1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

People who've been here from the start quitting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Plaudible, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    3:09 PM
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    This post is so true, I've played for like 20-25 days and I'm starting to wonder what's the whole point of trying to get to level 130. After that what? haha. It's sad but this version does get boring, And will probably not keep me very long. But it's fun while it lasts I guess.

(Also I would love to have lower PQs open to higher levels. I feel like I'm getting restricted by leveling up haha)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    4:09 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    +1 to this post.

Currently the life of a 140 bowman/ 150 bishop,
    1. Boss
    2. Make tons of meso through leeching
    3. buy scrolls and make sick gear on bowman(really hard without whitescrolls)
    4. Level @ skeles

Not going to lie, I've picked up a 2nd job and play a lot less then i used too but thats ok because im waiting on ToT + more nx items :D.. but yea after 130 there isn't much to do, possibly make something to grind for or something like unique mob drops.. something to work towards. I feel if pq's are released if the exp isnt good or the rewards arent good then people will remain farming skeles/selling leech or something though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Seems like everyone has forgotten about horntail. OnionBeaten

• Like Like x 2
  4. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    1:09 PM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    Guess we will just have to be patient they are doing the best they can :)

5. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    I'm always unsure if people think 160-200 players online is bad. I think it's plenty large a community and it's hard to decipher if people are trying to imply a negative connotation of that number.OnionF6
    But on topic, once the server's stability problems are fixed, I'm sure that the staff will focus more on content creation (even though, evidently, they are, as seen in things like ToT and many others). I think right now is not the best time to quit especially with so many things ready just around the corner for us~ OnionF2

6. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    been here since open beta, not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm also level 50 though ;) lots of time before I'm at end game. I get what you're saying tho. It's not an overreaction. Don't think much is changing in the immediate future in terms of endgame tho
    My advice for right now while you wait?
    >make a new class
    >try to scroll some cool shit
    >stack money

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:09 PM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Truth being posted. As for myself, I've been less active with actual leveling and spent more time talking in guild/buddy chat instead until new content is out (gach revamp pls..). Don't underestimate this server's quality or activity, though; 160-200 players isn't a low number at all and this server offers many things that others never managed to.

8. TweedleDeem

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    Honestly just a way to get cosmetic ITCG items would make me want to play more. I feel like if we can get rare cosmetic items it'll make the game interesting because it won't effect gameplay but it will also stimulate the market and make people happy.

Would be cool if there was like rare tradable Nx clothing / effects from events...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    11:09 PM
    Reminds me of that dead old server x)
    But the idea is cool, just don't remove the cash shop lol

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's a lot of stuff we are working on lately, but we can unfortunately only focus on 1 thing at a time when I am the solo .wz editor and Navi the solo developer. The problem with v0.62 is that it lacked development. Example, v0.83 has sources with a lot of stuff working and much more documentary while v0.62 lacked so much that the server above us is going to upgrade to v0.83 because v0.62 lack so many documented packets.

While Navi is experienced enough to find these packets, it takes while because you need find the packets, research how they work, and than code them for the server. We already have a lot of things working that didn't work yet in any pre-big bang server including v0.83, but in end this still takes long time.

There's some people that want content and some people that want events. We already have plans for events, and we try mimic the way GMS did events by 100%. While this sounds great, this again needs a lot of research on packets, and a lot of other things. The way GMS did events were pretty complicated because it worked by instanced maps, scripts, commands, etc.

The conclusion to this post is to add that Navi work on his hardest to code things, but he can't focus on all requested things at once. APQ or wedding that is also requested for example takes long time because a lot, a lot need be coded, once again all researched too because any v0.62 never had GMS-like weddings or APQ, as well as engagements documented, so it need be all researched per solo.

The goal of MapleLegends is to eventually be as close as possible to what 0.62 GMS was feature wise. This means actually using all official GMS packets and no custom trickery, because we believe in high quality products, we do not wish to use any custom sloppy features that lack a lot of packets. So if Navi finish something such as APQ, it is close to if not exactly same as GMS, this is why it takes time to code it compared to custom sloppy way.

MapleLegends is not going anywhere for long time (or so that's what we want), so slowly this server has more and more to offer, as well as new places to visit in regards of my .wz edits.

EDIT: Furthermore I want to add that you should not burn yourself playing Maple. Play once in while a different game because once you burn out you probably don't want play for long time.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 15
  11. TweedleDeem

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    [QUOTE="Boop[/QUOTE]

I'm unfamiliar with other P servers, But yeah I would never want cash shop to go or anything like that. Just additional non game changing cosmetic items.

12. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    If there isn't enough end-game content, you gotta make it yourself. I have set up goals that I want to achieve (check the "Achievements" spoiler in my signature) and I will probably add more of them later. It was kinda "annoying" in the beginning because everyone out-leveled me while I was helping Mrs. Ming Ming and Maya in Henesys. But what are they gonna do when they reach 4th job after 3 weeks? Kill Zakum 500 times?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:09 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    To be completely honest, as the highest level attacker on the server i'am actually fairly content when it comes to whats available. Sure there's alot of things that would improve gameplay experience such as PQs, more cosmetic NX variety but that stuff doesnt really take priority over server stability and bug fixes (in my opinion). People are expecting stuff like ToT when its not even originally from v62? Why join v62 server expecting v83 content? I used to play EMS back in the day, grinding as 3rd job at Phantom grim watches till lvl14x....and here we have people complaining about not having "end game content".

The only issue i see is the fact that majority of players all follow the same stupid "trend" - leeching. Whether its buying or selling leech, all players do nowadays is leech leech leech.
    I understand selling and buying leech is efficient, easy and both parties benefit from doing so - it's OP as hell, it's legit so ofc people are going to do it, but what has all the leeching done to the server?

1 - People see how OP it is to sell leech and everybody is wanting to make 4th job bishops in order to leech themselves/make mesos.
    2 - Due to people only focusing on leeching, nobody is farming in other places which limits the variety of items in FM.
    3 - People selling leech have become stupidly rich doing so, this depreciates the value of meso (especially since point #2 is in play) and causes inflation of stuff like scrolls.
    4 - Players only leeching become bored, well who wouldnt if all you did was spam genesis in the same map all day? Not to mention you dont really have anything to spend your meso on...market is dead.
    5 - There is a huge lack of end game attacker classes around due to the fact that.....wait for it.............everyone has made a mage to leech lel. (Go check top 10 rankings, its a joke lol)

Rather than think about how there isnt enough end game content, people need to understand that they are limiting their own content by all doing the same crap just because its easy and efficient. There was alot less content in EMS back in the day, yet we all enjoyed ourselves because the server was genuinely alive with variety. FM was never dead, people werent all leeching each other 24/7 and when we got bored of grinding, we did other stuff together - Maplestory was an extremely social game, but on this server? I dont see that at all.

• Like Like x 23
  14. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I agree, and it's just another reason to implement this and this...

15. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Bishops are good for now, they will remain strong but... once we get more higher level attackers, that's when the attackers start making money. Given its not as much as a bishop at the moment, but later on we'll all make defo enough to sustain / make beast equips.

Bishops just make it earlier which makes them seem OP, true enough they are the all time best farmers in V62, but that's just one way of making serious cash. Attackers will have more fun making it due to bossing etc. Its all a timeline of who makes what before someone else that makes that "who" seem much, much higher at the point in time.

People will quit, people wont... To those who stay from the beginning, good on you for sticking it out till the lategame.

16. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Well thats the reason why i made that post, i know a few end game players becoming inactive purely because right now, there isnt any variety. Just bishops lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    yeah, I was just trying to put some light to it in a certain way so others don't quit, I'd love for everyone to stay :/

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    For someone who started out on the second day of Open Beta, I still enjoy it. I do take up on Kim's advice to switch up games now and then. Yes, I'm not as active as I used to be. But I'm pretty sure once ToT comes out I would be around more often. Not due to ToT being better or anything. But ToT is nostalgia for me. Haha.

I got to add. As a GM I've run into many people and finding many facets of the game I never knew about before. I think there is more then meets the eye since everybody 'knows' what the best places are. Disregarding all the other content that is out there.

Also; woooh, 100th message.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Hellcat

Hellcat Mushmom

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Kerning City
    Hellcat
    Hermit
    Ive been here since the open beta and i still enjoy this server! I'm just as addicted as back in the days xD
    For me leveling is getting harder, not because theres a lack of things to do, but because the weather is getting better ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    For me nothing has gotten old or boring, yet. I guess that's because I'm a simple person of simple needs and I thoroughly enjoyed GMS back around this version for what it was (a grind fest). But I do understand how people can see it as boring. What people need to think about it how "old" this server is. Lets look at Royal, a server that's been around for 2 year (ish?). Yes is has extra content that we do not currently have but they didn't start that way. They have a pretty large head start (time wise) over us. This server has only been open for a few months, more content will eventually come, people come here and have the expectation that we are equal to royals (content wise), quality wise I feel like we are 100 time better though ;). Before new content can even be a thought there needs to be a stable base, Navi is fixing bugs daily as well as getting report for new bugs daily. It's completely understandable to get bored in this phase of the servers life, in due time things will change.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.