1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Washing principles

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Ju, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    12:37 AM
    Warrior
    I've decided to write this guide because too many people seek clarifications on how much to wash even after having references to wash formulas, boss damage and even step by step calculations.

What it seeks to do
    1. Be the starting point for sweat-lords in understanding how the mechanism works
    2. Clarify various concepts for washing
    3. Figure out washing from a broader POV
    What this guide will not and is unable to can
    1. Be a comprehensive guide with accurate numbers
    2. Give you an actual number of APR you need to use
    3. Convince you that MapleLegends is truly washing optional
    4. This guide does not speculate and give shits about the HP challenge

I will start this guide with 3 rules(?) that I think is quite important and has many consequence. Use the following and your calculations should not go wrong
    1. Treat HP and MP as a pool of stat separate from STR-LUK
    2. Every fresh AP from level ups are precious
    3. Bloodwash occurs when there is a stat in HP/MP that is not washed out
    If you actually understood the 3 rules above, you would have noticed that point 3 and point 1 is related.

I have appended the above rules(?) to the points below so that it's easier to follow
    1. HP/MP washing. You use a fresh AP to gain much more HP/MP than you can from stale washing. After using the fresh AP, you use a APR to remove MP(most if not every single fricking time) to add it to STR-LUK. 1,2
    2. Blood washing. You'll still use fresh AP to gain HP/MP but instead of using an APR immediately after, you just noped for whatever reason. 1,2,3
    3. Stale washing. You will open up that APR and again remove MP(most if not every single fricking time) and dump it on HP(most if not every single fricking time). 1,3

If you have absorbed the 3 rules above and are familiar with the types of washing, you might be wondering what kind of numbers we're looking at. I'll use non-warriors and non-mage to illustrate how one might go through the process of washing. Pirates are fake adventurers so screw them too

You need to know the numbers before figuring what is best for your character especially for super complex cases when you realised you messed up big time. Figuring whether to continue a character is hard but honestly it's on you to determine whether you are okay with going ahead with low HP/MP and having to die or pot every second.

Fresh: 16-20HP, ({BASE INT}/10 -2) MP
    Stale: HP=16 MP=12
    APR cost: 3.1k nx
    MP Gain on leveling = rounddown({TOTAL INT}/10)

I added APR cost because I'm going to assume NX as a function of time in my calculations as well as assuming pure stale wash for HP to show what goes into making a fully washed character. Using these 4 imo is a good conservative estimate. You can be even more granular in your calculations and by all means do so by throwing in things like base HP and MP etc.

1. Either be armed with formulas or use discord bot commands. I'll use disc bot commands
    2. One APR or more if you going to actually wash lmao
    3. the 4 numbers I put above heh
    1. Open up your APR, read the HP, MP, STR-LUK along with your level. Do a bloodwash command. If you have more than 1 bloodwash you need to account this later. Let's just assume my level 120 BM with a base int of 300 has like total int of 400 on leveling. No fresh APR at the moment. The APR says 4 000 HP, 3 000 MP, 35 STR 290 DEX 300 INT 4 LUK. I find out that I have 1 blood wash from running the command

2. Run the washes command. I will account for the blood wash at this step so my true MP is 3000-12. I throw this number in and the bot tells me I have (1185 - 12)MP or 1173MP that I can use.

3. Because I want to know how much MP I need to gain in order to stale wash all of that to HP at say lvl160, I need to work out the per level gain. Here, I will keep my calculations conservative and ignore gains from leveling and focus on the ones derived from base int and MP washing/ HP washing

4. Per AP MP wash gain = 300/10 -2 =28MP. Per level MP wash gain= 28*5=140MP Per level MP wash gain + MP gain on level = 140+40= 180MP.
      considering the above MP gain, I can extrapolate how much excess MP I'll get by the time I'm 160. Religiously MP washing to lv160 from lv120 I obtain: (160-120)*180= 7200MP.
      Oh we almost forgot the excess MP we have at lvl120 so let's see how much we can play with assuming we follow through with this strat. Total MP useable at lv160: 7200+ 1173= 8373MP

5. Converting all these excess MP to juicy HP with stale wash: 8373/12*16= 11 164HP

6. If you have been following very intently here, you'd probs realise that I did not calculate the nx required so here it goes, back to step 1.

7. Step 1: we got 1 APR to account for in blood wash. this you cannot optimise and is typically left out to simplify optimisation calculations

8. Step 4: MP wash per level is 5 since you get 5 fresh stat per level. Then for 40 levels, 40*5= 200 APR

9. Step 5: Using total useable MP here, it's 8373/12 = 697.75 APR

10. Total above would then be 897.75 APR (notice I kept this as a decimal and not round it up) or 2,783.03 mil nx minus the wash out.

11. The wash out cost and blood wash cost is excluded here because they cannot be optimised and therefore not consequential because it is a cost that you must incur regardless. you can always append this fixed cost to factor for how much nx you will use in total

12. Now that you have seen the entire process, feel free to open up an excel sheet and make your calculations. Minimise nx cost for optimisation.

13. The reason why I explained it in this order is because I typically prefer to first come up with a goal(that is reasonable hence the first iteration), then set up to optimise against nx and figure a good timeline and even consider the possibility of washing out early depending on the initial goal etc.

14. Another caveat to the sweat-lords out there is that you might want to consider adding MP goals for your own characters. Some end-game warriors end up remaking a because warrior MP low. Again, you need to consider what kind of QoL you are okay with and then work on either adding base int, washing out or whatever.
    I might add more things here so feel free to throw your HP/MP washing guides under here, make suggestions or even start a forum war because I said something offensive and you took it too personally.

• Like Like x 3