1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    7:40 PM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yes, honestly i just found out about this yesterday from my guild-mate seeing INTlords at LPQ. WTF seriously, adding 200 base INT without funding is just plain stupid and stop telling noobs who don't know better that your way is the right way, explain to them that you're doing this very insane project that will take up to 1 YEAR and that you are extremely funded and already playing on the server for several months on your main. You guys are really setting bad examples to new players, my guild-mate even said he had to remake his lvl 48 sin as it is already ruined as he didn't have 200 base INT. I honestly do not know how this kind of misinformation is being spread down to lvl 35s.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    4:40 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Yep, it's this misinformation that is really the problem. People who have never done HT, are unfamiliar and are repeating misinformation as gospel. Unfortunately this is a social problem; miscommunications, hyperbole, people repeating what they hear without actually researching the truth. Where we are at right now is having to live with the existing HP-washing, while potentially providing a different route to achieve the same goal while also solving some actual 'problems' with normal HP-washing like high level players 'missing out'.
    ___

No that is literally not what I said, nor implied. I specifically said that an 'original/nostalgic' Maplestory experience would not include HP-washing, but that is not the reality of MapleLegends. However, removing it from MapleLegends would be harmful to the integrity of the server (leaving new characters unable to wash, while leaving old washed characters OP). I don't understand how you can't see that.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Liprings

Liprings Mushmom

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    6:40 AM
    Tonk
    Islander
    Why not make the item that permanently increases mp/hp a Cash shop item. That way people who already HP washed don't lose out on all that Sweet NX they earned also?
    One of the most annoying parts of HP washing for me is the increased NX cost. which drains your precious NX resource from - creating other character, more nx gear, new hairs, and even GACHAPON!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    If it is AS EXPENSIVE as it is to wash to whatever level of HP... that would work. You could even make 5 of them; one for each class so as to not give any one class a greater advantage.

5. WalesNote

WalesNote Slime

Apr 29, 2018
    Male
    UK
    12:40 PM
    -
    Increase the HP gained from HP enhancing scrolls, add HP gain to all job advancements (not sure if it's there for third/fourth). That's all I got.

I've never bothered with HP washing, not sure if I'll even get to that stage, but I thought I would just play my archer, and if I stick around long enough, then I can just remake the character when I have enough NX/Mesos and just put all my AP into INT and leech back to the level I was. Would take some time to get the funds, but doable.

6. BenjiK

BenjiK Blue Snail

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    1:40 PM
    Kuerin
    Chief Bandit
    Hogwarts
    I suggest to add a level/upgradeable Ring, instead of fiddly perma MP drops that furthermore encourage washing.
    Let the Ring have HP + MP and maybe some WDef/MDef.
    At first the Ring could level up with your job advancement and later on be upgradeable through certain quests/tasks. (or even after quest milestones?)

7. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    2:40 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    First of all you need to solve the problem of new people not knowing about washing(like me until lvl 95).nfl
    -inside the game, maybe on maple island, add npc that explain it.
    -Book sold in general stores with detail.
    -on the main page: hp washing server click for info.

Next is the high level players
    *after you do the above there is no need for wide change in mechanics .
    if you can target us noob players(maybe by base mp/hp) then buff with hp that will be enough.
    -untradable item(desided by level) should be good.

but there are a lot of solution from others here...

in my opinion washing should be removed.
    it cant be the creators intent.
    some classes get hp boost at 2nd job advance on purpose. the game just wasnt complete at v62. so they didnt get boost at 3&4 job.
    you can see how it changed in later versions.

8. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    7:40 AM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Perhaps we can get a vote “hot time” event where we get more nx when we vote on the weekend say 1.5x to 2x vote nx than usual.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    7:40 AM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Also, speaking on the hp ring w/ the monster book, maybe tie in monster book + quest count to upgrade ring tiers insteas of just monsterbook. KimberlyKimberly

10. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Theifs/Archers will have 3.8k hp at lvl 155, 4.3k at lvl 170.
    Sairs get 4.2khp at lvl 155, 4.7k hp at lvl 170.

So, how much hp will the max ring give?
    Unless its around +1500 hp, you would still need to wash.

11. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    12:40 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. BenjiK

BenjiK Blue Snail

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    1:40 PM
    Kuerin
    Chief Bandit
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG] What about Hyper Body? Sometimes I get the feeling that people forget that they play an MMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    2:40 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    you are right. if they want to give a ring it should be at lvl 170 for HT. cuz Ht use skill cancel.

14. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    11:40 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Since Pink Bean is now released, i think we should talk about this some more

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Just allow mp washes to be done with AP reset AP in addition to fresh level up AP (instead of only fresh level up AP). Then anyone at any level can reset into base INT and MP wash provided they have voted long enough.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    11:40 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    That would just be triple/double the resets tho right? resetting to mp, then resetting from mp to hp, then resetting back mp to stat. (provided you have enough extra mp to do so)

17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    On the current trend and stuffs, I feel like the most possible solution is make the quest ring happen, and slap another 1k hp onto it.

Anything else is just going to change the game too much. Almost too much to predict at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. yomag

yomag Red Snail

May 14, 2020
    Beginner
    More love for DKs pls. No idea how to maintain zerk and not dying from getting slapped by PB.

19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    With Achilles PB will max for 15750 or so, unless you touch him. Wearing a HTP will reduce that further. No weenie DKs allowed in PB, zerk the whole fight or lose the license to DK.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Stop lying, look at this lvl 200 dk with 0 attack upload_2020-11-12_20-53-43.png

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.