1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    9:25 AM
    I/L Mage
    What about a potion that let you temporary gain the effect of HB for 30min.

Potion name: Red bull
    Effect: Grants HB for 30min
    Untradable/Unique
    Crafting Requirement: 1000 Red snail shell, 1000 Blue Snail shell, 1000 Green snail shell
    Cost: 5 million meso
    Additional effect: Red Bull gives you wings!
    :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    3:25 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Buff Hyperbody?

• Creative Creative x 3
  3. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    I honestly dislike the idea of HP washing. Its confusing af and takes up WAY TOO MUCH TIME. I avoided choosing chars that requires hp washing; who has the time? Washing shouldn't be made compulsory for end game bossing imo. It takes months to wash completely too. If the main focus isn't to make washing easier, why not make it optional. People can still do it if they want to, but towards end game bossing(zak/ht), is it possible to have a NPC or auto character boost in zak/ht maps to boost up their HP/MP stats to an amount that is reasonable (let's say 2k HP for example) just during their runs? This way, people can still wash to be safe, and for other bosses, but not spend a ton of NX and months of voting to just for the sake of end game bossing. Just a thought.

I like the idea of questlines to obtain various hp/mp eq (ellin ring). Keeps the game interesting and not dead by grinding/leeching to death.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:25 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    6:25 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    2:25 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    No and no, making them cheaper will not solve the issue. You will still need the int, you will still need to leech, you will only have to wait a bit less.

Purpose of removing hp wash is to let people play the class they wanna play without having to make a mage first or leech all the way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    8:25 PM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    I dont understand the fun of waiting 3 months or even more to finish a wash completely tbh. Why wait to enjoy content? Thats not how a game works...

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Depends who you ask. Some people enjoy the 'challenge' of having to wait/work for there characters. Others dont (hense why people buy leech and others grind).
    Shes not necessarily saying that Washing should be done faster. Shes trying to find a way that prevents having to completely remake characters if washing is done too late, and possible alternatives to base-INT issues.
    If people want a game they can finish in a week, lets just implement these :D
    [​IMG]

Edit: I don't really have much of an opinion on washing. But i feel like the complaints about having to 'wait' to be able to accomplish something ingame tilt me. Good games are challenging, they take time, strategy and planning. In my opinion, MapleLegends challenges (HT, Toad, Anego, Skill books, etc) shouldnt be completed right away. Theres a reason as to why so many people complain that 'end game' is boring, thats because its the end of the game. I dont see why people would want to rush to that in a game that puts so much emphasis on the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    Respectfully, I think you should reconsider

The biggest upside that I see to a job adv boost is that it's an "invisible" change.
    Imagine giving thieves, archers, and gunslingers a mere +200hp and +200mp @ their fourth job advance.
    Those who have no plans to wash will only see a difference of 200hp which is neither gamebreaking, nor obnoxious. Unless you know to specifically look for it, you probably wouldn't even notice that this is a custom boost that you normally wouldn't have.

However to a person who is counting every hp/mp point, this is a huge deal.
    Code:
    200 hp bonus + [(200mp/-12mp per wash) * 18hp per wash]
         = 200hp+300hp after doing 16.66 washes
    Giving 500 hp to those who really need it in an almost "invisible" manner is pretty good!

Every approach to solving hp washing has different levels of visibility or "customness" - meaning mixing a variety of approaches is ideal.
    The hp number that an unprepared bow/nl would be deficient to horntail @ 155ish I believe is somewhere around 1.7k hp

Currently:
    +100hp deputy star
    +100hp ellin forest ring

Future:
    +500 hp from fourth job advance bonus + free 16.66 hp washes
    +100hp future ring
    +200hp best-in-slot monster book congratulatory title

This adds up to a +1000hp out of the needed 1700, which could be implemented using some other solution. (maybe one that involves a strong social or collaborative aspect)

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. lildicky

lildicky Mano

Jun 28, 2017
    9:25 PM
    LilDicky
    Night Lord
    I think we should keep the status quo. You can always reset main stat into int :^) it's never too late OnionMuha

And if you're level 200, play a new character :^)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    9:25 PM
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    OMG MY FAVORITE NPC IS CANTSEE SHIM IN KOREAN FOLK TOWN I LITERALLY DO ALL THE KFT QUESTS FOR THAT GUY

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    My callout post was mod-deleted, sry mods.

Thanks for replying. In a nutshell you disagree with freebies, and the impact nx has gameplay.

The system we got is the one we're stuck with, and that system means that some players inadvertently get fukd over.
    Adding base INT to a non-mage is not "hard work and dedication", it's butting heads with a flaw so that ur character isn't handicapped.

And since thread topic is discussing solutions that'll help reduce the ugliest, least noob friendly aspect of the game, my concern is:
    How can we make these solutions feel as maple-like and natural as possible?

The ellin ring is a good solution because it feels like a natural part of maple. You gotta explore and work for it.
    A monster book related reward such as a title is a good solution because it feels like a natural part of maple. You gotta explore and work for it.

I can see why you don't agree with hp or mp freebies, cuz you don't have to work for that.
    But it's the most invisible solution out of them all.
    Contrast that with the suggested trade-in system for hp.

With a trade in system you gotta:
    • explore
    • work for it
    but does it feel maple-like? Idk, i don't think trading in items for potentially 1k+ worth of hp feels natural to me.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    You don't have to make a mage first. Yes, that is a good way to earn mesos and level up by yourself, but there are maps where you can grind and gain over 10m/hr in mesos as a non-mage just by selling the scrolls or npcing the items. Oh, then there's merching, its probably the actual fastest way gain mesos in the game and one of my favourite aspects of the game (eventho I do not merch often, as I am incapable of maintaining my shop spot). I know plenty of players who don't have a mage but are funded AF through hunting scrolls and merching.

Leech will still be in the game even if hp washing is removed, some people rather pay than to level themselves. If you think buying leech loses people's motivation to play (I actually thought the same thing, thinking if they couldn't grind at that level how would they possibly have the motivation to play their 4th job), well you're a bishop now since you were "forced" to make one and sell leech for mesos, monitor your buyers and see where they end up, most of them do not lose motivation and quit due to leeching.

14. Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    8:25 PM
    Poogles, Poogies, Poogle, Poogie
    Dark Knight, Bishop, Night Lord, Shadower
    Guildless
    I just have a question regarding this issue.

Since the mechanic of HP-washing is really just a barrier separating players willing to wait for months (to get AP Resets) and players wanting to fully enjoy the game now...
    How detrimental would it really be to make end-game bossing more accessible to players? (i.e. removing HP-washing)

The way I see it is... this is just one private server, so there are already not many people playing in general, much less people bossing. Limiting bossing to only those hardcore players willing to jump on the HP-washing bandwagon seems counterproductive in moving this server forward.

Of course, I can understand why simply removing HP-washing is undesirable to many players - particularly to those who have already invested and/or are investing their time in abiding by the current HP-washing system. For that reason, I am in full support of any and all of the previously posted suggestions that would (attempt to) solve this issue whilst allowing the aforementioned players to retain the benefits from their efforts.

However, the above reason is the only real reason I could think of that properly justifies keeping HP-washing as part of the game. In my opinion, a few previous posts have already disproved the opposing side's justifications of HP-washing being described as "nostalgic", or that HP-washing is in some way "fun". I believe the only real problem is letting the veterans of this server (who have HP-washed) keep the satisfaction from their months of waiting and/or leeching.

But anyways... any information/answers to the question I made at the top of this post will be much appreciated. :pinkbean:

P.S. Thank you Kim for making this thread and letting people share their thoughts about this important issue! :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Food for thought: what about those who already spent months(perhaps almost a year) of washing and the game decided to implement on this? How is it fair for those higher level NLs and BMs who spent 600k nx on AP resets before? - A friend pointed this out to me yesterday.

In all honesty, I believe it is difficult to take away HP washing completely as this is part of the mechanism in getting to end game bosses. Taking it away completely is gonna create an uproar. Veterans would feel unfair for their hard work, more people creating more attacking classes due to the lack of challenge, leading to server imbalance perhaps?

I like how the server is right now. I don't HP wash but MP wash (which is completely optional for my mage, but i chose to do it). I just get the very meh feeling knowing that if I were to play other classes, I need to HP wash and I simply don't see why is it necessary to make it so difficult and time consuming. I agree that without washing is gonna make this game a non challenging one, which makes it boring eventually. I actually don't mind light washing, keeps the game intact and nostalgia too. I just hope that there is a way to give a little extra boost/temporary increment in HP while doing end game bosses. (Cue eqs like ellin rings)

16. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    I think I tried to address why I don’t think this discussion is leading to a complete upheaval of the washing system. So it doesn’t waste their effort and time in washing. It’s in my essay of a post above

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  17. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    Thinking about it, I suggest that an ADDITIONAL meso cost should be added on top of the quest/activity per set of MP that you are rewarded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    3:25 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    In my opinion nothing should be changed about washing. You can do most bosses if some dk or hbmule provides you with hb, in case you forget or ignored to wash. Some bosses will still hit too much (castellan) for example, but is it really needed to make it easier for people to do high endgame bossing? We can want much but in the end, washing is part of v.62. We are not going to nerf HS, nerf the way leeching works, so lets just also stick with the way washing works. The only thing I can think of to make it somewhat easier for nonwashed people, is to say that for example zakum drops a use item which, when used, gives you the same as an hb skill for a day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    It’s not harder because washing, just more fund, meso and TIME requiring. Make it harder in some other way then. So that people can actually enjoy lvling up attackers.

20. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think a lot of people misunderstand the intent of the change, myself included when I first read this thread. The amount of resets you need to wash will stay basically the same.

The only difference that comes with this change is you would no longer need int gear to increase your mp pool. Instead these orbs would increase your pool naturally and you don’t need to acquire tons of int gear to play your character.

This, in turn, makes it so your character is actually playable and you can actually play an attacker character without from 1-200 instead of playing Leech Legends from 1- whenever I can take out my base int.

Still, there are some drawbacks to this, the main one being HT has been decided to be the final boss in MapleLegends. Do we really want it to be more easily accessible? But then the other side of the coin is what if someone didn’t find out about washing and now they can’t HT until 180+. So really there’s no winners here only losers no matter what direction we go in. If you implement the system you make it easier to boss when the HT economy is already dying . If you don’t implement the system it’s a giant fuck you to those casual players who spent a long duration of time leveling their characters but found out about washing too late.

On a side note, I’m so glad that a new MapleTip has been added telling people to stfu about HP washing. It is truly ridiculous how people will tell new or casual players that their character is completely unplayable because they didn’t wash from level 1 when it isn’t even true. It completely demotivates casual players from even playing the game and often times they just quit when they find out what they have to do, when in reality they’re just being given a false picture by a bunch of tryhard “I need 10k HP so I can do toad ranger attackers.”

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.