1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Washing & AP Reset Requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pepper, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:13 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I saw only a portion of your Pink Bean run on stream and it was hard to watch you die over and over
    [​IMG]

Mages not included in this post because bossing mages LUL
    however, washing to a considerable HP amount is quite costly also

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:13 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    basing on this, it can go both ways though.
    I don't know the numbers now so, im just gonna randomly plug in for reference.

Say it takes 10 hours to hit farming cap for now. Maybe the next time, they can keep everything the same and decrease the droprate by 50%, and now u have to work 20 hours to hit cap coins, all while only being able to obtain 60 APRs. Will it keep everyone grinding in maps for longer duration? Yeah, there's always people in need for resets. Does this means APR becomes easier to access? No, rather it became harder.

Is that what you want? I doubt so. If anything, this makes it even more unclear imo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    5:13 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    3 APR per hour isn't bad, but when you are capped at only ~60 for the month I think it's too low. I'll easily take 3 APR per hour grinding, but I hate the ~60 APR month cap. You can't transfer APR across accounts but you can easily get 5 raffles/week on MULTIPLE characters and easily differentiate yourself from other players by putting in effort. That was my point about the low APR cap. You are shoehorning everyone into this low amount of APRs but freely giving people the chance to spam raffles on mules. Why not make the event APR tradable across any character then? I'd also argue that the 250/week cap on each category should also be removed.

If you want fewer INT to be less of a burden on your friends/guildmates, who know how much int you have & can see your lower dmg? You'll have to visit gtop100.com discount code LEGENDS for the extra APR once you hit the weekly cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Regarding raffles, I'm unable to comment much for I mostly play a single character with no intention on getting any raffles.

Just wondering, what boss are you dealing with, and how much base INT and fresh AP are you holding? Unless you are doing a 6-10 man HT or PB content, I'm sure most low-INT washing strats allows you to boss without being a burden.

5. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    3:13 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    As a high int BM I could not do decent damage or pin rav/pap until like 140+ and I could not solo archer room until 145+. I invested a lot in gear which helped me a lot. I also struggled a lot with general mob killing.

The number of ap resets that are locked this event is equivalent to a little over 2 weeks 2x voting. There were also some months that we did not have 2x voting this year. Though still a lot of people have issues with votes going through. I know these things are not guaranteed, I am just saying they are helpful in the long run. The rate to obtain apr this event is fine, I do prefer I was able to obtain a little more. The gold gacha tickets help but are very rare and inconsistent. I grinded over 4 straight hours without seeing 1, and another occasion got 3 over a 5 minute time frame.

I want to invest in this character to make her viable and able to survive in end game content. I know from my own ability I am not able to tell where I am in large party bossing maps and can easily end up taking unintended damage. I don't want to be a burden on my party by dying a lot. So I am investing in higher hp. I don't think that means I am killing other peoples party viability or that I am being over the top.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  6. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Ill make this as simple as I can because you really seem to struggle with reading:
    - No one owes you anything
    - You don't get to decide how an event is structured (thank god)
    - Bitching this hard about the APR output of an event is toxic and unappreciative

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    It's just my opinion, don't get so upset

8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I have to ask what kind of hp goal this is for. I dont have first-hand archer washing experience, but that number sounds quite ambitious. For comparison, 900 resets isnt far from the price tag needed for a 30k clean bucc (removing int and all). I believe that similar price tag is supposed to put in the order of like 18k range? If so, that's still higher than any ranged char needs to play the game successfully. Maybe I'm vastly overestimating the efficiency of ranged washing, but that level of washing is really not the number that event resets should cater towards.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    The original goal was 15k hp but I decided to go for the minimum to reach 30k with hb. I have 200 int which isn't removed yet, and I had to mp wash to get enough mp to meet that goal. I'm not saying what I am doing for my archer is required, or that anyone should follow in my footsteps. I do spend a lot of time playing my character and enjoy playing it so investing into her is good for me. I ended up overwashing my mp a bit and will be close to 20k hp. Most of my washing is stale so 16 hp a wash. A bucc fresh hp gets a lot more for their points.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    People meme about being ok to take ranged int chars but I've seen many a random team sneak-deny & refuse people over it while giving some other excuse. Not everyone wants to carry a lead anchor either, especially when they are already done removing all their int.

11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i've heard washed buccs not getting picked, and instead int lords are taken for runs, despite these buccs having higher single target dpm even with SE

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    People tend to place a high value on the class, without thinking about anything else. People have, and will continue to, recruit a lower level intlord over a high level washed paladin for zak because they read the class name and make the decision there. I'd say this holds true more so in random parties than established squads though.

• Agree Agree x 4