1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed boost for Chief Bandit.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lulinya, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    11:53 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    The "assaulter" took a decent time to finish that it is not fit to any attack combo
    but a half teleport half attack skill.
    I suggest +2 more speed for it

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    9:53 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i've seen other v62 videos and servers have assaulter faster (you can chain them with other skills faster), an example is, being able to jump off a mount in HT at the top and get out the mount and assaulter across.
    i've also seen assassinate/Bstep for after an assaulter alot faster than now. there is a distinct pause after using a skill.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:53 PM
    Moderator Post
    The assassinate skill confuses me. We have buffed it in our last skill update but that was seen as a 'nerf' instead, so it was reverted back to old stats.

4. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    think hes talking about the 3rd job skill "assaulter", where you dash and cut through mobs. i was just referring, saying ive seen assaulter be able to be used after bstep/other skills. but theres a pause after using assaulter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwI5Uy19Thk , this could be used as an example as well. being able to assaulter after dismounting. we've tried having our shads attempt this, but there is no timing to do it after using a different skill.
    it would be cool to see Assaulter be utilized more for mobility.

5. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i believe some shads are glad of the reverted Assassinate

6. Keenan

Keenan King Slime

Jun 1, 2018
    Male
    USA
    12:53 PM
    Keenan
    Seems like a nice quality of life buff to make it feel a little less clunky(?) when chaining attacks.

7. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    10:53 AM
    Shadower
    Nate has more damage the longer you charge it. The original was 12 seconds, but the buff/nerf capped the damage at the original 8 seconds, instead of having the original 12 second charge damage at 8 seconds. (that is, after the revert, I've been able to hit damage cap whereas before, I was nowhere near that)

(On another subject, plz buff nate)

ASSAULTER on the other hand, YES ALSO BUFF. I find that I don't really use it other than at Shaolin to avoid the stairs. Even if we ignore using it as an actual attack, from a mobility standpoint it's kind of uhhhh bad. If Neckson intended it to be the shad version of flash jump, that's a big ol yikes. It's probably why after bb assaulter gets replaced with fj anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    5:53 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Thumbs up for buffing assaulter!
    The pause after using it makes the skill not very useful as an attack skill in combo with other skills.
    From mobility perspective it's also not very useful because you need a monster to use it (so impossible to use in towns, but that is the skill property so cannot be changed I guess) and the pause makes the movement actually pretty slow anyway (and you can get hit in this window when you are unable to move/use other skills).
    I find myself using this skill only rarely and only in cases where there in an upper platform I would need stairs to reach but can use assaulter to "teleport". So yeah pretty rarely.

So I would be very happy if something could be done with the delay time for this skill <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    2:53 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    OP said +2 speed, which I assume means going from 900ms to 720ms, basically parity with Savage Blow, so not an unreasonable ask.

Sure why not.

10. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Bandit is least cool class compare to others and the gap is big enough to not wasting time discuss about.
    But since some of friends quit as bandit at lv70-80 then it is not about cool class or not,
    After a few event I finally dedicated to play as bandit, the only class that I don't want to bother spending time with in my total 10 years of Maple-life, to see whats is wrong with bandit.
    P/s: Not mention those whos maxed out others job and play bandit just to explode their unlimited amount of meso.

11. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I found out that the most enjoyable thing at bandit that no other class have.
    It is when fighting mini bosses, the bandit class stand out and stand over other class, no one could as cool as them at mini bossing.
    ( but that fun has been ripped off now: min 3 hours for mini bosses respawm, Campers multi client to farm scrolls and NX despite that long time of waiting)

12. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    im so confused on this now. we're trying to support your assaulter issue. keep it on topic and not be biased please xd

13. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:53 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I think assaulter is an amazing skill, my first char on here was a CB and fell in love with the skill. So fun to use and you can get really creative with it~ :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    I dont see a problem with assaulter as it it right now. it's not really an attacking skill but a mobility one, used to get to higher platforms or jump from one platform to another that has a monster on it horizontally.
    at the same time I dont see an issue with decreasing the delay after using the skill, besides the fact that it wouldnt be as 0.62v. the skill is kinda weird to use as an attacking skill since youd have to go back and forth between the monster, which doesnt work well in big monsters (assaulter at zak anyone?). The change wouldnt make shadowers too mobile/strong so imbalance isn't an issue here.

15. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    6:53 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    OH wait, so the problem with the Assassinate was that the time reduction wasnt proportional with the DMG caused. i didnt knew the buff got reverted, but yeah, since is a skill with different stages on its load, cutting the time only, only reduces the damage, but if you make that max dmg appear at the time you capped it, it should be considered a buff for real.

And about assaulter is a really cool skill, but i havent compared it with videos (i saw one from ayumilove using the skill too, for example)

16. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you can chain the skill with other skills. such as: assaulter--> savage blow or Band of Thieves. Assaulter stuns mobs as well. it doesnt have to be used in big groups of mobs

17. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    its also a fun skill to use. its like having Grenade on corsairs, when the skills damage is trash, but its fun to use during wings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    The only nerf assaulter ever had years ago was the removal of it being used on the airship

19. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I’ve always had this issue with assulter too! Even if the damage had to be reduced, the attack speed boost would bring out its real functionality and make the CB skillset so much smoother without feeling inherently different. I support this!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    Bumping because assaulter is basically only useful as a mobility skill now. It's delay is very high for the damage output (max level is roughly what savage blow is). With a lower delay it could be an alternative to using savage blow in 3rd job.