1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    7:00 PM
    Then whats the point of saying that, thats really obvious and i dont know what you're trying to explain.
    That's like saying my range increased our i use an onyx apple.
    Either way you'd still have the same base int, as you would reset the int at the same level. It wouldn't help you at all as it would probably take you 2 months anyways or more if you're a casual player to reach that level.
    So no you wouldn't have more ap in primary stat, and it seems you dont quite understand hp washing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    fuck my asshol

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:00 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I'm done with this thread, some people are legit stubborn :/

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    1:00 AM
    rip me waifu

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yamcha

Yamcha Slime

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HP washing becoming more viable/easier means that non-washed characters get looked down upon even more.
    Instead of being a luxury, it's going to be increasingly more of a necessity.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It's already like this.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:00 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The problem is you're saying "waiting" to vote is "wasted time", even though that's also not true. No one sits around doing absolutely nothing waiting just so they can vote again. They play the game! They sleep. They have real lives. It takes the average player some months to even reach 4th job with normal gameplay. So no, don't tell people they're wasting time when they aren't.

You want a "GMS-like solution", where it's possible to just get 500,000 NX in one day if you desire, but I keep repeating, GMS was a pay2win system. Neckson didn't care about game balance and just wanted your money.

There's nothing more you need to understand, nothing more you can argue against! You can't argue to do things like GMS because it was a broken, corrupt system. GMS-like = pay2win.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    1:00 PM
    HailSatan
    Magician
    Okay kimi. You're completely lost. Let's dissect my statement piece by piece:
    "But before you have enough nx saved up for resets you need to invest a lot in gach or you won't have money for int equips."
    I'm saying that while you need to save hundreds of thousands of nx for resets, you'd also need nx to gach to make money for int equips. Which help tremendously in hp washing.

"Unless you have an incredible amount of base int, but then your training speed will be miserably slow."
    Or instead of buying int equips, you could make up for it by allocating more of your level up ap into int, but that means less ap for your primary stat, therefore lower damage, therefore slower training.

You're assuming that I don't understand hp washing because your reading comprehension is lacking?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    You're saying that gach is the only way to make money,
    Party Quests, Hunting and questing can give various scrolls, equips that you can make money from.

While INT equips do help, it's 100% not needed. 50 Base INT is nothing, literally nothing.
    [​IMG]
    I still hold onto 60 base int, and I still do 9m dpm.

When you focus primarily on INT equips especially when you're completely new to Legends you'll be weak anyways.
    Spending all your money on INT equips as an attacking class makes it so you have to spend another large portion of money on weapons and normal gear.
    Not to mention INT equips are one of the most expensive gears in the game, with one of the highest cost 60% scrolls out of any other stat.
    A 20 int robe would probably cost you upwards of 100m+, when you can wash those stats out in 12 days.

So while you do get more base stat on your character, having a 0 attack wg and a clean weapon will make you do even less damage, and according to you you'll train even slower.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    upload_2017-7-20_1-29-7.png
    MapleF6

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    You acknowledge that you're very tight on money when first joining legends.
    Yet you insist on getting both good int equips and damage equips.
    You acknowledge missing stats will lower your damage, therefore lowering your training speed.
    Yet you make the point that its more worth it to spend your first earnings on int equips rather than damage equips.

And no 50 stat into int is literally nothing seeing as how 50 int in equips would cost you probably 200m+, that are not numbers a new player can deal with ontop of gearing themselves with weapons.

Im not sure how everything i said doesnt tie in with the subject, but hey you do you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:00 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    50 base int is nothing when you are level 16x... lol

Not quite so much when you are under level 50.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    I don't mean to drag on this argument, but if there any new players reading this, and you plan on jumping into an attacker without funding for int gear (you're planning to add base int), now is a better time than usual because you can take advantage of the temporary, but OP pink flower tube from the watermelon quest. For some classes, its good enough from 30 - 70.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    7:00 AM
    Quaver
    Fighter
    I feel that leaving AP Resets as it is, with an occasional option to obtain a handful more via seasonal activities like events is pretty balanced. AP Resets are mainly used for HP washing, and HP washing should always be a luxury more than a necessity.
    In order to achieve this, additional AP resets (on top of those from daily NX voting) should be limited and requires additional effort. I am strongly against making AP resets tradeable or any easier/cheaper to obtain than it is now, as it has a detrimental long-term effect.
    This is coming from a new player that just started few days ago, and if I want a HP washed character I better be planning ahead and sticking around long enough to participate in enough events/amassing enough NX to realise my long-term goals

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I was for a reduction in price at first, but I do believe that this is the best way to handle it. The Shiny Pearls from the current even is also, I think, a fairly balanced way to let people get more AP resets.
    We need more suggestions like mine heh https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-tickets-a-new-way-to-obtain-ap-resets.13491/

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    How much int do you have when wearing your int equips?

Edit: what level is your bishop?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  17. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    When i started i only had the lowest of equips.
    Made a wand, earrings, cape and got a zhelm.
    Totaled around 90 int.

Because i want you be able to tank crow im still washing.

I have a 150 bishop.

18. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:00 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    As a new player who is unfunded washing a 50 base int (70 with equips) sin, i really hope that the prices on the AP resets go down or a daily quest gets introduced

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    I'm curious at the thoughts of the GM's.
    After all the different arguments laid out.
    I'm holding my NX waiting for an idea of the future.

• Agree Agree x 4