1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weirdness in Taiwan Quest

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Annolis, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:35 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    1) Before I did the Tears of Eternity quest, the Quest Helper seemed to indicate that I had already completed the quest.
    2) The New Cellphone is dropped by clown monkeys, not the biker monkeys.
    3) You don't return the New Cellphone to Cassandra, you return it to Jolin Tsai.
    4) After completion, Jolin Tsai has an identity crisis and says she's Cassandra.
    5) Grammar Nazi Strikes again!! Cellphone = Cell Phone (It's two words)

Maple0015.jpg Maple0016.jpg

2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:35 AM
    Pls post these in the OCD thread haha

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    11:35 AM
    Moderator Post
    Either I screwed up the nodes or Neckson did. I will look into it.

4. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:35 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Julez, this is hardly an OCD thing. I didn't know where to go for the cell phone for quite some time before having to forfeit the quest and re-read the quest instructions given to me. After that, I went after the Biker Monkeys for a while, but it wasn't until I luckily killed a Clown Monkey that dropped the cell phone that I realized what was going on.

And on top of that, I still have no idea where to take those 3 items for the quest. The NPC it says I need to take it to doesn't exist. (That NPC is probably in the Night Market - which I don't know how to get to just yet.)

5. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    11:35 AM
    They're translation errors. The quests were translated from Chinese to English by Noods, which is pretty hard to do perfectly when you don't know all the context. I guess the GMs can check the files and see which NPCs you need to go to, to complete the quests and whatnot, to figure out the correct quest dialogues.
    Just walk to the left when you're in Ximending, and you'll eventually reach maps that looks like they're at the nighttime instead of daytime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. neukdae88

neukdae88 Red Snail

Apr 30, 2024
    Male
    5:35 AM
    Snave
    Cleric
    For clarification: this questline has cosmetic bugs but is still completable.
    - Jolin Tsai is who you accept the Tears of Eternity quest from, and who you return the cell phone to. Ignore that it says 'Cassandra' like OP said.
    - Cell phone is dropped easily from Clown Monkeys.
    - On the mini map, it does not show the quest ! or completion ? over Jolin Tsai's head. But walk over to her and you'll be able to turn it in.
    Already mentioned, the quest notification and completion is bugged as well.
    You just have talk to the right NPCs and you're good.

- The 3 quest items are returned to Jay Chou in Ximending Street 3 where you originally accepted his quest. He gives you the musical box.
    - The musical box should be given to Assistant Bi Bi in Night Market Town which can be accessed by taking the very top left portal in Ximending Street 3.
    - The questline continues in Night Market.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 3