1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 2007 MS NX vs Private Server NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

How much NX per vote?

1. 5K NX per vote

2. 1K NX per vote

3. 500 NX per vote with 100 and 250 NX drops from mobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    6:26 PM
    Retired legendary player
    1k nx = rip hp washing

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    5:26 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Bosses have cooldowns, mobs dont.

3. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    12:26 PM
    GodIy
    Brawler
    So, what do you suggest? A limit as to how much NX can be obtained per player from drops in a day? Would that solve everything?

4. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I suggest we keep getting 5k NX a day. I don't see the issue with it personally, but everyone has their own views buddy. :)

-- As someone who has fully HP washed a Night Lord. I feel like it went as fast as it should have.

5. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It would be more difficult, sure, but it wouldn't be impossible. HP washing was really only done by players who spent tons of money on the game, which could be classified as pay2win, since it allowed them to be better suited than free2play characters for end-game bosses, such as Zakum and Horntail. The majority of players didn't spend $300+ to HP wash in GMS, so why should the majority of players be able to HP wash on a GMS-like private server? You are playing this server for the nostalgia, right?

6. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    My real issue with 5K NX per day is that it gives players too much NX to spend for gachapon, not AP resets. Since gachapon will be getting tweaked in the future, I don't want to see people who vote every day and don't log on becoming richer by getting lucky enough to win a Chaos Scroll while I play every day and vote, but don't get any good gachapon items and don't make much money from farming.

7. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    11:26 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I mean.. unless you want to exacerbate the already unfixable gap between newfags and oldfags (many honor and bonus mesars if oldfag with farming class) this is a silly thread and idea.

Unless there are plans to wipe all mesos and items currently within the server, that is Kappa

Making items enter the market more conservatively won't help at all once you've already given a group of players ample time and power over the maplelegends factors of production as they are. It will only slowdown market velocity even further while also appreciating the average equips most legends oldfags have dramatically. On top of that, your idea will also make it easier for the farming classes to gain NX unless balanced out.

Back to the drawing board.. come up with an idea that encourages active play, encourages market velocity, has a generally equally playing field (farming problem), and shrinks inequality.. than we'll be talking.

8. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    How about limiting gachapon to 1-2 tickets a day? Gachapon has not been completely tweaked yet, so how about we reduce the amount of tickets used per day so that players who don't play the game can't milk gachapon for high profit? I feel that farming for scrolls/equips/etc items should be more profitable than gachapon because it's much more difficult. Players who sit back and milk gachapon should not make more than players who gachapon as well as farm for hours and hours. I can't stress it enough.

Also, I don't know if you read my previous post, but if players were limited to how much NX they could pick up a day, it would be pretty balanced regardless of the class.

9. Moofin

Moofin Orange Mushroom

Jul 22, 2015
    Moofin
    Shadower
    Divine
    Because we want to be able to boss with the friends we've made on the server? We all have our own reasons for wanting to play; if you think everyone here plays 100% due to pure nostalgia you are really out of touch.
    Who are you exactly to come in here and tell us how we should be enjoying the game?

• Like Like x 9
  10. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I'm not telling you how to enjoy the game. There are many ways of enjoying the server, but allowing players who aren't active to milk the gachapon system and make more profit than an active player is not fun for me.

p.s. Stay updated with the thread. My problem is not really with players spending NX on AP resets; the problem is with players spending too much NX on gachapon.

11. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I agree, we should encourage active play but that must be done with the intent of "shrinking inequality, encouraging market velocity, and with a generally equal playing field"

-Farming the most powerful scrolls/equips (the ones that currently come from gachapon) doesn't shrink inequality or come with a generally equal playing field
    -Limiting gachapon tickets to 1-2 a day doesn't shrink inequality or encourage market velocity

As for the "make people grind for a bit a day to get their 5k nx rather than just for free" ..I don't see a problem with that as long as it is limited, drops from bosses also, and doesn't have candy-esque droprates.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I'm going to be straight with you man. IF anything, getting more gachapon tickets in this server is a fucking miracle. Prices for scrolls are stupidly high at the moment, not sure if you've been here long enough to notice but.. shits changed for the worse.

But yeah, I personally am looking forward to having more scrolls. ^^

• Like Like x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Limiting gachapon tickets per day reduces the probability of players obtaining super valuable items, such as a Chaos Scroll. This, in turn, would force players to farm for equips/scrolls/etc in search of making profit instead. Gachapon should not be a spoon-feeder, especially for inactive players.

14. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Scrolls will most likely be more common once gachapon is tweaked. Also, if you were allowed an unlimited amount of gachapon tickets per day after gachapon was tweaked, the scrolls would flood the market and decrease in price drastically.

15. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    hp?

16. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    After reading through your thread I believe I have found your "issue". Being afraid that people who are not as active as you will get luckier and richer. I don't know why you would feel this way. But you have to remember that the majority of people here are "older" and are likely to have a job or is studying. So it's actually a nice thing that when you finally have time to play there are some goodies waiting for you, without having to farm for hours.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    near 6k //

5.6-5.8k required for Horntail.

18. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Yes, we know. I hate gachapon as maplelegends main source of value and have been participating in threads like this since May lobbying for a change. A change that encourages active play without giving Bishop/Archmage classes an item farming advantage, as they already have a meso farming advantage.

Your talk about decreasing supply shows that you don't even have an inkling of knowledge about the economy you're currently criticizing. Moofin and Aero are very right and would know very well, as they are examples of active players with mesos that are looking to spend them through consuming. I think that your heart is in the right place and that it is awesome that you want to encourage active play, but we are already going through a supply shock that has raised price levels dramatically.

We need more items coupled with progressive taxes to increase the velocity of the market and also increase the value of mesos.

also this!!! even if gachapon items are redistributed in a different way to encourage active play, the slot machine should probably be kept for these players. Diversification with equality in mind will attract more players while also retaining current players.. making growth happen.. das how it werks

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I'm a college student like many of the players, as well. Think about it for a second- if you were allowed an unlimited amount of tickets per day for a TWEAKED gachapon, the amount of scrolls in the market would be insane, and they would be crazy cheap. You would see hundreds of Claw ATK 60% scrolls for 200k each instead of 600k, making it almost TOO easy for higher leveled players to farm mesos from skeles/etc and create godly equips. This server was not meant to be that easy.

20. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Like I said, I'm a college student studying biology, so I have a pretty good workload.

I'll say it again, if you were allowed an unlimited amount of tickets per day for a TWEAKED gachapon, the amount of scrolls in the market would be insane, and they would be crazy cheap. You would see hundreds of Claw ATK 60% scrolls for 200k each instead of 600k, making it almost TOO easy for higher leveled players to farm mesos from skeles/etc and create godly equips. This server was not meant to be that easy.