1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician MP Washing Guide [Quick, Mage]

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by ApplePie, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    4:16 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    Quick MP Washing Guide (for mages)
    by: ApplePie

Introduction
    Hello friends, it's me again! ApplePie! I currently feel like procrastinating so I wrote this guide. (And also because I don't see it on the guide list) This is from a mage's point of view (POV), reader discretion is advised.

But... why? (insert: ryanreynolds.gif)
    1) If you find yourself out of breath all the time, and need more MP to cast skills.
    2) Mages: more MP means you can tank more hits with magic guard + at 4th job, you can cast more Ultimates before you pot up = saves pots. Using your ultimate eats up lots of MP, leaving you vulnerable to attacks.
    Arch mages especially "need" MP washing, as we have a skill in 3rd job that doubles MP usage for 1.5x (?) the magic skill power. That means for a level 20 Ultimate in 4th job (like Meteor or Blizzard), you'll use up a whopping 8,000 MP per cast. That's like, 80% of your MP at level 12x without MP washing.

TL;DR: MP washing is for the elite who want to up their game and save pot money

What do I do?
    1) After every level, add all 5 AP points into your MP.
    • remember to wear as many INT equips as you can when you level AND when you add the 5 AP points into MP. The more INT equips you have on, the more INT you put in.
    2) Buy 5 AP resets and take all 5 AP points out of MP and into your desired stat.
    • In Maple Legends, the AP reset says that it takes away 90+ mp per reset, but if you do the math, it actually only removes 30 mp per AP reset.
    "Um ApplePie, That does not logically make sense, what do you mean when you say put points in MP and take it back out? Isn't that counter intuitive?"
    ONLY USE FRESH AP FROM LEVELING, DON'T ADD IN MP FROM AP RESETS!

When do I start?
    Whenever you want, preferably when you can afford to. I personally started when I was at about level 130 and I currently have about 25,500 MP at level 161 (includes MP equips), whereas another unwashed arch mage at lv163 has about 14,000MP. A good time might be lv120, as you'll have much more base INT to work with.

Notes
    Credits go to CHIHAYA for introducing me to this concept.
    Thanks to LionheartLionheart for the clarifications!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.