1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 2007 MS NX vs Private Server NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

How much NX per vote?

1. 5K NX per vote

2. 1K NX per vote

3. 500 NX per vote with 100 and 250 NX drops from mobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    10:25 AM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I don't know why you think "tweaking" gach will make scrolls crazy cheap. The gms are tweaking it to become balanced, not overpowered. As Tom beautifully stated: "they arent dumbass" NatteHondNatteHond

I should think about it huh? You would never be able to get unlimited tickets per day, cause there's a limit on the nx you get per day. That's how it's always been.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    How about we wait for gacha to get tweaked before assuming 7/10 tickets will give you scrolls. Like I joined this server about a month ago and I clearly saw fm go to shit..Limiting gacha tickets is not gonna make that any better even with tweaked rates.

3. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    5:25 AM
    GodIy
    Brawler
    We'll have to see. At this rate, with all the crying going on in regards to gachapon, I wouldn't be surprised if they made Chaos Scrolls pretty easy to obtain.

In terms of obtaining scrolls, farming them from mobs should be your best bet at getting them, not gachapon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I'm only saying this because players keep crying and crying about it. After gachapon gets changed AGAIN, I would not be surprised in the slightest if players continued to cry.

You have to realize that if gachapon becomes TOO tweaked with a good % chance of obtaining certain scrolls with unlimited ticket use per day, there won't be any turning back. The game will be too easy and it won't be an easy fix.

5. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    4:25 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Yes, it should not be easy. But, this server has been running for over 6 months at varying points of gacha potency. Gachapon staying like it currently is will have the price level supply shock of existing items and finished equip last for months. If we instated you as 'Economic Policy Man' and used all the ideas in this thread it would most likely take years. On top of that, inequality would grow even more due to OP farming classes being OP.

You are talking as if they have a clean slate to work with. They don't.

A gach/equip 'threshold/eziness level' has already been set, tweaked, than tweaked again.. it already won't be an easy fix, you are just making suggestions that won't help fix it but actually exacerbate it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Nikki, I don't think I'm getting through your head...

I'm gonna say it once and I'm not gonna say it again- I'm tired of repeating myself. If anything should be tweaked, it should be the drop rate of scrolls from mobs/bosses, NOT gachapon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    I think we all understands what you mean. We just don't agree. As Nikki said:

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Alright, well time will tell, right? I doubt you guys are right, but okay.

p.s. I said mobs and bosses would drop scrolls. Bosses could drop more scrolls to compensate for the unbalanced farming...

9. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Am srry, u jst can't get through my thick skull MapleF4MapleF4MapleF4 i wish i culd fathom the vast amount of critical thinking and knowledge of the situation making suggestons on econommic polecy takes in da way u can. kaysimon is tha hero legends deserve

Farming.. classes.. vs.. bossing.. classes.. isn't.. the.. only.. problem.

Farming.. classes.. also.. kill.. exponentially.. more.. monsters.. to.. level.. than.. low.. level.. players.. do.. and.. also.. already.. have.. a.. huge.. economic.. advantage.. due.. to.. time,.. market.. play,.. and.. previous.. gachapon.. potency..

Let me know if I need to go slower or spell it out in a different way.

10. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Where did leveling come from? Farming classes leveling faster is a different topic. I'm not sure I get what you're saying cause English is obviously not your mother-tongue...

11. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I am explaining to you why your idea (about all sellable scrolls and equips dropping from monsters and only monsters) won't work from an economic standpoint. A vast inequality already exists because higher leveled monsters drop more mesos, npcable items, AND they also have to kill more monsters per level than lower levels. Higher levels already dominate mesos/equips/scrolls, and your implementations would allow further domination. One of the main reasons the market is in a semi-standstill right now is BECAUSE of that.

I get that you would rather diversify value gain through the implementation of a method of obtaining items that isn't a daily slot machine. I would like that, too. I think that having 25-50/200 lower leveled characters with purchasing power would create a more stable economy than 1/200 (the person who got a chaos scroll) low levelers having purchasing power. But we have to think of a way to do this that will not end in the farming class being able to farm items/scrolls. TRUST ME, THEY WILL DO IT BETTER THAN YOU.

Offtopic but to respond: the level of english you're using hasn't even brushed above high school levels this entire thread.. so..

• Like Like x 1
  12. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    what is this

• Like Like x 12
  13. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    How many times do I have to say it? They can increase drop rates of bosses. Farming classes are pretty much just Mages, and they're only OP farmers at 4th job. And at lower levels, mages do not always kill more monsters. Low level mages are not OP farmers... A warrior with Slash Blast and any pirate can farm just as well at lower levels. As far as I know, they all have 6 monster mob skills.

Sure, some classes are worse at mobbing at lower levels, such as Bandits/Assassins, as well as Archers simply cause they need space to fire their bows. However, in order to compensate for their lack of mobbing at lower levels, bosses can have an increased drop rate. There are plenty of low level bosses...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  14. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    Some new guy trying to lose half the player base MapleF11

15. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I'm trying to lose half the playerbase by not wanting this game to become as easy as MapleRoyals? I quit MapleRoyals for a challenge. You guys want to sit back and gain scrolls the easy way by gathering up tons of NX for gachapon. You're playing a low-rate, v62 server; why are you playing a server that's meant to be challenging if you can't handle farming for equips/scrolls/etc?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moofin

Moofin Orange Mushroom

Jul 22, 2015
    Moofin
    Shadower
    Divine
    For real though, lets nerf pong.

17. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    The amount of NX gained per day is limited, but not the amount of gachapon tickets you can use in one day. Read carefully.

18. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    Oh yeah, I forgot you don't need nx to buy gach tickets ;)

Don't worry. It won't be.
    Also, you talk an awful lot like you know what the server is meant for and everything. I have never said I don't want to farm.

19. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    9:25 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    The thing about this is

A lot, I even had a guy who just gave me free NX codes and gifted me so much shit, he told me he used the phones @ stores LOL.

A load of the scrolls/equips from Gachapon you aren't able to farm.

PACs, PGCs, PUACs, PUGCs, DKhans, Khanjars, etec.e.c.e.ec.e.

Sure, they can.

However, you can also farm mesos while you're online, and be sure that someone farming will make more mesos than someone just gachaing. You can milk gachapon even if you log onto the game and play.

Getting 1k NX per day with such a small player base will just mean mesos will rise through the roof, with nothing to spend mesos on (other than scrolls which would be scarcer than bottled water in North-Africa) since there would be literally 2/3 scrolls.

I've seen hardly any scrolls since the revamp, now image if the amount of gacha tickets used was cut into 1/5th of the amount.

That's right. We'd see stuff going to a shit ton more mesos than right now, the gap between the rich and the poor will get larger and larger as people constantly farm more mesos to buy that one item they need, then people will be unwilling to let go of their precious 1 gacha ticket scroll they lucked out on and put it up for an insanely huge price.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Dude.. its not about the comparison between effectiveness at lower levels, its about a comparison of the farming effectiveness between Bishops/Archmages 120+ vs EVERY OTHER CLASS AT EVERY OTHER LEVEL

If the endgames of a couple specific classes are better at farming things that can be sold for ingame currency, they will always have a huge item/meso advantage no matter what class character they create.

Bossing drop buff will not solve this, as you can farm monsters indefinitely whereas bosses are on a timer. Timers can be tracked. This will give the players who have more time on their hands complete control over the items bosses give.

• Like Like x 1