1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Rings!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lionheart, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Right now guild points really don't seem to do much besides serving as some kind of ranking system on the honor rock. But even this ranking system doesn't really mean much. It might be interesting if we had some NPC either at the guild registration building in orbis or at the excavation camp where members of a guild that has lots of guild points could obtain a special ring.

We could do this by guild rankings, for example if your guild is on the first page, you get a Tier X ring, and if your guild is on the second page you get a Tier X-1 ring, and so on. Or we could do it simply by the total amount of guild points your guild has ever amassed. Checking if the ring is still good is still done like how cash shop items expire, so when you change map or channels, and you have left your guild or gone down a ranking, it goes POOF!

Just to be different, let's say... how about the guild ring adds the following stats:

Tier 1:
    1 watk
    2 matk
    50 wdef
    50 mdef
    Minimum level: 30

Tier 2:
    2 watk
    4 matk
    100 wdef
    100 mdef
    Minimum level: 50

Tier 3:
    3 watk
    6 matk
    150 wdef
    150 mdef
    Minimum level: 70

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    1:12 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    cut the bullshit Kim won’t add anything that start with “ring” for the next few years (I hope so) oh god it’s you again,what r u up to? Causing an cancer thread? just edit or remove it all im out

LOL it adds def well

and it’s wont work tho ppl will just join stronger guild get the ring and leave

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    6:12 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I understand this is controversial topic but please discuss with meaningful thoughts without name calling. This subforum is called Suggestions, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    ok but ppl need to stop with the rings
    MB was a 2k18 mistake

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:12 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'm actually interested in this as being a new feature.
    Why else would guilds do GPQ anyways? Other than being on the leaderboard?

If you're an intellectual being with some kind of intelligence you would understand that the buff from wdef/mdef is actually useful for some people.

And I'm kinda sad at how you're throwing salt at an interesting suggestion.

Little thing I'm seeing as a problem is the amount of matk/watk the tiered rings would give... I'd be thinking that giving them all stats buff would be less OP, and make them doable as another ring to slot on a char.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    3:12 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Cool idea, but I am sure Kimmy won't like it because it gives certain people an advantage from the very start, more so than the quest ring that was suggested.

One way to go about it is to reset the guild score, but it won't be acceptable for my boss MapleF12

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:12 PM
    Moderator Post
    removed the completely unneed indirct namecalling from the op

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    First of all I’m not against the def,just about the “ring”
    Second : there is no such a ring, even in gms nowadays which gives you 150def... which probably won’t happen on maplelegends, think b4 you type
    Third : ITS A RING

9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Why don't you just calm right down.
    Probably a good idea to just calm right on down.

On topic, I don't even agree with this because it it puts players at an advantage or disadvantage depending on "who" they belong to unless I read it wrong,
    but damn just calm down DvahDvah put your ass away PLEASE

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    We can do it a month race.
    The guild that get the most points each month will get the item. Which will expire after 30 days or more.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    That's a great idea, but might be asking alot of developers

12. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I take it you missed the part where the ring disappears like an expired cash item when you leave your guild.

Frankly I don't care if you keep screaming no like a child. I threw the idea out there at the very least.

I didn't just want to give players an advantage right from the beginning as well, which is why I also added level requirements. Every other ring takes some work from the player that wears it.

13. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Go code it first gl

it’s easy to write but coding it’s another story

14. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    I dont think its too much work. The point system is already there.
    It will be realy cool thing to add to the server in my opinion.
    The item can be cosmetic. Like the guild name below will show different color or something..

And dvah trolling

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    cool concept, alot of ideas, it would be cool to have an npc for various things so GPQ/guilds had more reasons to do so. Wish guild contribution was a thing from later versions, but all goods. We do have alot of rings , so maybe not a ring. who knows. So far MapleLegends has had amazing features :3 , the monster book ring wasnt its whole purpose. Card farming was fun to do with friends and guildies. Something fresh to do besides grinding. (also found alot of ores,equips,scrolls) from consitantly farming cards. Think some people need to learn how to Talk constructively instead of bashing on each other and calling names :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I like the idea of rings or something to add incentive for GPQing because it's a bit lackluster right now.

17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It would be interesting to add a unique reward to the bonus stage of Guild PQ to make it competitive again. Personally I don't like the idea of adding something in after the fact that people put a lot of work in. Rings might be a tad over-suggested, but it would be cool to have a different version of Broken Glasses with a unique way of upgrading them, like Egging a Horntail Pendant, and maybe having them end up with 5 in all stats, 2 weapon attack, and some minor HP. They'd be best in slot, but it would still take many GPQ's to get the new item and the upgrades for however many slots there are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    While you're not wrong, there is someone who brings it upon himself a lot and the sad part is...I don't think he understands why. Maybe he's being sarcastically supportive? Maybe he's being sardonically caustic? It's difficult to say a lot of times, and that kind of ambiguity isn't going to sit well with some people and when they've had their fill they will lash out. Does it make it right? No. Do I understand the plight? Oh yes.

Anyway, sounds interesting. I'd be worried about Power Creep, for one, but more importantly I'd be worried that this might cause younger and less populated guilds to become extinct and there would only be two to four guilds. This was exactly the kind of system that Clash of Clans adopted a few years back - and it can be kind of fun in a very populous environment like CoC, but I don't think MapleLegends has the population to really support something like this without causing an implosion to the number of guilds in the game. On the plus side, Kimberly would be happy with it bringing people more together - technically. Heck, the entire population could conceivably be in 5 guilds and then everyone would be in Alliance chat! =oD Maybe we could all be sorted into our Houses? Hmmm...I like it, but it needs tweaking...after the Wedding Ring becomes an item that can be worn over other rings like the CS Couples Rings, first.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Good point. We dont want 1 strong guild to win every time.
    Maybe the item will expire after 1 year. And it will be one of kind. So guilds cant win many times in a row.
    Or just make it so the winning guilds cant take part in the next race.

Another idea i have. After they win, the leaders can choose between some items. For ex:
    1 atk cape
    3 stats mask
    10 int shoes
    (All 0 slots cant be scroled)
    If the leaders want to support the low level members they might choose the cape. Or if everyone want to hp wash they will go with the shoes.

I wonder how many active guilds are on the server, but anyway i think top 3 guilds to win every month or 2 month might be good.

20. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Uh.. I don't think everyone will just up and leave their guilds to join some conglomerate of only 3-4 guilds in the entire server. The fact that we have a huge member capacity doesn't help, but I still don't think this will happen. People still have their friends they want to stick with, and some people just can't get along with each other. Also, I assume these tangible benefits would be even more reason to be exclusive, and their own members might reserve more spaces for their alts.

I just don't think it's true at all. Would you abandon your guild?