1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapOwner Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ApplePie, Jun 22, 2017.

1. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    9:07 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    @mapowner
    by: ApplePie

Introduction
    Hi, it's me, the map stealer. From messing up training schedules, bossing timers, and causing unnecessary drama over map ownership... and here's how I do it! MapleLegends implemented a map owner system to prevent KS wars (#nostalgia) so normies would feel safe in the maps they grabbed with their grubby fingers.

How does it work?
    When you kill a monster in a map, you attain map owner status and keep it for at least the next 5 minutes. When you leave the map (Cash shop, Free Market, Disconnect), you lose map owner status. If you don't kill a monster within 5 minutes, you also lose map owner status.

It is then passed to the next player who is currently attacking the map. For example, let's say I'm in a party with kaat, and I have map owner. I DC, she's still attacking, she gets map owner. You can check the status by typing @mapowner and seeing the popup message.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What does this mean?
    If someone else has map owner, you cannot attack in the same map as them without their permission. If you don't trust them entirely, get a screenshot of their verbal permission. Say you're hunting for a boss, and you have map owner, the visitor is required to leave the boss alone, as you have the right to report them for kill stealing. When the 10 minutes are up while the current map owner is afking, the map becomes stealable even if it still has their ign as map owner.
    [​IMG]

Tricks

1) If you see me use magic armor in your map, I'm not doing it because I need that buff, I'm checking for map owner without typing it. Sneaky sneaky... You can put commands in your macros, so that whenever you use the skill, it enters the command. It is not visible to other players!

[​IMG]

2) Whenever you enter a desired map, make sure to attack a monster, any monster, to get that special map owner status!

3) If someone is in there already, check map owner, as sometimes they're in the map, and they don't have map owner themselves. Now grab the map!

4) If you are super desperate and they have map owner, remember their name and current time, and check back in ~10 minutes, and try to secretly attack a monster if you think they're afk.

Patience is key! And remember to have fun!

Notes
    Feedback is welcome!

Guide written in remembrance of Firion / Cecil who backstabbed a guildie using map owner and almost got me banned for it. Nice. OR NOT NICE.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    2:07 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    nothing better than some backstabbing friends when it comes to mapownership :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1