1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 2007 MS NX vs Private Server NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

How much NX per vote?

1. 5K NX per vote

2. 1K NX per vote

3. 500 NX per vote with 100 and 250 NX drops from mobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    5:32 PM
    GodIy
    Brawler
    This what? He doesn't even understand where I'm coming from. I've played MapleRoyals for three years and stayed at level 50 because that was the gachapon level requirement. Once I got to level 50, I stopped training and only voted so I could gachapon for Chaos Scrolls and White Scrolls. I made huge profit by not doing anything, and then you guys sit around here wanting this server to be just as corrupt as MapleRoyals? Do you want lower-leveled, inactive players to become more funded than you by abusing gachapon instead of actually playing the game? I wouldn't if I was in your shoes. I quit MapleRoyals for that reason. Gaining scrolls/profit was too easy.

2. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    11:32 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    "This" because I totally agreed with Wicked (Like many others).

Since you're new here, and haven't reached level 45 yet, you don't know this. I have never heard about anyone who stopped training because they reached the Gach level requirement. Maybe that's how it is in Royals, but this is not Royals. And no, no one here wants this server to be like Royals. And luckily, it won't :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    4:32 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Trust me, they'll PQ no matter what Kappa No need to increase PQ levels, encouraging constant character creation (new or old) both increases 'muh nostalgia' and server growth.

Changes that result in a diversification of gachapon slot machine would and should only be for shrinking the inequality that has emerged because of 1. time&market play 2. gach used to be more potent and has been tweaked in a nerfing matter twice now 3. May be bad for you (unless also participating in whatever diversification farming method is eventually chosen), but it definitely would not be bad for the server.

Having a high level farming method like CWKPQ reward items it regularly wouldn't would be ok too, but I think the best bet would be to just have sought after high leveled equips and weapons. Some scrolls for the high level farming methods too. This than, would leave the 'sought after gachapon items/scrolls' market that we all love so much to the lower leveled PQ's/Farming methods.

more lower levels have items to sell > higher levels (already and in the future) have mesos to buy them with > velocity of market increases > tax use increases > inequality shrinks to manageable level > lower levels now have enough mesos to purchase some of the equips people are storing rather than selling > healthier legends for everyone

I agree, the 'over leveling' farming cap should obviously stop when the monsters levels stop increasing. I even suggested the over leveling droprate nerf only go up to level 80-100 monsters, and only if we were to be adding to the drop table.

But the reality is that a good majority of higher leveled players are already being punished right now due to market stagnation. They have mesos that they want to create items with right now, but the price levels of those items have decreased dramatically in a very short amount of time. This forces them to either wait or go ahead and purchase at a higher price. The latter normally increases the price level (eventually) for everyone.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    If so, then let them. I could easily farm the amount of a chaos in a day, so again with your lack of experience in the late game. Chaos scrolls happen only ever so often. The top attackers all chose not to gach cause they could survive without it and buy anything they need which happened to be at gach. We became the best player because we struggled. The spoon fed end up giving the money one way or another. There's no abuse here. With the exceptions of mages they traded the chance for being at the top for money that can be easily earned. If you want to complain for equality go rant about bishops. Just know that any attacker that knows what theyre doing can outclass a bishop.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    i grinded at fog for 10 levels and haven't gotten a single gfa 60. it's pure rng and luck.

6. Liprings

Liprings Mushmom

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Tonk
    Islander

Heres my Opinion on this.
    Just because many people weren't spending money on Hp-Washing. Doesn't mean people weren't spending 300+ dollars on NX back in 2007.
    I myself personally spent alot of money on nx, but considered something like HP-Washing a waste of money.
    Now that NX is free, it's a viable option for many players who never get to try something of that kind back in GMS.
    ALSO
    5k NX a day allows a new starting player to get nx gear/pet/loot tools/hair/eyes/eye color/hair color/shop in a decent amount of time.
    If this was reduced I feel as if it would push away newer players who really want to jump into the game.
    Myself creating new characters back in 2007 would buy 50k nx
    Buy hair/eyes/pet all the tools then pick up new items from paycheque to paycheque.
    The nx growth being really small doesn't feel like GMS to me, because I was 100% willing to spend the RL money on nx things I really wanted back then.

Thanks

7. Liprings

Liprings Mushmom

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Tonk
    Islander

This happened in GMS.
    Alot of players spent endless amounts of money buying Gachapon/ITCG and making huge amounts of money.
    Everyone plays the game different.

8. WhiteBean

WhiteBean Horny Mushroom

Aug 8, 2015
    Singapore
    5:32 AM
    WhiteBean
    Ranger
    Destined
    let's all stick to what we ALREADY have and be CONTENT about it.

9. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    i think i agree with 500 nx a day and nx from mobs cause anyone can just not play for 1 week or so and have a profit. or if u start moving to a new place youd be rich just by going onto a website and sovling a lil puzzle. i think u should earn it by playing. but i think they should prolly drop a lil more nx

10. Duplex

Duplex Blue Snail

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Nigga pleeeeaase. If you want it to be like olden times there'd be no such thing as voting, you'd have to pay for it. If you don't want nx don't vote.

If anything they should make it so if you donate you can use donator nx for everything in cash shop. Now THAT's old MS

11. Murano

Murano Mushmom

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    Murano
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I'm one of the most ignorant people when it comes to knowledge on everything on this server, and even I can see the problems with your idea, but your reasoning seems okay i guess :p, the GM's won't screw the server up lol, they know what they're doing :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Darkra

Darkra Slime

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Francis
    Warrior
    Senpai
    Personally I don't mind the lower NX per vote and for monster kills (under 1k). Nothing wrong with making something a little harder to get, yet not impossible. It just takes a little patience and persistence. Plus, once a person makes enough NX cash, it takes away the motivation to vote. We want to keep those votes coming.

13. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    11:32 PM
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I think that this is also a problem with how the prices of cash items are balanced.
    With the 10k from two votes, you can buy a pet and a meso magnet and an item pouch which seems way too cheap.
    But if it was dropped to 1k per vote, changing your nx outfit from time to time would become a huge cost. Even if you change it only once per month it would probably cost you half the nx you got from voting.

So maybe we should just raise the price of gameplay cash items while keeping the rate as it is?

• Like Like x 1