1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition for Buccaneer Super Transformation to have 90% stance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dawnie, Apr 4, 2020.

1. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    6:28 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    You don’t need corkscrew to climb the rope... I’ve seen multiple mages and even corsairs use the rope trick I already said before. You jump on the right side of the rope and an attack from HT pushes you onto the rope. Then you can safely climb the rope without worrying about getting knocked down. And yes mages and corsairs do also climb to the top left to do damage to the heads so it’s possible to do this trick on both ropes.

Edit: I do agree buccs have problems as a whole though but stance is so far down the list it’s not even a problem imo. The biggest problem is that dexbuccs exist so people just use them as SI and TL mules which completely remove any need for a true bucc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    6:28 PM
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    I’ve seen multiple mages and even corsairs use the rope trick I already said before. --> Why are there mages in HT? Like i said, BS only need to do them once in awhile for buffs. Not keep on doing it every time he/she got knocked down. Do BS need to stay at the top platform to keep Angel Raying ? And again, this is talking about melee, dont bring ranged class in. They are ranged and there is a reason they are ranged.

How do you even understand what are needed the most in Buccaneer class when you dont even play buccaneer? (PS: I am talking about maining Buccaneer, stop with those mule)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    3:28 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    It sounds like all the non-bucc mains disagree. I wanna hear from more buccs heh

As a bucc main, some form of stance other than energy charge would be really helpful, whether it be through this method or making energy charge activate faster. A few things to note:
    1) Since buccs have so many main skills to max, most buccs won't get the 5 minute SI till lvl 190 ish, so we have to give SI after every super transform (ST)
    2) If this buff happened, at HT, this would encourage buccs to jump up ropes in ST and not in normal form, making us lose our main dpm time (ST dpm vs not-ST dpm is very very different). Right now, most buccs SI when ST is down. So it's not as big of a buff as you might think.
    3) If you want to compare buccs to warriors, you can't forget shads (the other cleavers).
    Shadow shifter isn't something you have to pray for lol With your high avoid + SS + iframes, you virtually have stance. Buccs are the only melee class that gets knocked off every few seconds, even with iframes. Also shads can use assaulter to climb to mid platform even after wings by attacking arms, but buccs can't. We can only use corkscrew to get to mid platform till wings die.
    4) Buccs already have a million skills to use consistently (how many of you others need 10 keys on your keyboard for attacking skills you use regularly? Mind you, 10 keys excluding macros), so it'd be nice to not have to think about repositioning as much. Def would be huge QoL improvement.

But also, I wouldn't give up bucc for any other class regardless of this buff, so it's up to the GMs to decide heh

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    12:28 PM
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    You cant do rope trick when your casting demolition there is a delay when using it and there is no time to grab the rope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    So don’t cast demo? The whole point is to get up the rope not to do damage. You get iframes from being damaged so use them to your advantage. I’m also really curious now how many people fall off the top left platform in HT. On the top right I’d agree it’s a huge hassle to hit the right head but the left side shouldn’t be that much of a problem getting knocked down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    So you'll only listen to a bucc main? Oh boy here we go...

Stance in ST is a stupid idea. I shouldnt have to say more. The demo iframes do work. Theres a reason I call it "NL mode", and its not just dmg.

Learn to climb. The corkscrew trick does help us to maneuver faster when its available. If it's not available (we're in ST) then it's usually your fault for being down there in the first place. Outside of a dispel rebuff, proper positioning means we never have to leave our top left platform. ST lasts 120 seconds, so lasts 210 (I'd say use 11 si, not 20 si for calcs, we're wayy to sp starved in 4th). We dont need nor should have access to near-permanent stance. We "arent always in ST", but we are 2/3 of the time, and when we arent, our iframes are easier control, and a well timed bubble would give us literally 10 seconds out of 180 without stance.

As I've said in the past, the only adjustment I'd like to see done is allow our slow, multihit attacks to generate more charge. Charge per line would be much easier to work with and have viable uptime, even if the charge per line was reduced from what it is now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    There should be some kind of stance buff we are mulelegends we are not needed as much anymore for our buffs a mule can easy replace us also do dpm 45 in ht and you will see how far behind we are compared to other classes.

8. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    Cant use iframes if ht does 10 000 atks how you gonna dodge that?

9. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    NL mode, LMAO. I played NL to 200 and i dont see how Buccs can be compared to NL (iFrames vs Fake + Avoid).

If it's not available (we're in ST) then it's usually your fault for being down there in the first place. --> Huge joke. Meaning, after climbed up once, ST-ed, and knocked down, IT YOUR STUPIDITY FOR ACTIVATING ST, NOW YOU HAVE NO CORKSCREW BLOW.

Maybe thats how your 'walking drk corsair' comes into mind ....

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Don't get knocked down while at the top. It literally is as simple as that. I wouldnt call holding one TT button to 200 an achievement if game sense didnt come with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Hmm, I am just emphasizing that Bucc ST is no NL mode. Call it your own mode but it has nothing to do with NL, not even close. Didnt say that was an achievement but i guess i had more experience than you in NL. (Just guessin).

Dont get knocked down at top platform. --> Wow, im surprise you said this. Even people with stance drops, what about people without ? Are you joking ? @@~?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    Like i said do a dpm 45 and check the results you will be suprised even with good positioning. It's harsh but it's the truth and it has to be said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  14. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    5:28 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    that nobody sees my videos in discord in screens?

17. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    pirate Life mo have macro mw SI .peppecry.

Attached Files:

18. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    I honestly always knew that a buccaneer's dps was not the best but now I even get whites in ht, if you have any doubts you can write me to discord

• Like Like x 2
  19. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    Imagine playing a bucc when you can play a warrior who's worst fear isn't getting knocked down ht ladder

20. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Dude, you are 195. You over - leveled compared to most HT-runners.