1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    9:15 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    My above suggestion ALSO does not force you to make a mage, nor buy overpriced INT equips. Maybe you misread it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:15 PM
    Moderator Post
    I don't personally see a difference between pure MP and HP equips when it comes to your INT problem. The only thing that base MP will make you do is wash more with AP resets, which has nothing to do with int equips at all. Can you re-clarify?

EDIT: Unless you mean that static HP can differ each job while MP doesn't, since you still would need to wash.

3. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Your solution as it is does not have a strict time-gate, only an effort-gate. To balance the two systems and introduce some mutual exclusivity, both should need AP resets. That's why I suggested base MP as a reward. Also, giving base MP as a reward for this system means that you DO NOT NEED INT equips, nor base INT added, nor a mage to leech yourself.

I only suggested having a meso sink added to this system to balance the meso cost needed to invest in INT equips (which you dont need for this system) and to create a disincentive to do both systems.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Oh, I thought you also said that int equips would be cheaper which would be solved if pure MP was added instead. If that wasn't what you meant than my bad. I now totally understand what you mean. =P

5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    As long as the ring doesn’t give more than 300 HP at max tier and both this and the last idea aren’t implemented at the same time, it seems like a good idea.

Also, I like how this idea keeps the server unique. I feel like the other idea with MP from boss drops is too similar to another server that has become quite popular lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    With that cleared up, do you think my improvement is fair and addresses concerns about nasty side effects of a new system?

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes.

[​IMG]

Also secret teaser for asking that question.

You can actually view almost all cards we will have by going in-game and opening the monsterbook.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Both have their good and bads personally. The bad is that personally I think people are more pleased with having an actual item for their accomplishments rather have mp added in their stat. That's my personal opinion at least. Perhaps it could have a mix of like an equipment while giving the pure MP?

The bad about pure MP is that each job benefit differently, but this flaw also happens with HP from equips (warriors would benefit the least.. but frankly I don't think Warriors need much of a boost if any at all..), while with pure MP warriors will also benefit, and probably benefit a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    12:15 PM
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    I know this is going slightly off the rails a bit, but if the Monsterbook is going to have bonuses for card collection, will there be any way for higher-level users to collect boss cards from bosses of PQs they are too strong for? At least the completionist side of me is itching at the thought of there being a few un-fillable gaps in the book. Even just getting one of the cards for the past PQ bosses to color in the slot would be so satisfying.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    12:15 AM
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    This needs to be a separate thread on its own HAHA.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    And by making it super-super hard to a point at which I would be alright with it and where it would be less efficient then actual int leveling and waiting for resets, is a point at which nobody is going to consider doing it and people might just remake their characters instead. Sure you can implement the system like that, but that's not going to solve many things. Might as well do nothing then. If it takes hours for people to even collect 1 card it doesn't solve the problem at all and will only cater to the hardcore people, of which most are familiar with HP washing. If it takes less then that everyone will do it and every ranged job will be jumping around with +1.6 k HP.

Like I said before in my opinion it's too late to implement something like this. I feel like a sweet spot inbetween is impossible to find. If you have a different opinion that's fine, but don't call my comments a knee jerk if you want me or others to take you seriously.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  12. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Oh yeah for sure a ring would be cool too, (especially because not everybody even wants to wash in the first place but would still want to do monster book), as long as this new alternative-to-washing system isn't only from that one equip. And yeah, some classes disproportionately benefiting from this is a potential problem that could be handled on a class by class basis similar to the MP-gain on level up code.

OH GOD, that would suck :(

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  13. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    This is definitely an issue that will exist, though I feel like the option should be available for people that have made far enough to a point that they value their character.

14. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    yeapp truee because to get a high amount of hp required for bossing you would have to wash and have high int from a very early stage of your character, and when you have a high amount of int to be added into mp then you would sacrifice the damage your character should have but instead the ap was thrown into int which is a very useless stats for jobs other than mages. and therefore ppl have adapted to it by creating their own mages to self leech, or simply bloodwash at higher levels. But imo if kimmy were to implement such a system that gets rid of having to wash just to boss , and i were to be at a loss i wouldnt mind at all because thinking it in a long term sense it would'nt need to be so burdensome and forcefull to wash just to have a decent late game fun bossing :D
    so loss all the efforts that i've spend on washing by adding int and having int eq for a future where any other character other than mage can actually survive during bossing at late game without bloodwashing

15. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm also wondering, what kind of stats would such a ring give. Giving 300hp will still mean you gotta hp wash, but giving 1800hp is rather broken imo. I can't really see it benefitting new players, for example if the ring gives 500hp, future ranged characters still need to use INT gears/ base INT to hp wash to 5k hp and wear the ellin ring to survive HT. Doesn't really solve anything, just lessening their wash, but they still gotta pump INT.

16. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    Whats the max amount of hp that's gonna come from the ring?

A limited amount of hp coming from all-class items is gr8, but note that mages benefit disproportionately from +hp equips

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    yes you are absolutely right. as one of the victims who started on this server with an assasin, i did not know about hp washing until i was almost reaching my 3rd job and that really troubled me because i was worried that i couldn't do bossing and survive even one hit from the boss. But after you said this i realised that bossing should actually be an end game thing and not someone who just got their 4th job and havent even maxed 3 skills yet. I understand that people want to do bossing as early as possible because the rewards that the bosses give will give you a tremendous amount of boost in stats and what not, but because of this greed you are forced to sacrifice your early game damage in order to add into INT and do washing ltr on. But then because of this lack of damage, people start to wonder "how the hell am i supposed to lvl up fast with this kind of shitty damage?" and then the answer shined upon their faces . . . "leeching" :D and then this spiralled on into an issue till this day. I mean this maplelegends was innitially created to bring back "Nostalgia" to people who used to play this game back in the day and most of you out there who really play on this server to experience the nostalgia would probably be 20+ by now (because back 10 years ago getting a computer let alone a internet connection wasnt easy and cheap) so all those of you who just play on this server and wants this server to adjust to what you need are probably best of finding another server as this server was originally ment to bring back "fond memories" of the old maple we all once used to play .. . . . .

18. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Yeah, that's another reason why the HP from the ring should be minimal and instead have the bonus base MP be the majority of the alternative-washing-system reward.

Well, what do you think about this (below)? Meso sink is the disincentive for already normal washed players.

This is supposed to be a constructive discussion, not destructive.

19. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    well that is your opinion and this is just mine, i mean didn't we all come into this server because we wanna experience the old maplestory? and not some other server which gives u 8x exp which is darn easy to lvl up within the minute to max lvl and just about being able to do anything you want to do?

20. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Telling people to just leave the server is not a constructive discussion. And you misunderstand, I do want to experience to old Maplestory which is why I'm proposing adding hurdles to prevent this from turning into super easy handouts that ruin the old vibe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.