1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove member-capped for manon map or limit the mapowner's right

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by IHateApple, Aug 11, 2020.

1. IHateApple

IHateApple Horny Mushroom

Dec 19, 2017
    4:08 PM
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    With the recent ToS change about Griefing regarding Mapowner rights clarification, which read as follows:
    "- Ask a player to leave the map IF deemed to be interfering to the gameplay of the mapowner and by extension, the mapowner's party. Interference includes the following but not limited to: kill stealing, looting drops, preventing other members from entering the map (applicable to member-capped maps, such as Manon)"

With this clarification, i assume GM is setting a rule for all the map in this game, which mapowner now have rights to ask people to leave the map if they think you interfering their gameplay which can be anything. Since there is member-capped map such as Manon or Griffey map, once i get mapowner of those map, i can just ask the people I don't like or don't know(basically can be anyone in this game) to leave the map so they can't get manon's kill for ht prequest or even for 4th job adv.

Since there is no clear line for interfering to the gameplay, I can just claim what if hs30 book, chair or even card drop from Manon, I'm afraid that this random person I don't know will loot it or I have "5 more fake people" (I can just bring 5 mule to make this claim legit) come to this map for the "kill", so basically I can control all the Manon map with 8 character that can hold channel plus 5 mule. With 13 characters total I can prevent everyone on this server to do HT prequest.

Hence, I think we should either remove the member-capped for some area boss map, like Manon or Griffey, or we shouldn't grant mapowner the right to ask people to leave from those member-capped map which should just be first come first serve basic, if just for Manon kill as part of HT prequest as long non-mapowner player don't loot the drop from Manon.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:53 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    +1 to removing cap.

Most of the time there aren't even 5 people that need manon..

3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:08 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It says mapowner can only ask another player to leave IF the other player is preventing another player from entering... like if there's already 5 people in your group in the map and you have a 6th coming. Then a random player comes in and blocks your 6th man from coming in.

Nothing has changed from before... mapowners always asked people to leave their maps. This wasn't a change to mapowner or the griefing clause. It merely made the right to do so public & clarified.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    IHateApple

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    So I can just make 5 mule to prevent anyone else to enter the manon map?

And I don't think that was the case when 6th person unable to come in, people usually just tell their 6th person(aka unlucky pt memeber, sometime can even be 2-3 ppl in their pt) to go to other channel to find another one. It more like grey area for mapowner to ask someone to leave the manon map if it's full, at least usually I don't leave I'll just afk there till they killed it. But since you guys have this written in the ToS now, thing can become ugly soon unless you remove manon kill as part of the HT prequest. If someone find a manon, they can just bring all his mule there or just any of his nearby friend/guidie and then ask random ppl to leave the manon map?

Worse case will be ppl start selling manon kill or even manon map for mesos. I know one person control all 8 channel is hard, but what if just ask 3-4 your friend to join you to camp all 8 channel which probably has better return than HT if people start selling the slot to enter the manon map.

So I don't think you guys should give mapowner the right to ask someone to leave the map as long as they don't cause mess in the map.

5. OP
    OP
    IHateApple

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    So just to clarify my point, if we give mapowner power to ask ppl to leave the member-capped map(aka manon map), we will just make the game more toxic. People gonna fight over everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    2:08 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    cc or get banned

7. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    7:08 AM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Honestly though, why is the member-capped map even a thing to begin with

8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Actually why is this specific map member capped in the first place? How is it different from other regional boss map?

Is there any other map have the same member capped rule? Other than the mini-dungeons where only 1 party is allowed at the same time.

9. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    5:08 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Manon's respawn time already got heavily reduced, what else do you guys want

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. mantouks

mantouks Slime

Oct 10, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    debs|derps|soleus
    Bishop
    SweetDream
    AFAIK, if you're map owner, you can. It's up to the map owner to decide if he/she wants to allow other people in or take up all 6 slots. In any other map, the map owner can ask a player to leave if the player is disrupting. From my experience, if there's a slot, most players would allow me to hit and get the kill. If mapowner tells me it's full, even if some players are still on the way, I'd just leave.

And that's because the map owner decides that it is fine. I'm assuming you're saying you went ahead and hit manon (hopefully with permission of the map owner) then afk until they killed it so you get your kill.

I mean you can try, but manon respawns in like 2 hours? I doubt you can keep going at it for long.

I mean.. in most maps I would think a player afking in your map and "not causing mess" would not be breaking any rules. However, what I understand from the updated ToS is that, the problem is if the map owner of the manon map has not given you the permission to hit (& get your kill), because a friend is on the way, and you go ahead anyway, hit and afk. You taking up a slot and not allowing said friend to come in. Now that wouldn't be "not causing mess", would it?

It used to be that you need to collect manon's cry as part of the HT prequest. I'm not 100% sure but I think manon's cry isn't a guaranteed drop(?) and thus there wasn't enough manon to go around, I guess. It was then changed to manon's kill rather than cry, so you'll only need to at least hit once and somebody else can kill manon and still complete the prequest. So essentially allowing up to 6 people to clear their quest with 1 manon.

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I've heard of several instances where people with mapowner ask others to leave by claiming someone else is coming, but then they proceed to kill the manon without a full map, effectively excluding those they asked to leave. I believe this type of toxic behavior is what OP is asking to be regulated against.

Edit:

My personal take on this issue - mapowner status on Manon and Griffey should only lend claim to the drops (and maybe exp). The kill itself should be on a first-come, first-served basis. I think it's a much larger grievance to bar people from clearing their quest. Holding a Manon alive for 15 minutes while waiting for 5 guild members to boat over from Ludi is a ridiculous practice that has become normalized. If we shifted the policy to a first-come first-served basis, it would allow for a much organic culture of hunting and killing Manon, which sits nicely with the recent Manon timer change. This would also allow for people to communicate and compromise with each other, which also yields organic community growth.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    IHateApple

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    When 5-6 was packed, I know someone who hold the map for 4-5 hrs before he/she actually use the map for weeks. So if ppl really want to camp all manon channel, 2hr is nothing by just put mule in map to hold mapowner.

Everyone can claim their friends are on the way, and in my knowledge most of the people just spam their all screen attack skill once they enter the manon map(while the map is still loading) to check mapowner or just check spawn of manon. So mapowner can not stop people from unintentional hit or even intentional hit of the mob. Isn’t there a ban recently for people who hold manon for hours just not killing it, so with this new ToS, I can just be toxic by claiming my friends(party of 5) are coming but idk how long it will take, and since I’m the mapowner I can ask people to leave since “they” will fill the map.
    With a better example, when Kid Mannequin map has auto aggro on, if someone afk at the rope in your map which they will take the aggro by bring Kid Mannequin to the rope instead of where mapowner at, GM said before they cannot spawn those afker back to fm.

As -ovv said, mapowner should only be able to claim the drop and exp of the map. The players of the game are already toxic enough, if we give them more way to abuse the game. Manon map will become the new meta to control ht market.

13. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    7:08 PM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    5-6 has safe spots while Manon does not (while it's spawned). I believe this makes hoarding maps much harder.

It doesn't matter what map you're in, if you enter a map (that's owned by somebody else) and the first thing you do is use an AOE ability, the first response you're going to get is "cc".
    And quite frankly, this is not true (at least in my experiences). Most of the time, people enter the map, see Manon, and ask if they can either get a hit or get help for their job advancement BEFORE attacking. Because they have common courtesy.

this would 100% be a disruption of gameplay, and I'm certain a GM would intervene, if available.

I'm a firm believer that the game is only as toxic as you make it out to be. If you politely ask for a Manon hit, more often than not, they'll gladly allow it. On the off chance that they do require all 5 extra slots in the map, you should give them the benefit of the doubt and go to the 7 other channels the server has to offer.

Also, to those that may have skipped over this:
    I think this means the map needs to already be full for the mapowner to request you to leave. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall, I believe this is a great change/clarification in regards to Manon. There are too many instances where people feel entitled to a Manon hit, and would just come in, attack and then afk without asking. This is a way more severely underhanded practice that has become normalized and I'm glad it has somewhat gotten addressed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    7:08 PM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    You can just hold aggro on a tanky char, draw manon to one side, and afk on the other side.

I've seen this happen quite a few times, maybe not the majority of the time but defs a non-negligible amount.

Does it matter if it's not full though? Don't underestimate the sweaties of ML, most have several high level chars and it's not that much work to just bring them over. You could even split it with a friend, each of you bring 3 mules. Then once the map is has 5/6 people you can ask the person to leave.

15. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    6:08 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Replace Griffey with Manon then barf the "Secret scroll" from 10 mils to 100 mils, 1000 mils for magician class. There you go 1 arrow three leaves.