1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Standardise Events NX drops/AP reset exchanges

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redblueblur, Mar 9, 2020.

Most importantly;

1. Make available NX drops w/o event @ lower than event rates

23.8%
  2. Make available NX drops during all events

19.0%
  3. Reduce the AP reset exchange requirements during all events

57.1%
  4. Extend Events duration to at least 1 month period

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    6:43 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Voting this long to play a washed character is kinda long b4 loosing interest in the game and taking breaks that may end into quitting the game. Even 11.5k will take approx 1yr+ of voting which is kinda absurd. Some of us only can vote 1 account at a time still (mobile), as if we share a same wifi w siblings that play this server too or simply cuz our wifi cant vote at all.

I believe by farming event points and exchanging them for AP resets may help shave down the voting period by a factor of 1 month per 1 month duration Event (daily 6~12hrs grinds). But this is not 100% feasible since we have irl stuff to do. However, I hope the admins will actually lower the required points per event AP reset exchange (imo shld always be lower than Raffle when legendary scrolls r present.) Since we're willing to miss out on our Raffle/NX outfit chances for AP resets, i think we can slightly adjust the rates to some extend.

For example:CNY x Valentine event 2020 (16feb ~ 11 march)
    Either/all:
    1. Event duration could be extended to reach the 1month duration mark, OR
    2. Raffle @ 180 points vs AP Resets @ 240 points (what? shldnt it be the other way around)
    - 1x Red envelopes usually drops every 2~3mins (got this on my lv80 ice mage, not sure about other single targeting jobs - do post ur drop rates below), OR
    3. No NX drops from monster during event (it's a 2 in 1 event, why no NX drops?)
    - if not, how about make available NX drops w/o event @ lower than event rates?
    - say at a rate 1/10 of the event rates

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:43 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hello, I do agree with the sentiment that events should help accelerate washing by rewarding players who play, though I will respond to these points individually. However, I would much rather wait for the event feedback thread for these to be brought up.

1. Event duration is not and should not be homogenized, so not all events need to be 1 month long. This event in particular is shorter because it is designed to be a smaller event compared to other events like Anniversary and Christmas.
    2. If the cost is swapped, why pay more when getting potions is the highest chance and WS/CS are extremely rare. An AP reset reward is a guaranteed reward, no RNG involved.
    3. NX coupons dropping from mobs is an event thing, that being said it will most likely be exclusive to events. As for why this event has none, it's because event rewards are intentionally varied for different events.

Reminder: Events can be utilized to help yourself in your washing process, but are not to be seen as the main method to obtain AP resets

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    7:43 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    To me, events are a primary and crucial source of ap resets, since it keeps me engaged with my character and playing the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:43 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Or actually get a sale option on buying bulk AP Resets.
    Just like Smegas, do it for AP Resets.
    Sell for 30k - 10 AP resets (3k per AP reset, so that's 100NX less per AP reset)
    or for 31k - 11 AP resets (2.8k per AP reset, so that's 300NX less per AP reset)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    1:43 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    NX ticks should be a mob drop,grind2win

Edit : actually gene2win :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  7. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    alright thank you for sharing the insights on the plans/theme for events to come

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:43 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Some events are just better than others, though without NX drops this event has been very tough for farming.

If you want to maximize Envelope collection Damp Forest is probably the best spot as mannies are no good anymore.(Though you also have the drawback of no real drops other than gachapon) If you're using a summon at the top and single target 1st job skill on the bottom you can expect 45-60 envelopes per hour. This comes out to be 100-130 coins per hour. Which means if you forsake everything else you can get .4 - .54 AP Resets per hour of training. That's 1300-1700 NX per hour with a mage invested in making it doable.

Honestly it feels really poor, especially compared to the last event with NX drop cards making the rates significantly higher(Also with extra money from Mannequins to make things more efficient)

I sort of quenched my expectations for the event after seeing no NX card drops and instead just chose to focus on getting the cosmetics I wanted. I do want to get AP Resets but I can be patient for a better NX/hr event. It has been a bit frustrating though between the bossing DC's just creating a negative atmosphere among my friends in not wanting to go kill HT as we aren't sure if we'd be able to finish, and the grinding not being that rewarding towards reaching goals in a reasonable manner. I think a lot of the end game players I hang around who are still active see this event in somewhat of a negative light, but are too polite to want to complain about it as we know the major problem in the DC issues is being worked on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:43 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Even when outside of events, it's possible to farm NX by making an LPQ mule and do it a lot. (Admittedly that had become a lot more difficult recently owing to the crashing client, but the idea is sound and I know more than a few players who did it to significantly cut down their washing time frame.)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    possible but not viable, a measly 500~1knx a hour and that pq is draining as fok. 4hrs+ for an ap reset. When people suggest gaining nx by doing ludi pq it really triggers my fingers,

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:43 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    LMPQ / PPQ giving out some NX when?
    Make those PQ more thriving so 50-100 can be funnier / less boring.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Why does everyone miss the fact that Guild PQ gives NX in bonus stage? I get easy 350 ~ 1k NX a run and some scrolls. Also, we most certainly need more people doing GPQ to lower Taunt 30 prices. Given, we're a HP wash optional server, I think we're in a good spot when it comes to AP resets, with or without event bonuses.

• Agree Agree x 1