1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    12:06 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    People don't just gach to sell the stuff they get, they use it too. Even if say Dagger scrolls lose all value, newer dits will always have a use for them.

2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    8:06 PM
    Beginner
    No, you all kept repeating its a nostalgic experience, while it's not.

If you read the thread you'd know, that the suggestion only involved changing the HP scrolls not the AP resets. Please pay attention.

3. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Do you purposely ignore parts of my post? My first sentence talks about the original intent of the change. Yes, I've read the thread.

4. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    2:06 PM
    You missed the point if you believe I assumed that I meant everyone sells their gach items. You can't just say for sure you know the economy will go a certain way because there are several unpredictable factors involved beyond the idea of nx sinks.

5. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    8:06 AM
    HailSatan
    Magician
    It's not that new players are selfish and entitled, new players and old players value different things. Old players like the way things are and don't see much room for change, while new players think that maplelegends could be better if it made some changes that everyone would appreciate (yes, old players WOULD appreciate it too if they hadn't already worked hard to achieve what they have with the current system). New players want maple legends to be more popular, more diverse and interesting, and think the current maplelegends has too many barriers to make things fun. And they aren't wrong, this server has a low retention rate. I highly doubt any of the older players would've skipped past this server if they found out that hp washing was significantly easier or nonexistent, they would still play it because hp washing isn't a feature people are nostalgic about. Its a necessary evil/privilege that only exists because old players let it exist in order to have a competitive advantage over other people. But is it worth priding over the effort you put in a bug of v62 that filters out a significant portion of new players and wasn't a thing in mainstream maplestory?

Letting HP washing exist is natural, GMS didn't patch it at the time. But GMS already had massive popularity and only the top 0.000000001% hp washed because it costed a huge amount of real investment, so their society didn't encourage it like we do here. If legends were to make changes to hp washing, it would benefit everyone playing and it would make the game more of what they remember it to be. The only people losing to easier/eliminated washing are those that have already put in effort, because their effort will be turned meaningless. But those older players still made good memories, had fun, and thats what maplestory is about. Maybe they'll argue "I didn't make that many memories or had fun, I was too busy hp washing", well then why are we still letting HP washing exist? Shouldn't games be fun?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Your second sentence talked about doing both suggestions at the same time. So I though that was how you understood the thread. My bad I guess?

EDIT: Oh wait I figured out what you meant with your original post, your asking if anyone hasd come up with a counter measure to pad the old players on the back?

To answer that, no, I haven't seen any yet.
    Maybe you can get a medal or some kind of visual feature if you bought more than 100 AP resets.

7. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    I would.

You don't agree that it makes things easier by simply having more access to gach because washing requires less resets?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:06 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Look for 1 post in which I ever mentioned the word nostalgic or nostalgia...that's right, there are none >.>

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I disagree with this. When the server population was smaller, groups of individuals can affect the price of certain items by manipulating the movement of supply. However, with the server size as it is currently, overall supply is much more influential in price trends. Decreasing NX sinks leaves the door open for more gach tickets used overall, and we will definitely see the resulting increase in supply affect the economy. Even if a subset of the server tries to hold certain items to stem supply from flowing into the market, they wouldn't hold sway over every individual on the server. I do really believe that based on this the price of most items will decrease.

10. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    they already have

there isn't a single item on this server that didn't decrease in price if you compare it with 2-3 months ago

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    And people wonder why the older players give up civil discussion and resort to meming instead TriHard

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    What, newer players can't be sarcastic too? :p

13. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    11:06 AM
    No. ppl2pass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gerarghini

Gerarghini Snail

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    California
    11:06 AM
    Gerarghini
    Assassin
    As a newer player, I really don't give a damn what happens. I knew what I was expecting when I started playing so I can't use that entitlement argument.

I'm just using the NX to look fabulous af lmao

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. slycooper

slycooper Slime

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Beginner
    Decreasing the AP resets from 3.1k to 2.5 means u save 600nx a day. In a week that's 4.2k. If the person uses that for gach that's only 4 tickets. 4 tickets ain't gonna make no noise in the market forreal. If they spend the 4.2k on AP reset that's one extra reset. One extra AP reset isn't doing nothin. I don't see the problem in lowering the price. It's still gonna take some time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cookies24

Cookies24 Snail

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Reading this whole thread I have to say I respect you for fighting for the new players. You and the other guy lionheart are cool in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    cal i love you but how is this at all relevant to the discussion

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    I certainly agree with this. The only relevant argument against reduction of nx is those "sinks" for gach. It's quite clear that there isn't necessarily a significant amount of nx saved within a 1-2 month time frame that will drastically affect the market.

Also I'd like to point out something that seems to have gone over some heads, I'm pretty sure many players are unwashed. This discount may hold as a positive incentive for some people to actually start washing, which debunks the claim that there will be more nx sunk into gach. Those unwashed players have already sunk most of their nx into gach, I'm willing to bet. I'm also willing to bet some people on this server that haven't washed may start sinking nx to ap resets because of the discount. This may in turn, offset the amount of nx that is "saved" from the discount. Therefore, my point stands.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    7:06 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I apologise. I love you too.

20. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    i think we added extra options too late. when the 'buff hp scrolls' option was added, im pretty sure, 300+ people already voted. either that or people really dont care about buffing hp scrolls.