1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

why not have (server rate suggestion)

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Anfgt, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Anfgt

Anfgt Mano

May 31, 2017
    Male
    Finland
    5:24 AM
    2x meso rates? 2x 2x 1x sounds perfect to me

2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    4:24 AM
    Beginner
    It doesnt really change anything buddy, zak helmets would just cost 80m instead of the current 40m...
    And NPC items would become too cheap..

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:24 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Because too much mesos is cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    2x drop ruins the game. Pretty simple, look at royals.

5. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    For what purpose? Only time it's a problem is when you start the server with no funding and you may struggle to afford potions. I personally stopped having issues affording potions once I got above level 20 or so, as I started getting loot that could npc for more. Potion cost kinda stopped being an issue when NLC was released.

Prices would probably just scale with the increase of mesos anyway.

Also really bad thread title

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    Because the game shouldn't be easier than old school, nostalgic maple. I'm on my 1st charachter lvl 45 and currently own around 50 mil in items and mesos. It really isnt difficult to get rich with PQs and Gacha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Anfgt

Anfgt Mano

May 31, 2017
    Male
    Finland
  8. HardSafe

HardSafe King Slime

May 11, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    HardSafe, HardMage
    Priest
    No. 1x is perfect for economy and honestly as new player I didn't have much trouble to provide myself with enough money to get me simple gear and good potions.

9. OP
    OP
    Anfgt

Anfgt Mano

May 31, 2017
    Male
    Finland
    ok what'd u gujs think if the server was 2x exp 2x drop 1x meso? not saying it should be

10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Questing would take effectively half the time in many casses. IMO that would be a shame.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  11. ionian

ionian King Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    10:24 PM
    Ionian
    Magician
    Naaa...part of the charm of Old school maple was how poor you were when you started out with your first character and were unfunded. That's something that only happens once. Once you get a high enough character, you'll have enough to fund other characters. So suck it up and work yourself up from the bottom - you'll only have to do it once if done right.

Personally, not being flush with mesos adds a level of strategy to the game that's been missing for a long time from modern Maple. I recently joined MapleLegends and I've been having so much fun - seriously, I feel like I'm finally home again. And each new challenge is a hard reminder of how difficult the original maple was, and I love every minute of it.

I'm at level 20 at the moment, and still having to make decisions about how hard I can grind versus how much in potions I can afford adds a level of frustration and strategy that I'm really enjoying, even when I'm cursing through my teeth! hahaha.

It might be a matter of perspective. If you're coming here from modern Maple where mesos seemingly fall from the sky, then the meso rate here might seem torturously slow. But for those of us who played pre-big bang, it's a fun reminder of how much strategy and compromise was involved in levelling.

I was telling my girlfriend the other day about how much fun old maple was when you had to actively make decisions instead of just mashing buttons all day. Do I take the taxi? Do I need the mesos? Can I afford the wand for the next level or should I keep the one I have? Should I just buy town return scrolls? I may need the money for potions so I think I have to walk from Ellinia to Kerning...

Lol Being broke was never so much fun.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    the rates are not gonna change fam.

• Like Like x 7