1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lyff's Buccaneer balance and discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lyff, Jan 13, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    10:19 AM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    You should be using backspin. Stunning mobs = more damage.

2. Lufy

Lufy Red Snail

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    11:19 AM
    Buccaneer
    Horny
    Ye i using both backspin blow and double uppercut during the exp on skele and petri. Thanks to stun i can kill them on one hit instead of two. They are very usefull in my opinion + on backspin you have iframes so you can combing it with barrage to not be hitted even once f3

3. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    4:19 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Fellow bucc here~
    I would like to give some of my opinions on it too.

I am with you on this 100%. I found the stance to be more of a gamble - because it only works half of the time, the chances of me getting knocked back is super inconsistent so having a buff on this would be extremely useful. 80-90% of stance would be my ideal number but ANY kind of increase in % would help. In addition, increase in duration of energy charge would help too. I found 50 seconds to be too short, so maybe increasing that up to 60-90 seconds would be nice.

In terms of lowering skill points, I do not see any point of it because its not like there are other better skills to put onto anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now this is where my opinion diverges a little. Reduction in delay between casts would certainly be nice, but the biggest problem as a bit inexperienced buccaneer myself is hunting non-static bosses. If bosses can move around, the character has a tendency to move slightly towards the direction of attacking per cast, eventually end up touching the boss when used with dragon strike combo. Sure, I can always take advantage of iframes and move back after each cast, but that severely cuts my dps because then I cannot use the ds combo. Add in with the fact that buccs have lower than usual hp pool compared to other warrior classes (and requires COUGH COUGH 16mp per wash while 4mp for warriors), meaning having hb is a necessity on tanking more powerful bosses like bf and samurai boss. I just wish we could either have less mp required to wash or have barrage work consistently towards both static and non-static mobs.

Super transformation: I wish the cooldown time for this can be further reduced. As other buccs may agree, demolition is the only skill that gives us the dps that is in line with other warriors, and gives a little bit of breathing space to play with unlike having to play up close on barrage + ds combo. The maxed ST currently gives 4 minutes of CD in between each use. Bringing that down to 2-3 minutes will not only give much more consistent dps, but also help avoiding touching bosses in the face and get 1hit ko.

I agree with you on everything else~

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Bump.
    I would love to hear staffs opinion on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    My last bump on this topic KimberlyKimberly
    Considering such a low number of end-game buccaneers present on this server, I believe this thread should be investigated more in-depth.
    Any remarks/discussions would be greatly appreciated.

6. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    5:19 AM
    Solstice
    The general lack of response on so many suggestion threads is pretty disheartening.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    5:19 AM
    Solstice
    Nearly 5 months have passed since thread creation and not a single official response OnionWhatever

8. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I tried my best. It didn't work unfortunately MapleF4

9. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:19 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    FeelsBuccMan

10. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    I think they said in another thread that it can't be implemented into v62 but i'm going off memory here.

11. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:19 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  12. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:19 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    where the barrel mules at

13. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    These changes won't ever happen, since either they can't be implemented or are just not any good to be implemented.
    I understand that bucc has flaws, but every character has flaws, that's kinda the point.

14. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Crusader
    Every character has flaws, but some flaws are larger than others.

I have no experience with Buccs so I can't argue on their behalf, but Pallys have received some buffs to help alleviate some of their drawbacks. I suppose this boils down to whether Buccs are indeed disadvantaged or not.

15. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:19 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Classes like buccs/sairs, shads and even pallys just simply don't fit into the "meta" of Maple, esp in this version sadly. However i feel at least SI and TL have quite a huge desirability, making buccs a sought after "support attacker" regardless of how lacking their actual kit/dpm is.

16. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I understand that every class have its flaws, but some simply have bigger flaws than the others like merkymerky mentioned.
    My personal problem with bucc is their end-game with leveling. Unlike pallys, there are no good ways of earning good amount of exp by grinding so most of end-game buccs heavily rely on getting exp from HT. But then the problem with it is that having more than 1 bucc per party is considered unreasonable because we lack dps compared to other classes. And even when we do participate in ht, we tend to struggle much more than other warriors because we lack stance even though our main skills are all close-ranged. Adding with the fact that we have lower than usual hp pool and lack meso guard like shadowers doesn't help much on maintaining our survivability.

"This can't be implemented" just sounds like a lame excuse. If kimmy was able to decrease the cast time of ds/barrage and reduce the number of cooldown time for other skills, there always will be ways to make buccaneers more viable. As for "this is not good to be implemented" part, our current number of active end-game buccaneers should be sufficient enough to take this into consideration.

I am not asking for buccanners to have same classes like heroes. I just want them to have better end-game options so that it can be comparable to other cleaves because that is not the case right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters

what sucks is no direct response from GM's atleast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:19 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    OnionHi Hello~

First, I wanna say super detailed and well written post to LyffLyff. I remember reading this before I joined staff and thought it really thoroughly shed light on Bucc problems + I've seen Row in action, so I've seen her pain and suffering trying to climb back up the rope at HT.

Second, anything I say in this post is from me personally and doesn't reflect what staff will/might do in the future, so don't nag me if any of my suggestions don't actually show up in patch notes in the future.

So from looking at your post + changing to a Bucc to test out some of your grievances, I think what would make sense would be some of the following (not all):
    • Lower the amount of energy required for Energy Charge passive to be triggered (that way +20 W Attack compares to Rage, which is castable, and you get stance easier during bossing)
    • Increase the reach the barrage, so you can hit the arm without it being lifted (similar solution to the Pally blast problem)
    • Rather than mess with cast time/delay, maybe a bit of a % buff to skills like 230% > 250% for Barrage
    As for thee 50% stance, if any bucc can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it already at a 90% stance chance?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bonkorn

Bonkorn Timer

Dec 16, 2017
    5:19 PM
    Bonkorn, Iclyn, Magicorn
    Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop
    Promise
    The description was a joke and actually 40% lower than that i guess?
    I discovered this from a IMG skill file.

Class ID (Marauder): 511
    Skill ID (Energy Charge): 5110001
    "prop" shown on the GIF = Stance

[​IMG]

Actually would be:
    Level 1: 11% Stance
    Level 40: 50% Stance

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Glad to see some administrative/staff attention on this! I mained Buccaneer back in BBB GMS and can completely understand the grievances here. Would love to see such an underrepresented classes get some rebalances and I think the suggestions made here are spot on.

• Agree Agree x 1