1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mole

mole Slime

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    PST
    11:41 AM
    moie
    Cleric
    Thots
    If you did a full AP reset / SP reset for 30knx, I'd get it... donor or vote :(

2. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    4:41 AM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    gtfo with your BM. f3

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ReeseJChang

ReeseJChang King Slime

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    1:41 PM
    Zetto
    Buccaneer
    Amity
    Having it as a reward in some way feels like its just making it easier in some way as well in my opinion. Unless its implemented in a way that it cannot be mass-hunted, mob.
    As for quest it sounds reason for it be a 24 hour rate quest with mediocre demands for quest items.

4. Granberg

Granberg The one and only

May 13, 2015
    Male
    8:41 PM
    Granberg
    Ranger
    Quest
    Ohhh fuck no!
    Keep satans work aka JQ out of this.
    If anything it should be a quest at all, this would again limit the dedicated players, getting ap reset from NX or a daily quest is the same thing in my mind, both are time barriers holding players back.
    I say add it as Gachapon (Hunting) was added, this way the players that are dedicated won't feel like they are being hold back.
    There is nothing worse than being hold back by a time barrier.
    Also since they are untradeable, they won't hurt the economy.
    I feel like if a players puts more time into the server, he/she should also get more rewarded.

:pinkbean:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    2:41 PM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    it's a compromise. giving newer players a chance to obtain ap resets faster if they choose to do so

6. Sigh

Sigh Red Snail

May 8, 2017
    Female
    Sigh
    N/A
    I would never finish a jump quest unless it's a pet park one, and a lot of others struggle with jqs like myself. wackomush

7. ReeseJChang

ReeseJChang King Slime

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    Zetto
    Buccaneer
    Amity
    So in a sense less easier than the new price for AP resets, but in this way. Only as an option to be easier if you want to?

8. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    if it were up to me i'd leave it as is. this sort of change should either be implemented at the beginning of the server or not at all.

however, you're right. this is basically a "new price" except you have to play the game if you want it.

9. Hypro

Hypro Blue Snail

Jan 22, 2017
    Male
    Hypro
    Thief
    Beholden
    I think if there is a quest to get daily ap resets it shouldn't be a jump quest. Jump quests are kind of overused in my opinion. I think having a NPC give a quest to collect 100-500 of an ETC. item would be better. And the ETC. item could be a random select everyday, so you won't get the same item over and over. For example it could be 500 skeleton soldier ETC. drops(The ones in perion) on monday, and tuesday it could be 200 green snail shells. wednesday it could be 300 skelegon bones. This would force players to level up more, travel more, explore different maps and different monsters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ReeseJChang

ReeseJChang King Slime

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    Zetto
    Buccaneer
    Amity
    Yeah I am not disagreeing with what you said, making it a reward somehow would be nice and rewarding for those who actually put the time into it. I do think as well to just keep things the way it was. People are hard to satisfied. :( I expect and welcome any changes as a player who has been here for two months anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    EveryoneEveryone, I hate and suck at jump quests too, lol. But that would be the easiest way for all levels to participate. Otherwise I'm guessing it'd be some pretty serious coding to make the quest give a fair opportunity to players of all levels. But yeah I rage at jump quests.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    yeah if i was new i would welcome the shit out of these changes. it doesn't change the fact that it's shortsighted as fuck and a lazy solution

13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    also it's great that someone who isn't even on staff anymore is being scapegoated instead of working towards a solution @ shoutbox

• Like Like x 1
  14. WonderKing

WonderKing Mano

Apr 14, 2015
    Cleric
    I loved that HP washing took a whole lot of patience here. It wasn't as spoonfed as other places. I also think it was the reason I saw more regular builds, which is something I really like to see. Not a fan of the v62 meta, but looks like we are going deeper into it. Was fun while it lasted.

15. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    7:41 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I'd like to point out that the people who have a problem with the changes are the oldschool players, there is by far more of your new Facebook AD players.
    This poll will just give you a sense of validation to go through with the change.
    KimberlyKimberly PoofcakesPoofcakes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Well duh. Why would an older player be glad after server has been up for over 2 years and why would a new player be mad that they joined right when this was added?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Shlainn

Shlainn Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    2:41 AM
    Before I embarked on my journey on this server 2 weeks ago, I sorta understood that it won't be as easy & straightforward as the others I had on those private servers which I had played on. But the notion of a new challenged intrigued me greatly so I decided to give it a go. It sure as hell was harder compared to other servers & still is, but so much more rewarding. I understand that the current system is making our respective journeys to the top a long & painful one. As the saying goes "Good things are worth the wait", so shouldn't we try to tough it out? Wouldn't the ending be more rewarding if we could do it? If others before us could do it, then I don't see why can't we. This is just my personal opinion, I am sure others are bound to have their own personal perspective on this situation as well & there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. StarOracle

StarOracle Mano

Jun 30, 2015
    Male
    Silence
    Fighter
    I see 2 reasons why this change would be proposed:
    1) AP Resets were too expensive in the first place (It's been mentioned the act of HP Washing is tedious, and while I agree it should have been done a while back the feeling still remains)
    2) The Server is increasing in population, potentially coming from "easier" servers and we want to make them happy/have a better experience.

I'm also curious what the point of this change is, is it:
    1) To remove the tedium and time restriction surrounding HP Washing (it will be important later to evaluate how much washing is considered tedious)
    2) To allow players to spend less NX on AP Resets so they can spend the NX on other things.

People in the threads have been talking about how many washes NLs need to HT at low levels, but NLs aren't the only classes who wash. They require the most, so they'll probably still commit most of their NX to washing, while the other classes will end up with NX left over. This extra NX is probably going to go to more gacha. With the increased population, market prices have dipped. Then when Kim gave us compensation NX for the server issues (ty again for this Kim) the market took a huge dip. This huge dip is going to recover because those scrolls will get used up and the supply will normalize. Decreasing the AP Reset prices, especially a dramatic decrease, will just be funneling more gacha into the players who are washing but don't have to dedicate all NX to washing. This is going to drop the market even further and negate the argument of "You need to obtain INT gear to level" as INT gear prices will be cheap.

I'm worried that #2 is happening, while believing that #1 is the point of the change.

As others have stated, HP washing is not a requirement for anything in Maple Legends. It allows you to complete content at a sooner level, and with more safety. I believe HP Washing should remain a choice for players, and a sacrifice if it's what they decide to do.

I would propose an alternate option of "Allowing AP Resets to drop at the rate of Hunting Gacha". I believe this would allow players who are actively playing (not leeching) to have an increased inflow of AP Resets (but at a small rate as I'm actually happy with the rarity of Hunting Gacha) while doing the activity they should be doing most, leveling. Giving AP Resets as part of a quest means players have to sacrifice leveling and XP in order to get these and that isn't the behavior a player should be considering. With this, keep the prices of Resets in the store the same.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Friender

Friender Blue Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    HP washing seems to be a meta strategy that like every single class (besides mages) in the game needs to do to be effective at bossing. In old Maplestory this meant pay to win. In Legends it is "Wait to win" because you have to vote every day. If everyone is going to need to HP wash, why not just make the process more simple, either reduce the price or make them easily obtainable in game. The only thing preventing you from making an optimal character shouldn't be real life money or time. I suggest even more extreme changes than the poll suggests. Why make it a daily quest? Why do the admins want people to wait to aquire enough AP resets to HP wash?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    3:41 AM
    Just my two cents butttttt change is always gonna happen, especially as a server gets bigger. The older players already got to enjoy their time of boss runs/fame/glory/whatever up until now, selling leeches/boss run stuff etc., and implementing this change won't change anything other than the fact that the newer players can also now join in on these HP washed/end-game privileges. If what they're complaining about is getting compensation for suffering (time/vote cash) through the tedious HP washing process then they should be giving constructive/criticism on how to compensate them rather than trying to make the newer players suffer the same pain they wish they would have had the luxury to. Rather than thinking of yourselves why don't some people try to think of what's better for the future of the server and how we'll be able to maintain it/have more people enjoy it rather than having all the new players kill themselves in the process.

And face it, most of you already run your fair share in the economy or have a big influence in market prices, boss runs, spawn timers whatever, and have OP enough gear to enjoy the end game. Hell fucking yeah I give props and admire everyone who suffered and was dedicated enough to sit through all of this with their sweat and blood but really, asks yourselves if this change were to have been implemented during your mid-game/early stages, would you have not liked it?

tldr; Why not search for a method of you guys would be satisfied being compensated with *FOR YOUR TIME, ETC ETC.* rather than hate on staff and shit on newer players for wanting the game to be a little easier to enjoy? For those saying the whole experience of an "old schooled" server is the "hardships", I'm guessing you wouldn't mind if AP resets were just like old school gms and all Donor/RL money bought? Since you want old school experience. You have to realize VOTE CASH is a luxury.

Anyways, if this change were to be implemented beit cheaper or not, even older players would get the benefit of it if they were to create a new character.
    And for people worried about getting rejected cause their class(es) won't be needed anymore in boss runs anymore, you have bad frens throw them awei

but hey what do i know im just here for pretty cash items :pinkbean:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1