1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    8:19 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    cause in most of the threads, all i see are people complaining of sudden changes just because it doesn't suit the current way they are playing the game, which was from the beginning just a trial test and when they want to implement slight changes that will give those "no life" players a disadvantage and threaten to put all of the hours they have spent on the game so far to become worth nothing and i think these kind of opinions should not be considered because they aren't thinking about the future of this server and mostly only thinking about themselves . . . .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    because there is absolutely no way to fix this HP washing problem without being the bearer of bad news to a majority of old players who have stuck on to this server for a very long time under this system and will refuse to change because they have adapted to it for a very long time now . . . . and for me honestly i haven't done any sort of bossing on this server and ever since i heard that you *NEEDED* to hp wash in order to "enjoy" late game i started getting depressed that my very first character which is a NL could not boss because i did not have sufficient HP to do so, and dont misunderstand im not trying to be selfish, but i just see that this problem is not very appealing to newer players who have not heard of such a system nor even know it existed in the first place unless told so, so my opinion is like some ppl have mentioned above, give bonus hp/mp when you are doing your job advancement, that way people dont really have to hp wash so much anymore and dont get me wrong, dont who want still can do hp wash but it is optional now instead of a "MUST" when doing bossing

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I'm confused, you literally quoted the below in agreement. Washing is not a requirement, just a luxury. Some people are pushing new players away by feeding them misinformation about what they 'need to do'.
    Also you want "old maple" but also want to get free bonus HP handout to boss sooner than normal. I don't get it lol.
    :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    well you should know very well that washing is a requirement if you actually want to "do something" after your 4th job of past the 135 level and having not washing at all means that you would only be able to start tanking boss after like lvl 155 and above which would also mean that you would not be able to get exp from the boss and thus having to grind at a low level mob because you cannot go for bossing. . . i mean if you don't do bossing then what do you do past a certain end game level? riddle me that
    "some people"? isn't it because of some of the old players who has adapted to the system? (note im not saying all, just some)

5. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    ???
    It's a chain reaction of misinformation. Old players tell new players how it's possible to boss early but it's difficult, new players get disillusioned and tell other new players that 'it's a requirement'. (No, it's optional and arguably easier to just level up to normal boss level instead of investing ridiculous amounts of time and mesos.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    well i wished someone woulda told me that in the first place . . . its too late for me then sigh*

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    now i know why granberg quit this server when he was ahead, cause when he had reached lvl 9x and realised there was such a thing called HP washing he knew what was coming and didnt wasted his time anymore . . . . even though he loved questing but with the existance of this system he was bounded to many rules that he wouldn't be able to follow . .

• Like Like x 2
  8. Respite

Respite Blue Snail

Apr 17, 2018
    Male
    7:19 PM
    I think the exact numbers for this matter quite a lot. Like, how much will the ring give? I know I've invested a hell of a lot of money and time into starting my washing journey with saving up resets and pumping base int. My character is basically going to actually be a noodle until all that base int is washed out which is the price I pay for choosing to wash. I'm okay with both the ring and the before mentioned boss drop giving +max MP, but I feel like it should still have been worth it for me to carefully plan out my character and make it weak as hell in the hopes of being able to do bosses in the future. I would be extremely bitter if I spent months of AP resets (which the nx could have been used for a lot of different benefits) and months of being a weak noodle if this ring completely invalidates HP washing at all. Like would this ring give 5k HP? 2k HP? 1k HP? 200 HP? What would the balance point be? Even if the highest tier of the ring takes an extremely long time to get, shouldn't it be more time efficient to make HP washing be the better choice if planning your character from the beginning? It should allow you to make up for not washing, but I think washing should be the more time efficient/cost efficient option or else why would I ever wash at all? I'm not washing for a ridiculous goal like 15k hp on a NL, I'm taking a normal pragmatic approach to washing and I don't want to feel like that effort is invalidated.

9. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    1:19 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Is this even accurate? A lvl 200 NL should have about 4.8k hp. Dep star ellin ring and zombie and you're still at 5.1k. So saying that you can "just lvl up as normal and dont wash", isn't true is it? You don't have to wash AS MUCH, but you still need to wash.

Well, I did that aswell with my current sin and we just have to live with it. I would rather see more new players joining that doesn't have to worry about this. Just because my parents didn't have any cell phones or internet when they grew up, does that mean I shouldn't have it?

Your efforts will still not be in vain, just wash out that int and put some mp->hp every now and then. You'll still have some extra mp if you do decide to wash over the needed limit? It's not for nothing. Can't understand why everyone is whining so much about making a little bit different, it's not like people will stop washing at 5.6k. New players won't quit because they are greeted with "oh you made a non mage as your first char, no base int? LOL YOU WILL BE USELESS, make a new char".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    A 100% unwashed NL will have 4.8k at 200 yes, but you're forgetting about HB. The only required HP target for HT is 5600+ with HB (after leg and tail) at level 155 (lowest level to get HT exp) and a 100% unwashed NL has just over 3700 HP at level 155 before equips or HB which means 5700+ HP with HB. So yes it is accurate and I wish uninformed people would stop scaring new players away with misinformation. Even the least amount of effort towards washing (NO base INT, NO mage alt for leech, very little INT gear) can net you above the threshold to survive legs and tail with HB (4.8k clean HP). And with my below suggestion, you won't even need INT gear.

11. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    1:19 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    I might be wrong but the required HP before HB is 5600 is it not? 7800 if you want to go without hyperbody, which I’ve been told most people doesn’t anyways since they want the extra safety and pot money.

12. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    That number is the HP needed to survive HT after legs and tail without HB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    8:19 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    what about a meso sink? Npc that gives 1hp for 5,000,000 meso?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Sure, disagree with a fact. You're helping to spread the misinformation that is turning players away from this server.

Also,
    choose one.
    aa81.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    3:19 AM
    Thief
    i would like this idea too but im afraid it would be too custom :z

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    To those saying HP washing is not a requirement. Yes, you are right. I can hit level 200 as NL no int, zero wash and have 4.8K HP which is needed before HB to survive HT blah blah blah. But considering that there you leave your character in this position:

No HB = No bossing. I want to be able to boss when I and friends want to. I don't want my character to be dependant on another's. Buffs should be a benefit, not a requirement.

HB gets dispelled = RIP. That didn't take long. HT buff causes this to be cancerous, dispelled and insta hit equals RIP. This basically means my bossing experience is chopped up to luck. Fantastic mechanic.

DK forgets to rebuff = Again, see the above.

Yeah, I get it is a luxury, but the only people sticking around to hit 200 are probably 100% are going to boss. So why not tailor the game for that? Why keep a MONEY GRAB MECHANIC?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    If u can get lv 200 on a NL without washing and without doing horntail, I'll delete my account

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    "Buffs should be a benefit, not a requirement" So now you're arguing against HB. And again, no you don't need to be 200.
    I get that you don't want to die to a debuff, but come on, it's HT. You should have a party with HB and bishops with resurrection.
    Isn't Babo in your guild? lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss

"Arguing against HB" is an attempt to unvalidate my point. If I'm not allowed to say you shouldn't need HB then you can't say I'll be fine as long as I have it.

my argument is against HP washing and that it isn't a "luxury" it is needed. Not that it's required, because with the same logic, HB isn't required, but if you don't wash, HB is required.

That's the flaw in the system. HP washing is greatly flawed and if Kimmy is against it, then remove it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    ???
    "needed, but not required." I'm sorry but I don't follow.
    Correct, this is true.
    That's not at all what this thread is about. Kimmy specifically said this in the main post.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.