1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Gach Tickets: A new way to obtain AP Resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Piety, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:10 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    More complaining about time it takes to wash TriHard

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    11:10 AM
    Xqst
    That's like saying steroids are not needed for competing in bodybuilding. If everyone is doing it, you gotta do it as well. Competition to get into a party is real, even at early levels.

And I'm pretty sure fryberfryber washed.

HP washing is a need for some classes, I can quote good players from this forum backing that statement.

3. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I feel like I'm constantly reading the same argument over HP washing over and over thread after thread... Oh right because I am.
    TriHard

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    As I've said in this thread before;
    Can we please focus on the suggestion itself instead of debating HP washing in general? There's a really nice thread that's had plenty of constructive discussion it it about that, while this is more of a suggestion to very slightly alleviate the cost of washing/give people who put work into their character a bit more washes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    Xqst
    The point of my post was simply to make the veterans who already HP washed to stop making it so hard for the staff to make a decision. I've read in this post various "the economy will be destroyed" when they are just hiding the "muh time invested".

If this post was made, is because you thought it was a good idea. I'm willing to bet on that, because there is a reason you are in the position you are in.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    i mean at this point when the rank 1 and rank 2 marksmen are telling people not to make marksmen... XatEmo

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  7. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I mean I guess if that's your perspective than that's fine
    You're right that HP washing being cheaper doesn't "destroy" the economy but it does change the dynamic of this server, question being do you want to change the dynamic of the server
    If the argument is "I'm new and it should be made easier because I'm new", it is no different than me saying "I'm old and therefore it should not be made easier because I had to do it".
    *shrugs* honestly at this point whether or not they do it doesn't affect the server, it will live on

8. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    It's been debated plenty by both server veterans and newer players in the poll thread. It's a pretty good read, if you scroll past the insults and memes.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-should-the-ap-reset-change-be-handled.13473/

I'm still one of the ''new'' players; I've been going through HP washing myself on my Bowmaster. My point of view when I made this suggestion was that the best solution, that would probably sit the best with both sides, would be something of the sort; a small way, on the side, to get extra AP Resets through work and effort. Not just a straight up price reduction that screws the people who already washed by hundreds of thousands of NX.
    I think it's not that they're making it hard; they just want it to be fair, which is definitely understandable. :)

9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    PogChamp but muh washes PogChamp

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    8:10 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    like i said. Hp washing is a CHOICE :) i have guildies who dont HP wash and they still Zak at lvl 135+

11. itakano

itakano Red Snail

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    Takeyuki
    Bishop
    Horny
    Some ppl have their tinfoil hats on too tightly. :thinking:

12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    5:10 PM
    Beginner
    I guess we should go ahead and remove HP washing so people can add HP to themselves instead, for the true nostalgic experience OnionMuha
    Actually this would probably level the huge gaps in classes dpm at bosses. Assassins would come in line with the other classes and so on..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:10 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    OnionSpit

14. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    would the older players agree on 100-150 nx reduction. so its not that big?
    if i remember correctly, you guys were okay with that.
    i think its the real way to go. so its small enough to be noticed, but not enough to piss people off