1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by aiko, Jan 4, 2018.

1. aiko

aiko Slime

Jul 22, 2017
    Female
    1:41 PM
    deina
    Bishop
    Essence
    Hi all,
    read the bottom for the quick summary
    So I just wanted to make this post for those that wanted to know my status and/or wanted a better (?) explanation as to why I've decided to quit playing.

Originally, when I first started playing ML, though I had started playing with a group of friends, I was mainly a solo player. Even while they were PQing together, I preferred to grind alone and essentially reached 4th job without much other player interaction. Eventually, I found myself in Essence as a result of some friendly peer pressuring by Dan and Jas, and though I was a little bit awkward about it all, I'm really thankful to them for inviting me to join and expanding my horizons in the game. However, as all guilds go, we eventually got larger, we joined an alliance that added more players into the mix, and I found that my world quickly changed from just myself to a small group of people to something much much larger than that. Personally, I felt (and still feel) a little overwhelmed by it all, even though I was able to meet and become close with a lot of people thanks to it. However, as the guild and alliance got bigger and some of my closer friends began to quit/play less, I found myself feeling a little lonely and lost amongst all the unfamiliar faces. I had never been that great at being friendly (?) or making friends, and so each friend that I had I held very precious. And so despite having been a loner from the beginning, each friend that stopped playing saddened me more and more to the point where I hadn't really felt like playing much at all. Aside from that, though this feels selfish to say, I guess as these people were special to me, I had also wanted to feel special to someone else. In the end, however, I guess I never felt like this was really the case and so I felt it would be better for me to just stop trying for my own sake.

Continuing on from that feeling, I've had a lack of motivation to actually progress in the game for quite a few months now. I would say that I'm somewhat of a perfectionist but also very lazy, and so whenever my progress got setback due to my own mistakes I felt very disheartened at the amount of time I would have to spend again either grinding, farming, or getting lucky enough to be able to achieve my goals. Eventually, I reached the point where I felt that I couldn't imagine myself really putting forth the time and effort needed to reach my goal and decided that it would be best for me to just move on. Despite it all, I don't regret setting such lofty goals, and I know that I would have been unsatisfied if I aimed any lower.

Finally, the last but maybe most important reason is that school is starting back up for me. Over the past few months, I felt that I had been very unproductive in my real life and had been brushing off a lot of real life activities and responsibilities. Personally, I felt that I hadn't been able to maintain a good balance in my life and have decided to stop playing for the foreseeable future.

Special thanks to:
    Ally/Anu/Eva: :heartbeat:

Dan: for being one of the first people to talk to me, for always being there to help me, and for trusting in me and encouraging me to take more initiative.

Willy: for being a close friend and confidant, for always giving me advice and listening to my rants, and for being my partner on DL hehe

Bryan: for putting up with my sarcasm, for always taking everything positively, and for being my Fitness "rival"

Davy/Kenny/Faisal/Jsun/Ranny/Andy: for inviting me to watch shows and play league, for hanging out with me late at night, and for the REEEEEEEEEEEEs and "xd"s

Derrick: for flaming Andy and sad times during league, for Drake, for scamming people

Jay: for drooling on yourself, for doki doki, for "we can fight this"

And to the MBAE/BEAM alliance and all those that I've gotten to know and become close with while playing ML, I'd like to thank you deeply from the bottom of my heart. For welcoming me and treating me kindly, to helping me and making me laugh, thank you. OnionNervous

Quick summary:
    Some personal reasons, a lot of friends that have quit, lack of motivation for the game, school starting again. I may be back in the future. Thanks everyone! OnionBye

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Rizset

Rizset Mano

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    2:41 PM
    BlackApe
    Dark Knight
    T^T gubi Queen of 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Waeri

Waeri Horny Mushroom

Jul 22, 2017
    Female
    Waeri
    Bishop
    Vivid
    OnionCryRun
    you will always and forever be my irreplaceable one true waifu and lover

:heartbeat: deina x waeri forever :heartbeat:

ilysm :kiss:

c u soonsies if u kno wat i mean hehe xd xoxo

:heartbeat: p.s. u kno u got a special spot in my kokoro forever and ever doki doki :heartbeat:
    OnionGirlLove

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    xd

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    ultra sad not gonna lie

• Like Like x 1
  6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    so I guess your league of legends career is really taking off

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    aiko

aiko Slime

Jul 22, 2017
    Female
    deina
    Bishop
    Essence
    I get a new rank each time Bryan misses a HT run Kappa

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    11:41 AM
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    I was kinda sad at first but

I guess see you on Jay’s stream/on league

9. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    HELLO?!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    7:41 PM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    I love you so much <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    OnionPissed

I love her more

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    We'll be here when you come back

13. so_cai

so_cai Mano

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    I/L Arch Mage
    wishing you the best in your future endeavors <3 -Bonzai

14. lildicky

lildicky Mano

Jun 28, 2017
    LilDicky
    Night Lord
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

15. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    7:41 PM
  16. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:41 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    :heartbeat: Let’s EUW sometime hehe

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. DivineArrow

DivineArrow Horny Mushroom

Aug 3, 2017
    Israel
    9:41 PM
    DivineArrow
    Bowmaster
    Essence
    I know you will do great in life,
    despite that I will wish you good luck and thank you for everything you've done for me .
    you've been a huge help and relief for me knowing I had someone who's able to be in my place when I wasn't there, and you were always there to advise me and comfort me and I really love you and everything you did.
    Thanks alot for everything dana.
    with much appreciation and love,
    Dan:heart::heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    8:41 PM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
  19. Camille

Camille Master Chronos

May 12, 2017
    Female
    USA
    Camille
    Warrior
    Muse
    Thank you for babysitting my sed mule booty and dealing with my endless squeals of panic. Good luck with everything Deina, I'm so glad to have crossed paths with you. :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Sign

Sign King Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Replay
    Hero
    Muse