your point.

I thought it was found to be an issue that people never log and just do some website stuff to gain shit in game. This solves that.

You’re actually quite polite about it, so no worries. This is good feedback.

6. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This could also simply be used as a “bonus vote nx event” of some sort, instead of gaining double cash from voting

7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    In that case you'd just be making people go through more effort to get their NX.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    You mean play the game to get in-game rewards?

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    No, I meant what I said quite literally.
    Sure, you can bring up the whole 'play the actual game to get your rewards'-deal, but that doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of people who need millions of NX spread across a (sometimes large) number of accounts.
    Not to mention those that don't have access/desire to getting in-game but would still like to keep working on their volume of NX.

I like your idea as an addition (in the form of a 2x vote replacement, perhaps) but I would personally hate to see it as a substitute for normal voting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    12:19 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I agree and im a monkey spinning.

Having it as a bonus would be very good
    Mmm... double vote cash forever.... 4 AP resets per day

11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:19 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    ML has always been the kind of server where you work to literally get almost anything. I think such a system is pretty acceptable imo, as a daily or weekly reward. The engagement for new player is will be nostalgia, and as one of the fes players who never used pets at all, I think thats fine. You can treat pets as a privilege just like the old days.

If is daily, yeah I can see that happening. But if its weekly, I think thats fine, players can take a day or two to rush all the rewards.

Also to worth noting that games like genshin/FGO uses daily rewards system too and are still going strong.

With that said tho, its still a risk. We may attract a different type of playerbase (channeling multi mage grinders to their main attackers instead), while putting-off existing players. Not sure if it is worth the risk, but i think its worth to try

12. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    1:19 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    This would need some kind of account lock too so you could only get the rewards as 1 account instead of 1 char. Otherwise you get the sweaty event farmers logging into each char to get 6x the rewards which would obviously be way too much nx over a week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    We already have that vote check for accounts. Can just use that I guess.

But yeah there needs to be a check, it’s just not that hard I imagine