1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wizard [F/P] Skills

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by mouse123, Apr 18, 2017.

1. mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    2:45 AM
    Dark Knight
    I see no passive skills that aren't temporary (such as Improved MaxMP Increase - which affects my character in the long run), so I'm not worried about missing out on anything like that. Which is kind of great!

What should I max out, and in what order? What is the most useful, the most useless, etc. especially taking the next skills for future job advancements into consideration.

I'm lvl 30 and just got my second job as a F/P Wizard, and this is my first time playing one! So I'm pretty lost on what to do. I just want the best possible F/P Wizard, whatever that means.

What do you think?

2. Luxray

Luxray Red Snail

Apr 12, 2017
    Male
    10:45 AM
    Luxray
  3. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    4:45 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    Thanks for linking to my guide! I put a bit of work and time into it, and I'm happy to be appreciated!

I would recommend neither a poison or fire build, but a HYBRID. That way you get the best of both worlds and the full F/P EXPERIENCE!

1) 1 point into tele (which helps out for LPQ already)
    2) All points into fire arrow, which helps you dish out the dmg for training / LPQ (impress with those big numbers!)
    3) All points into poison brace, so you can get the crazy 5%+/min kinda training at death teddies at lv55
    4) All points into MP eater, to save pot money and steal back some mp from the death teddies
    5) Slow to slow mobs and bosses for lols

PS: I regret maxing meditation instead of mp eater... I don't use it, I use those nice +20 magic pots from nlc. No cast time!

Oh, and thanks to your interest, I might update my guide!

• Like Like x 5
  4. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I agree, hybrid is the best way. You will have to leave one of the skills unmaxed, this can be either meditation, slow or mp eater. Meditation can be left easily, since nlc wizard potions exist. Slow can be left if you dont have ideas to do bosses (bigfoot and 2nd body papulatus can be slowed down), or dont mind making monsters walk in snail speed. Mp eater isnt that neccesary, but still a pot saver. I would recommend leaving meditation untouched.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    Your
    Yeah, I was thinking about leaving Meditation untouched, especially since nearly everyone agrees it's kind of a waste of skill points

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You probably could get away without meditation, but then again, it's also a party buff (basically only really applies to clerics or other wizards who use this "trick") and NLC pots not only cost you money, but they also take up inventory space and it means more trips to NLC. Mule or not it's annoying.

Poison brace on the other hand isn't too great of a skill in my opinion. Sure you can try to power level with it, and it will cost you dearly in terms of safety charms and mesos, but you can use it to try and level up as fast as humanly possible.

OR, you could look maybe at 3rd and 4th job.. and in the long run, poison brace is just inferior to everything.

---

Slow is a really cool skill. It has helped with bossing tremendously, even saves you mesos with grinding if you use it wisely.

But I guess it's up to you. If you're the kind of person that would just rather spam your attacks and tank hits while potting, slow would be a waste of time if you never plan to boss much.

---

TLDR: At 4th job, I'm still using all my passive and supportive skills. But poison brace I'd pretty much never use now. I know this because instead I maxed element composition, which is similar to that skill except it's way better. And I still don't even use THAT.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    What's this element composition skill you speak of? KEKE

True. Poison Brace gets completely replaced by Poison Mist in 3rd job, but I don't really mind! I don't use magic claw or fire arrow anymore either.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well if your play style isn't METEORMETEORMETEORMETEOR you might!

Still using energy bolt to finish off nearly dead mobs and fire arrow sometimes cause... FIRE DEMON REMOVES THE FIRE WEAKNESS DAMNIT!

edit: just realized that with paralyze maxed, I actually haven't used fire arrow much. xD

Well we had a good run. RIP fire arrow: 33 - 140

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  9. dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    And what`s more, the damage of fire arrow is the same of Explosion and Fire demon when maxed... I agree that fire weaknes removal when using fire demon is making the skill less useful in times. I hope something can be doen about the skill

10. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    WHAT IS THIS.... WHAT. IS. THIS.

I totally forgot about this. No wonder I don't use Fire Demon. Maybe time to bring back Fire Arrow LOL.
    Speaking of which, I rarely use Explosion after I got Meteor either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Explosion is useless because it has a really slow attack speed