1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    4:00 PM
    Paladin
    as said many times in the thread, it was not intended. it was a dupe that made Neckson money up until a few patches after big bang

https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.co...mate-hp-washing-guide-complete-hp-wash-guide/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:00 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Exactly, the reset price will stay the same so ppl should stop discussing it TriHard

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:00 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    "You can have this 1 candy now or if you wait a day, I'll give you 2" waiting to have a bigger reward requires effort.
    Applied to legends: "You can have more hp if you wait and vote using your nx for that" that wait requires effort if you are impatient.

Also, hp washing did not fit gms back in the day because I strongly disagree with the pay2win aspect, but you see, an unintended mechanism in a game like gms can fit MapleLegends since there is no p2w. I've already explained on this post and several before why it fits, if you lack to understand, then we can agree to disagree. Either way, it's better to just drop this thread since it's been pretty tense for both parties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    5:00 PM
    That candy analogy doesn't make sense because voting nets you a fixed amount of 5k nx per day. Its not like that value increases over time, it just accumulates. And I don't recall waiting ever taking effort. I can sit back and vote for months without playing and then one day dump it all on gach or resets for example. Doesn't sound like theres much effort put in there.

Also, I put that line in as to debunk the claim of the current system being gms-like. We all know thats not that case so why use that as an argument? And if you read the first line, what I don't understand is how reducing the reset prices makes things "easier". Since this is what many against the reduction seem to claim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    2:00 PM
    You'd have to put in effort for gacha because you need to be lvl 45. Same way you should put in effort for HP washing because if you wash 100k NX away at level 1 you're not getting anywhere HP-wise.

6. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Getting to level 45 is minimal effort really, but your second point is exactly what I'm trying to say. The resets don't mean much until you get to a certain point in the game

7. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    11:00 AM
    HailSatan
    Magician
    But before you have enough nx saved up for resets you need to invest a lot in gach or you won't have money for int equips. Unless you have an incredible amount of base int, but then your training speed will be miserably slow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    off topic but it's difficult not to laugh every time I see "fuckmyasshol" in my notifs

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Yes and what you say proves my point that theres still effort involved in the whole process as I've mentioned before with the barrier to entry.

The main results I can see from reducing the price of resets causing people to reach their ap reset goal sooner and thus dump more nx into gach sooner. Like what you said, many new players will want to gach early on and build up some in game capital before going into the whole washing business. And even if it does result to more gaching nx, the economy will just follow. Whether that is a positive or negative remains to be seen.

10. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You've literally just explained why we're thinking lowering reset prices would have a negative effect. What more are you confused about?

• Like Like x 1
  11. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    If you followed on my original statement, I was asking why some of you claim that things will get "easier" from the AP reset price reduction. So far I have no reason to believe the claim that anything is really made easier because of the price reduction.

As for the economy effect it isn't related to my original statement, but I think it falls more towards uncertainty rather than being a direct negative.

12. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    A decreased NX sink leads to people having more NX to gach. Do you not agree that this makes things easier?

More people gaching leads to greater supply of items and further crashing the economy. When supply was shit and Gun30s were being sold at 20m as an example, a method to boost supply was needed. But everything is very affordable. Any change in reset prices needs to be intrinsically linked to decreasing supply of gach items.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    Reducing reset prices can makes things easier for new players in comparison to old players, by either allowing them to progress in building their gear faster (either for their stat, or int) or having them not require hb at endgame bosses.

Lets use the example of NLs washing for horntail.

New players that wash to 5.6k hp faster than old players, will then be able to gach more and improve their gear faster than old players could.
    However, new players that end up waiting the same time as old players, will be able to wash to much higher amounts for the same time spent. In the time that old players washed to 5.6k ~ 7.8k, new players might be able to wash to 7.8k ~ 9k. They may wait the same amount of time as old players, but now they don't need hyperbody at horntail while old players do.
    Additionally, BMs and Sairs that have 5.6k hp may need to search around for power elixirs for full heals, whereas those with 7.8k hp could simply buy a ton of ginger ales from NLC (heal 5.8k).

In either case, things become "easier" for new players.

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:00 PM
    Beginner
    Are you all gonna straight up ignore the fact that NX is more than 20 times as slow to get here as on GMS v62?

15. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Can't have your cake and eat it too. It's either p2w or it's not. Obtaining NX is tied to this like it or not.

I do find it annoying that some newer players won't even meet us halfway on this issue. Have you guys even tried to come up with a solution that compensates those affected adversely by this change rather than try to push the price decrease through haphazardly?

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:00 PM
    Beginner
    Yes, have you even read the poll options?
    Specifically take a look at the one involving buffing HP scrolls.

17. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    The original intent of buffing HP scrolls is to keep reset prices at 3100 so that people don't have to rely solely on washing to hit target HP. Where's the benefit of buffing HP scrolls and also decreasing reset prices?

I have no issues with buffing HP scrolls itself. I'm in favour of any option that does not change the price and doesn't mess with gach supply too much. However, if price decreases are going to go through, I would like to see some sort of suggestion at least for compensation.

18. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    buffing hp scrolls seems like the least shit-disturbing option (i.e bonus to two opposing viewpoints without pissing the shit out of them off)

19. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:00 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Being able to get vast amount of nx from rl cash in gms doesn't make a good argument for speeding up hp washing because, to begin with, hp washing wasn't an intended mechanic and secondly, pay2win is stupid. With that being said, I already explained why 5k nx per day and hp washing fits Legends' slow paced gameplay.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    While its easy to say and think that, you can't necessarily predict the economy will go a certain way. If more people gach, prices may go down because higher supply, prices may go up because higher meso circulation, etc. I don't necessarily disagree but there are more factors to look at than just the nx sink.

Now I'd like to bring up a point someone made. If you were a new player starting here you wouldn't buy ap resets right away because it doesn't mean much until later on. You'd probably spend it on gach for some time and then over time accumulate nx for resets. Suppose it does take 2 months to wash an nl to 5.6k and with the reduction it takes less time. I don't think on average playtime that someone will be able to get to level 155 within a month, or even two. This is why I don't necessarily agree with this making things any easier.

• Disagree Disagree x 1