1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Restart - September 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:09 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

There will be scheduled restart Wednesday September 13, 5 PM UTC (@time in-game)

Changes:
    -Increased the spawns of ToT as well as drop rate
    -Slightly decreased the drop rates of Gobis
    -Fixed a minor issue related to skill cooldown

Other:
    -Automatically process in-game name change requests
    -Behind the scene changes and improvements

The restart should take about 5~30 minutes if no problems appear.

Merchants will be closed on restarts.

Will as usual do a countdown at the forums/discord servers when it goes back up.

~MapleLegends Staff~

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marx

Marx Red Snail

Jul 21, 2017
    8:09 AM
  3. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    6:09 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    rip nimble feet

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    3:09 PM
    Thief
    Slightly decreased the drop rates of Gobis
    ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    But why tho? .......... rip

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    jus wut 'im wonder

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    And why exactly do they need to be nerfed?
    It's a great farm spot sure, but the event that gave the spot 15% extra mesos and drop rate just ended after almost 2 months.
    Without the event you'll gain around 8-10 m mesos tops with meso up there, which isn't that gamebreaking.
    Also, in order to use the spot, you need meso up ( so a mid leveled hermit) a bishop with high magic AND hyper body to cut down potion costs.

It feels especially bad because I recently got the point of having all the requirements which took me months, finishing with me passing genesis 30 yesterday (which was not cheap) so I can start there at an earlier level (144)

I really disagree with the way thing like this are handled on top of this. It feels like this is a very outsider perspective view nerf, in which the ones nerfing it are really not aware what you need to set up before you can actually farm there efficiently, especially now that there are harsh bans on account sharing, which really makes sure you have to do the entire set-up yourself.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:09 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    TriHard

• Like Like x 3
  9. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    its lik nerfin skele in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Rip my plans to farm gobies this week MapleF4

11. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:09 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you can blame LucyFlower for getting 2x more sunshine donations then everyone :)

in my opinion, this is a good farming/training spot for classes other than mages as well. alot of class's struggle making mesos. so this was a nice alternative.

its a shame, they have to nerf the drop rate :/. Maps should stay as is, as how they were designed for.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    What's the staff's official response to the balance changes? I haven't seen an official discussion or even an unofficial one regarding gobies drop rates

• Agree Agree x 19
  13. Cyrus

Cyrus Brown Teddy

May 14, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    8:09 PM
    Draft
    Hero
    Muse
    To quote FishyFishy "Maps should stay as is, as how they were designed for".

There just aren't enough reasons to substantiate the idea of decreasing drop-rates for Gobies. Similarly to the thinking of others, the extension of profitability through Gobies require a hefty amount of effort (involvement of various mules for some) - which I'd like to think is a good trade-off for what Gobies has to offer today.

To add on, if the reason for reducing the drop-rate was due to the profits attained by players for the last 1-2 months. Kindly further consider the fact that there was a 15% drop-rate increment which perhaps influenced the idea of such.

P.S Like what deribouderibou said - For the least, we should've had an unofficial or even better, an official discussion of the matter at hand. Then again, kindly correct me if a discussion was already held.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    You knew it would stir up controversy and still you do it out of the blue? Nice!
    OnionF3OnionF3

• Like Like x 2
  15. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    tfw staff hates you so much and decide to nerf your farming spot :) FrancoFranco

• Funny Funny x 11
  16. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I personally would like to know the official reason behind this nerf as well. 8-10m/hr without the event buff is pretty reasonable, it makes it so you don't have to slave away at selling leech for 6-7m/hr. You can farm on your own terms.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I mean the ToT change had a discussion thread and it was "accepted" under changes
    all in all I am on board with the ToT changes, but it just doesn't seem like there's any official reasoning for gobies nerf (even though we all can come up with unofficial ones easily)

• Like Like x 7
  18. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    8:09 PM
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Why the gobis nerf all of a sudden. You base your decisions and judgement based on 1 LucyFlower who dedicated almost 24hours of time farming at Gobis. How is this even fair and logical? Was there no discussion about this change at all? I feel this is extremely unfair especially for casual players who want to farm at gobis and those who trained their mules up for this sole purpose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The nerf is not huge and is mainly to maintain the amount of mesos farmed as we have discussed this amongst ourselves (the staff members). We saw that this was needed as it is the number one farming spot despite being a medium level grinding spot (80+) which makes little reason as to why this map produces a lot of mesos from other higher level grinding spots.

Another point is, events will happen and the rates will be boosted during events, thus this should also be taken into consideration.

If you believe the change should be reverted, please create a thread explaining why and giving us data AFTER the changes has happened and tested.

Thank you.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
  20. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Hi Hiyo,
    Shouldn't the rates be tested before any changes, and not the other way around?

Internal discussion is great but explanations should be given if they are internal discussions only (as in, explain in your patch notes or ahead of time).

thanks boo love you

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3