1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Washing NX Cost Minimizer

Discussion in 'Guides' started by beegoratto, Dec 7, 2021.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    12:27 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Calculator Link HERE

THIS GUIDE ASSUMES YOU KNOW WHAT HP/MP WASHING IS AND YOU HAVE ALREADY CALCULATED YOUR MP GOAL

What is it: This is a tool for reducing the amount of time / voting required to reach an already calculated washing goal.

If you already have an idea of how much MP you'll need to gain in order to reach your desired HP goal as well as an idea of what level you want to wash out all your INT, this tool will help you calculate how much base INT you should add and how many MP washes you should do to minimize the NX cost, and therefore voting requirement.

The NX Cost this tool will give you is ONLY THE NX COST OF BUILDING YOUR MP POOL. You will have to calculate the cost of HP washing separately (but this doesn't require finding a minimum and should be a simple calculation assuming you know how HP washing works).

1. Click "Files" in the top left
    2. In the dropdown menu, click "Make a copy"
    3. Fill in the cells with a green background
    4. Relevant information will be read out in orange cells

When trying to build a larger MP pool, most players choose an arbitrary amount of base INT that is "close enough" and MP wash if needed to hit their target goal. The more INT you have, the more efficient your MP washes are; however, the more (and better) MP washes you do, the less base INT you need. This leads to a fun phenomena where you can find a precise intersection of Base INT + MP washes for any given MP goal that will minimize the amount of NX you need to spend.

For example, I have my INT equips I used for washing listed on the sheet. If I was trying to increase my MP pool by 5,000 MP by level 155, I could go to 270 base INT and not MP wash a single time for a total cost of 824,600 NX, or I could go to 100 base INT and MP wash 254 times for 1,085,000 NX, OR I could calculate the perfect balance of the two, in this case 190 base INT with 52 MP washes for a total cost of 737,800 NX.

You'll notice that in this situation, I'm saving myself by almost 100k NX by choosing to MP wash than by not MP washing. Most players who are washing for the first time will get to a desired base INT, and leave it there until they are done, and take no other action. While this is a perfectly valid path to reaching your desired washing goals, you can instead go with a lower base INT and MP wash a few times to make up the difference and save yourself weeks of voting time.

tl;dr: YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF SOME NX BY DOING A COMBINATION OF PUMPING BASE INT + MP WASHING AND CALCULATING THE EXACT AMOUNT OF EACH REQUIRED

All calculations done according to the formulas listed here

This tool is NOT perfect. It will spit out a close approximation that for many players will be the correct value, but it may be off slightly for some players due to the following factors:
    1. This tool does not factor in MW20. I did not include it in my original calculations and am too lazy to add it now. For most players, this will lead to a recommendation to pump your base INT slightly higher than you actually need to, but usually no more than 10 and your NX costs should only vary by less than ~5,000 NX due to this. That being said, if you are worried the values are way off I would recommend you run your own calculations with MW20.
    2. This tool does not account for randomness when washing. When washing, you can gain between a certain range of numbers, with most calculators assuming the average. If you are extremely lucky or unlucky, your final numbers may look different when washing. There is nothing a calculator can do about this; this is just RNG at work.
    3. For players whose goal is the maximum amount of HP they can hit at a given level, this tool will be useless for you. You are limited by Fresh AP more than anything else; no amount of NX can change that, so there is no point calculating a minimum cost for you.
    Note that although some answers may be slightly off for some players, they will still be "close enough" to the minimum cost that you can treat them as correct.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Cool stuff, going to play around with it for a future char

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:27 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Oh dude hell yeah, the number of times I've considered doing this and realized it was way too much effort.

Great work my guy <3