1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    3:53 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    from what i understand, they believe legends was meant to have a slow painful process of hp washing. and this is part of the 'essence' of legends, i.e. v0.62. so the problems isnt whos right, or whos wrong, its a difference of opinion. i guess, originally, that was the essence' of legends. but i think things change, like paladins getting buffed. to me it seems there not open to change, and the newer players are being accused of being 'lazy'. and to me, it seems they want everyone to experience what they did, but supposedly claim that its not because they want us to suffer, but because this is how things are. so im still waiting on clarification, if this is what they truly want
    but ultimately the changes are not decided by us, we only give feedback. so yeah

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:53 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Franco is my brother and I know him, he is a salty, toxic and flamming bitch. He just sucks at arguing because he gets angry the second someone constantly disagrees with him, but that doesn't make all of us like that, does it?

• Like Like x 5
  3. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    lol. i was kinda getting that sense, when he called others 'lazy'.
    but sucre you seem genuine to open discussion. respond to the post above, im still trying to understand the grievances of older players

4. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    9:53 AM
    HailSatan
    Magician
    I'm glad you're honest about it. A lot of the so called 'elites' are liking and agreeing with many of his "less diplomatic" comments even though they aren't bold enough like Franco to express it themselves. To me that suggests that there is a general feeling of superiority within his group. To sum it up, no it doesn't make all of you guys like that, but it definitely doesn't look like a minority.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    1:53 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    mfw I'm just Franco's crony and nobody actually read my posts where I wasn't meming BibleThump

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Took me forever to find the reply you were talking about hehe sorry so much spam I got lost in it

I don't know if I speak for others as well, possibly might be, but I can say that personally it's not that I enjoy hp washing, but more like I accept the mechanic as a way that makes my character stronger. I believe if you want to become stronger there needs to be effort put in and keeping your patience is something you need to make an effort for. Like I've said, the game itself allows you to play it while you are waiting for the nx, it's not like you are stuck, so it's just a process you go through to become stronger, be it hp wise and gear wise because you may dedicate your time to that. In conclusion, yes, reducing the time this process takes would be bad in my opinion because it would accelerate becoming stronger (hp wise) and increasing your hp should be something you put effort towards. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a different way of getting the resets (i.e. farming them like hunting gach) because you would be splitting the hp increasing between patience effort (voting) and dedication effort (farming), all in all perseverance.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    so something gameplay related that helps you get ap resets would be acceptable, which is one of the voting options in the poll.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    so the act of hp washing and saving up nx, gives you satisfaction from accomplishing/achieving something via effort/patience.
    well, there it is boys and girls, i solved the mystery. ill accept my nobel peace prize for de-escalating tensions between the two factions

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    Well said, I liked this. I really hope this is the peaceful, logical endpoint that this thread needs.
    Maybe we should go to Centaur's thread and give him support? Like he posted before.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-tickets-a-new-way-to-obtain-ap-resets.13491/

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    12:53 PM
    There's flaming and insults because discussions get closed...?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    I was thinking the same thing when it was first posted. But I'm actually glad this thread didn't get closed too early.

12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Pretty sure he meant "That's the reason discussions get closed"

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:53 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I want to point out that the argument that "older players had to do it, so new players should have to do it too!" is actually pretty valid, assuming there's nothing horribly flawed with the current system.

Unfortunately, there are flaws, but it's not the price of AP resets. I believe the flaws are with the community, that has a high demand for HP washing, and with the fact that there's no other viable way to get higher HP. Hence the suggestion for buffing HP scrolls.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    the context i believe, is one of his threads were closed, where he voiced his opinion, which could be considered harsh, as he called a certain someone '"spineless"'. censoring people for their opinions often causes a alot of discourse (i.e. the flaming). because if you do shut people up, maybe there was a reason, maybe perhaps this person was on to something. open forums also allows other to criticize people in charge, such that their power is kept in check.

15. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    lol, yes back to my suggestion about buffing hp scrolls, which again i point out does not affect older players, though they might be mad that 'noobs' with less damage could potentially boss with them.
    it seems they dont want hp washing to change, but they do support the idea of also obtaining ap resets via other methods. maybe implement both ideas?

16. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  17. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    9:53 PM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I feel like people are wrongly accusing older players of them wanting to make people 'suffer' the same way they did.

Let's take NL as the prime example here. The waiting time for 100 resets with current prices is 62 days. 100 resets will give you an average of +1800 hp. That is enough for HT at level 155. What happens when you lower the prices? Sure, some people will be done earlier, which is probably not necessary as most people will not be 155 by that time. But I'll tell you what actually happens in most cases. People will just add more base int and on average get alot more HP. Which in turn increases the amount of people that just leech their character with a bishop.

You may say, this happens already. Sure. But it comes at a high price, having to wait a long time to wash everything out, which makes people stray away from being too extreme about it. Lowering the AP reset price makes this process take less time, getting more people to insane HP levels alot faster and this is what most older players are against.

Having a NightLord with 10k hp was never intended and I think with the current NX prices, most people don't bother washing that much. However, making things easier raises the amount of washes people will do.

In conclusion:
    You want to make a normal attacker the way the game was probably intended? Vote for 2 months and you'll be fine.
    You want to get your attacker to extreme HP levels? You'll have to wait a bit longer, and I don't think this time barrier should be shortened by too much.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    9:53 AM
    HailSatan
    Magician
    It's over. Please stop.

edit: I apologize if that sounded rude, but practically everything he's said has already been mentioned in some form or another by someone else already. I'd hate for him to unnecessarily reignite a contentious topic because of him being late to the discussion and missing what other people have already said.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:53 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I mean that's one of the reasons there has been flame & insults.

20. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    I still fail to understand how this price reduction makes anything easier since voting requires no effort. You get more resets in less time, sure. But how does that make leveling with high base int for extreme washing easier unless they're being leeched by a bishop, whether it be their own or whether they pay someone. The fact is, theres still effort required to get to those levels to even get the washes done while maintaining progress in the game.

The amount of washes some people will do and the time it takes them to level/gather the resets is relative. Some classes are required to wash less than others and people in general will have different hp goals. Lets say someone does have really high hp goals and the time it takes for an nl to get 10-12k hp is currently about over a year depending on base int and gear. This is also something I'd like to point out, godly int gear is not so easily accessible for "new" players so they need higher base int and unless they're leeched by bishops it will be impossible to level. Also, don't forget, leech costs mesos and training to a bishop still requires effort. There is still effort involved and various barriers of entry are still there.

Lastly, I don't think hp washing was ever really intended in gms. I don't recall the company ever advertising and claim that spending thousands on getting high hp was a core feature.

• Agree Agree x 5